Least Favorite Dog Breeds

Dalmatians sufferred badly after the Disney movie 101 Dalmatians. There was a great demand for them as people wanted "those cute disney animals" in their homes and it was a disaster. Dalmatians have a temperament more similar to a German Shepherd than a cute companion dog, and ppl didn't realize this. The high demand also meant they got bred like crazy with no regulation, so their nervous system got fucked. Now-a-days they tend to be leery and bite without growling to warn others, reactive and unhinged. It's got better though and meeting the breeder will help a lot to weed out the crazed individuals since this trait is hereditary.

They also suffer from a genetic disorder which makes their pee have crystals in it, this leads to a lot of bladder and kidney problems.
There would be a better strand of Dalmatians with no problems with uric acid, but they are considered a different line, and it took 30 years for them to be even accepted as Dalmatians despite their obvious better health. The Dalmatian kennel clubs vehemently attest that a dal with uric acid problems is not ill and one with no uric acid problems is not better than one with problems, but that's how breed clubs work, I have little faith in them and what they consider a healthy dog - just look at what they did to pugs and bulldogs and still claim they are healthy dogs with good proportions. Sigh.

I've heard this before and still agree with it. Nothing fucks a breed up more than popularity - romanticising a breed brings nothing but bad. It's a real shame because I'm sure if they hadn't had that huge jump of popularity, the breed today would be much more stable. Dalmatians are gorgeous dogs, it's such a damn shame. I'm well aware of the Kennel Club's fuckery, my family breeds too - the hoops we're having to jump through nowadays to have our dogs meet their 'standards' is honestly ridiculous, especially considering we've being doing this for over 20 years.

There would be a better strand of Dalmatians with no problems with uric acid, but they are considered a different line, and it took 30 years for them to be even accepted as Dalmatians despite their obvious better health.
What kind of line is that, if I may ask?

Nah, I really tried to teach a Great Dane something. I don't know man, they are extremely slow and you'll have to repeat the same thing over and over again, every god damn day until finally, they understood what I want from them. But maybe I am just used to shepherds. Shepherds learn way faster (but also easier to fuck up because of that. Every good thing also has a bad side).
Well, I can't confirm that, probably depends on the individual, too. But it does make sense for the Shepherds to be faster learners, since they're working dogs.
I don't doubt that Danes can precisely read the body language of humans, because that's normal for any dog, no matter what breed. If a dog couldn't read it's owner after growing up with him/her or humans in general, then I'd consider that dog to be at least mentally underdeveloped in some way.
I think it goes beyond just the body language, but as a Great Dane person I might be biased :)

Last edited:
French bulldogs. God I hate those little things. INCREDIBLY annoying, incredibly aggressive.. incredibly unhealthy. They are my absolute least favorite dog breed. I also don't like Goldens. I think they're ugly and crazy.. very anxious dogs. Most don't have any confidence. I hate their scraggly fur that tangles and collects leaves and twigs.

Well... I must say that I'm not really fond of small breeds (pinschers, chihuahuas, etc...). It's not only a physical aspect, but it's more a mental aspect. They are usually really spoiled breeds, so they have a bad temper because of their owners.
I pity brachy breeds, they have no fault of their condition and most of them are really good tempered dogs (I've never meet a bad English Bulldog, for example).
I really love Great Danes, I find them so handsome and they are gentle giants. I don't know them really well to say if they are all "dumb" but it's a thing that makes them even cuter (how many people dislike labs because they are dumb? :p) to me. Well... I can understand that if you are a person who looks for a challenge they probably aren't the best choice, but I'd personally like to snuggle one of those big boys ❤
I want to add that all dog breeds have health problems because of human selection, so, while you may think that some breeds are healthier than others (and it may also be) there is no breed without genetic problems (the downside of inbreeding). If you want a healthier dog you should probably look for a cross, they are generally less prone to genetic issues because they have an higher variability confronted to selected breeds.

Ima have to say Chihuahua. And I'm puerto rican so that says a lot haha. They're just too yappy and annoying for me. It is funny when they pretend to act tough though lol. Toy poodle comes in second place I think. They're just ugly imo.

I have issues with German Shepard’s. I know they are smart, dedicated companions. When I was 6 my grandfathers German Shepard attacked me and I received teeny five stitches. At the time I wasn’t believed that I had done nothing to the dog. Some months later while my folks, grand parents and the dog were walking behind the machine she’d the dog turned around and attacked my brother, he still carry’s a claw scare on his
cheek. Grandfather put him down than. Granted I believe it was a puppy milled farm dog and not an example of the breed but I have never been able to warm to them since to ever own one.

French bulldogs. God I hate those little things. INCREDIBLY annoying, incredibly aggressive.. incredibly unhealthy. They are my absolute least favorite dog breed. I also don't like Goldens. I think they're ugly and crazy.. very anxious dogs. Most don't have any confidence. I hate their scraggly fur that tangles and collects leaves and twigs.
French bulldogs and other flat-faced, brachycephalic breeds suffer from overbreeding that has squashed their brains into a too-small skull. A friend of mine had one; it was on all sorts of anti-anxiety meds, but still bit her in the face one night as she was sleeping. She had to euthanize.

Two types. Small and yappy and anything related to high numbers of human attacks - mostly fighting dog breeds such as pits.

Pugs. Everyone has seen the picture of the pug skull, Imagine struggling to breathe your entire life. I also don't really get why people think they're cute, looks like they got shot out of a potato gun at a brick wall.

The flat-faced breeds have been overbred to the point where their brains are squashed into too-small skulls. However, some people think they're just darling, so irresponsible breeders keep cranking them out.

I am terrified of chows. One chased me down and bit into my leg when I was five; my father had to literally shoot it as it wouldn't release his grip on me. I still have scars.

Later, when I lived in Asia, I would be walking past a fenced yard when a chow would suddenly slam up against the fence in an effort to get to me.

Bullies, except boxers and the target breed. All the rest are either disabled by dog standards or look like they're going to eat your baby.

Not the dogs fault, but XXL breeds that some breeders keep working at getting them bigger and bigger thus shortening their already short lifespan sucks. My great dane is a lean 130lbs, smart as hell, extremely sweet and is my best friend. I feel he's a good representation of a healthy size and shaped dog.

Most of the bull breed family. No, I do not think they are monsters, I just don't think they are good looking. I also don't generally like dogs with aggression tendencies. And of course their owners are liars, cheaters, manipulators and full on idiots. Ignoring the breed history and breed standard is just as bad as people spreading rumors the breeds are people killers.
I'm also not a fan of Huskies, Malinois, or mastiffs. I like dogs that have a nice look to them. Long haired, and someshort haired or double coated. big or small.

Isn't this a cat breed tho?
At least it would make sense why they would be "really bad as dogs" ?

It is a cat breed, and any self-respection cat would consider it an insult to be "a good dog". Cats and dogs are both great animals, but they are quite different in how they interact with people.

Back