Kitten help

Recently my kitten (f 9 weeks old) (non sexual non romantic partner) has gotten the sneezies and her eyes will not stop running. Should I take her to the vet or do I listen to to my neighbor who says it’ll just go away?

A trip to the VET is never a bad idea if you think something is going on. Could be an allergy or something physical going on. If she is in discomfort, have her checked out.
I came home from work and my newest kittens face was swollen, straight to the vet to find out she was teething.

Sneezy kittens should always be seen by a vet. At minimum a triple snap test should be performed on any kittens during their first vet visit to ensure that the kitten doesn’t have FIV or FeLV which are both life threatening. If negative for both viruses, the kitten may have a upper respiratory infection which is fairly common at that age but still needs antibiotics to treat especially since they are babies and don’t have a very strong immune system. If left untreated in a kitten, URIs can advance to pneumonia and the buildup of discharge in the eye could cause harmful bacterial infections. In the meantime you can provide some slight relief by running a hot shower while the kitten is in the bathroom. The steam will have a nebulizing effect and clear those airways a bit. Best of luck

Back