Jar crime - fave guilty habits

I think I like your dad :)

Me too, but for possibly different reasons. 😆

Children of Depression children would automatically understand the below.
My mother never disposed of milk, even if she had to drink it soured. My S-I-L, also a Furrner, did that too.

My old man would pour it on the ground by our "worm farm" and cover it over night. We'd pick up a couple dozen nightcrawlers before we left on the way to the River

I mix my peanutbutter and jelly in a glass before applying it to the bread and i believe peanut utter is the most viscous, edible thing to exist.. hot water and soap barely fake it off
Sounds like you'd make a prime target for "GooberGrape" - Welches did it for a while - might still be doing it - I haven't paid attention. Peanut butter and grape jelly, squirted into the jar looking just like AquaFresh toothpaste ('cept not the same colors, of course).

Sweet pickles. Got a serious weakness for them. I’d slaughter you in a fight for my grandmothers sweets.

Me too, but for possibly different reasons. 😆

Children of Depression children would automatically understand the below.
My mother never disposed of milk, even if she had to drink it soured. My S-I-L, also a Furrner, did that too.

My old man would pour it on the ground by our "worm farm" and cover it over night. We'd pick up a couple dozen nightcrawlers before we left on the way to the River
For me, I just liked milk too much to ever want to see it going to waste. I will freely admit that step-dad's absolute intolerance for wasted food (If we didn't eat it, either the dogs or the hogs would) reinforced the idea, but I was already enough of a milk fan that his wrath never came down on ME for a not-properly-emptied (into somebody's chowlock) milk glass.

Sounds like you'd make a prime target for "GooberGrape" - Welches did it for a while - might still be doing it - I haven't paid attention. Peanut butter and grape jelly, squirted into the jar looking just like AquaFresh toothpaste ('cept not the same colors, of course).
That is some good stuff but pricy for an ol dirt floor poor boy

For me, I just liked milk too much to ever want to see it going to waste. I will freely admit that step-dad's absolute intolerance for wasted food (If we didn't eat it, either the dogs or the hogs would) reinforced the idea, but I was already enough of a milk fan that his wrath never came down on ME for a not-properly-emptied (into somebody's chowlock) milk glass.
Do you remember having to scrape old school milk out of the glass with a butter knife if it dried? 🥴

When dad was going to bham law school he would stop by a dairy farm and bring home non homogenized milk.. The clumps floating in the top were as delightful as Roquefort dressing 🤤🤤🤤

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea, but I want more of my own control of the jelly. I like a lot of jelly on my PB and J.
I just got a jar of Nutella, and I'm going to be experimenting with mixing it with peanut butter. If I get it right, I will love it, but my horse is so spoiled, he will probably turn his nose up at it. It's okay, I will still have his regular peanut butter for him. Creamy, only.

Sounds like a great idea, but I want more of my own control of the jelly. I like a lot of jelly on my PB and J.
I just got a jar of Nutella, and I'm going to be experimenting with mixing it with peanut butter. If I get it right, I will love it, but my horse is so spoiled, he will probably turn his nose up at it. It's okay, I will still have his regular peanut butter for him. Creamy, only.
Scoop the jelly first because if u go into the jelly jar with peanut butter on the spoon it'll make a mess 😁

You aughta quit spoiling that little thing 🐎

Scoop the jelly first because if u go into the jelly jar with peanut butter on the spoon it'll make a mess 😁

NO! Jelly NEVER goes on first! NOT EVER! Peanut butter must always go on first! ALWAYS!
Plus, I don't put jelly on anything else, so peanut butter in my jelly jar is fine.

It's a little too late to stop spoiling my horse. The point at which I should have stopped that is long passed.

Lol....yep....I think THAT hoss snuggled into that stall and is gonna stay awhile....peanutbutter n Jelly between omaline and oats....y'all think he wants anything else....he'll holler for Stall Service <Grinnnn>

NO! Jelly NEVER goes on first! NOT EVER! Peanut butter must always go on first! ALWAYS!
Plus, I don't put jelly on anything else, so peanut butter in my jelly jar is fine.

It's a little too late to stop spoiling my horse. The point at which I should have stopped that is long passed.
I put my jelly and peanutbutter into a glass and stirring it up! You apply it like butter??😆

Keep treating him like a king! He deserves it

Lol....yep....I think THAT hoss snuggled into that stall and is gonna stay awhile....peanutbutter n Jelly between omaline and oats....y'all think he wants anything else....he'll holler for Stall Service <Grinnnn>
ROFLOLING!!

I put my jelly and peanutbutter into a glass and stirring it up! You apply it like butter??😆

Keep treating him like a king! He deserves it
ACK! That sounds ICKY! There's a time for logical foods to mix, and when they should not!

"Rex" - King, ruler, monarch.

ACK! That sounds ICKY! There's a time for logical foods to mix, and when they should not!

"Rex" - King, ruler, monarch.
That is reminisce of my dirt floor poor roots. Depression Era peantubutter brittle and ot to mention AC before I was 13, what's that?? 😆

Back