Jar crime - fave guilty habits

gnikiv

Zooville Settler
What’s you favourite food to eat straight from a jar and put it back in the cupboard?
Do you own up?

I'm a spook about such things. Once opened, I refrigerate it even if its not necessarily in need. Having spent most of my career chasing pests, I can say its not much fun discovering cigarette beetles in your red and cayenne pepper, almond moths in the nut can, etc.

Do you fridge jam? Tomato sauce?
I knew someone who did not fridge jam, and it was fine over a three day period that I know of.
Tomato sauce? You HAVE to fridge that right after you make it. Unused, still in a jar, fridge it, and most labels say it's only good for two weeks.

I'm a spook about such things. Once opened, I refrigerate it even if its not necessarily in need. Having spent most of my career chasing pests, I can say its not much fun discovering cigarette beetles in your red and cayenne pepper, almond moths in the nut can, etc.
It never hurts to refrigerate anything, and those are, indeed, very good reasons.

Gotta admit, there is seldom anything left of my favorite snacks lol.

Ice cream for me. Like Saddle, everything else goes in the fridge once opened. But I have a habit of eating my ice cream from the tub, putting it back when I am done. Who needs to dirty a bowl?
That is fucking disgusting!
It’s only ok if the tub is just for you, but otherwise that’s just nasty.

That is fucking disgusting!
It’s only ok if the tub is just for you, but otherwise that’s just nasty.
Do you REALLY believe that if he was sick, or had germs from some ailment and lived with someone else, he would REALLY do that?!?!
THINK before you refer to someone, or something they do, as "disgusting" or "nasty."

Ice cream for me. Like Saddle, everything else goes in the fridge once opened. But I have a habit of eating my ice cream from the tub, putting it back when I am done. Who needs to dirty a bowl?
Just like you, I LOVE eating ice cream in the tub!
Oh...wait...that's not really what you said, is it...
I'm with you. When I open my freezer for ice cream, I have my spoon in hand and at the ready.

Nearly all my peanut butter is eaten with a spoon. Not by the spoonful, but by the lick.
I'm not joking when I tell you this:
I get a lick, my horse gets a lick, I get a lick, he gets a lick, and on it goes. He could lick an entire spoonful with one swipe of his tongue, so for his licks, I put no more on the spoon than I want him to have in one lick. He doesn't like seeing the lid go back on the jar. If I try to give him a carrot after that, he sniffs it first, checking for peanut butter. No peanut butter on it? He won't take it.

Nearly all my peanut butter is eaten with a spoon. Not by the spoonful, but by the lick.
I'm not joking when I tell you this:
I get a lick, my horse gets a lick, I get a lick, he gets a lick, and on it goes. He could lick an entire spoonful with one swipe of his tongue, so for his licks, I put no more on the spoon than I want him to have in one lick. He doesn't like seeing the lid go back on the jar. If I try to give him a carrot after that, he sniffs it first, checking for peanut butter. No peanut butter on it? He won't take it.
I medicate all my horses and dogs like that. Or rolled up in bread. My horses love pb in a bread roll

😄
All of the gallons of milk in my house have been thoroughly mouthed 🥴
Yep. Unless it's being poured over cereal or similar, milk goes direct from jug to belly for me. I've never found a glass/cup/other container that's the right size - either they're too damned small to hold enough and you gotta refill umpteen times, or they're so big that they don't get finished, which is an unforgivable waste. Straight out of the jug is always "just the right amount".

Yep. Unless it's being poured over cereal or similar, milk goes direct from jug to belly for me. I've never found a glass/cup/other container that's the right size - either they're too damned small to hold enough and you gotta refill umpteen times, or they're so big that they don't get finished, which is an unforgivable waste. Straight out of the jug is always "just the right amount".
My Dad forbade milk to EVER be poured out into the sink. Today, I can never do that to any glass of milk I can't finish. Not even a little. It's just fine, sitting in the fridge until next time, or poured back in the jug.

My Dad forbade milk to EVER be poured out into the sink. Today, I can never do that to any glass of milk I can't finish. Not even a little. It's just fine, sitting in the fridge until next time, or poured back in the jug.
I think I like your dad :)

Nope - I hate the greasy feel peanut butter leaves on my fingers if I dip it out that way, so I always use a spoon :)
I mix my peanutbutter and jelly in a glass before applying it to the bread and i believe peanut utter is the most viscous, edible thing to exist.. hot water and soap barely fake it off

Yep...even when ya got a kitchen bitch to do the dirties, why add an extra step to a process?

We were thoroughly blasted if the trash got the left overs instead of the doggies.. I scold the house now if our scraps aren't fed to the mongarals!

I mix my peanutbutter and jelly in a glass before applying it to the bread and i believe peanut utter is the most viscous, edible thing to exist.. hot water and soap barely fake it off
Exactly my point. About the only thing that'll take it off "proper" is gasoline or GOJO/GOJO clone - for some brands of PB, maybe BOTH.

Back