I'd like to see how the dog's sperm behaves when it meets my ovaries under a microscope.

Well, then....you'll just have to chalk it up to what info I picked up 20 years ago, when an in-law in upstate NY contracted and passed from BSE. The docs never did figure out how he got it. That'll teach me to stay more current on obscure diseases in Oceania. The Net is useful....I suppose I probably should take advantage of it ONCE in awhile.

<heh> That damned ol' 'net... :)

Back in the mid-oughts, the newest BSE/CJS info I've bothered to keep up on, the best anybody could say was that BSE "migrates" to people by way of consuming infected nerve tissue, specifically, nerve tissue in close physical proximity to the brain/spinal cord. Last I was paying attention, there was some retraining going on for butchers that aimed at minimizing the chance of letting such tissue get into the food supply. Used to be when you wanted to do beef ribs, you could get a full rack that included the vertebrae. Since the outbreak back in the early oughts, you can't get 'em that way anymore - anything directly connected to the spine is verboten, or so I understand. Your local custom butcher MIGHT do it for you on special request, but these days, they've probably been trained/fined out of it. Last I knew, word had come down from the FDA that for any large scale packer, anything closer than 2 inches from the spine is to be considered contaminated/unfit for human consumption, and disposed of accordingly. Chucking it into the grinder is NOT a legal option anymore.

Dog sperm would probably instantly react negatively and just become inert, but what about monkey/ape sperm?

We're way more genetically similar to monkeys over dogs, so it'd be interesting to see how the two sperm cells would react and compare the results. I imagine both cells would still just react negatively, but I wonder if there would be a time difference between the two from realising they can't do anything.

Somebody touched on that somewhere else here on zooville. Not sure where the thread is, but if you go hunting, you'll likely be able to find it.

Nutshell version: Soviet-era experimentation on EXACTLY that was done in an effort to make "super soldiers". And the failure rate was reported (Truthfully? Who can say for sure? - we're talking about Soviet Russia, but I'm VERY strongly inclined to believe it) to be 100%.

Dog sperm would probably instantly react negatively and just become inert, but what about monkey/ape sperm?

We're way more genetically similar to monkeys over dogs, so it'd be interesting to see how the two sperm cells would react and compare the results. I imagine both cells would still just react negatively, but I wonder if there would be a time difference between the two from realising they can't do anything.

take a look....Mother(Nature) really knows best...

Somebody touched on that somewhere else here on zooville. Not sure where the thread is, but if you go hunting, you'll likely be able to find it.

Nutshell version: Soviet-era experimentation on EXACTLY that was done in an effort to make "super soldiers". And the failure rate was reported (Truthfully? Who can say for sure? - we're talking about Soviet Russia, but I'm VERY strongly inclined to believe it) to be 100%.
Unless that's Putin's genetic background
( not that I do phrenology, but I wonder what he'd look like with complete Facial hair...Denisovan or Neanderthal? ), the failure rate was complete.

<heh> That damned ol' 'net... :)

Back in the mid-oughts, the newest BSE/CJS info I've bothered to keep up on, the best anybody could say was that BSE "migrates" to people by way of consuming infected nerve tissue, specifically, nerve tissue in close physical proximity to the brain/spinal cord. Last I was paying attention, there was some retraining going on for butchers that aimed at minimizing the chance of letting such tissue get into the food supply. Used to be when you wanted to do beef ribs, you could get a full rack that included the vertebrae. Since the outbreak back in the early oughts, you can't get 'em that way anymore - anything directly connected to the spine is verboten, or so I understand. Your local custom butcher MIGHT do it for you on special request, but these days, they've probably been trained/fined out of it. Last I knew, word had come down from the FDA that for any large scale packer, anything closer than 2 inches from the spine is to be considered contaminated/unfit for human consumption, and disposed of accordingly. Chucking it into the grinder is NOT a legal option anymore.
One thing I'm led to wonder about regarding the meat-cutting trade is this...if the spinal tissue is problematic, and I don't doubt it.....where does that leave Oxtails? In the Far West, basque cookery is very popular, and one of the BEST dishes they make is Oxtail stew. Most Basque Restaurants serve it at least once a week( if youve never been, do so....its an amazing evening) and tails are basically all spine. There's a good butchery here in town where I shop for special occasions....I'll ask next time I get in.

One thing I'm led to wonder about regarding the meat-cutting trade is this...if the spinal tissue is problematic, and I don't doubt it.....where does that leave Oxtails? In the Far West, basque cookery is very popular, and one of the BEST dishes they make is Oxtail stew. Most Basque Restaurants serve it at least once a week( if youve never been, do so....its an amazing evening) and tails are basically all spine. There's a good butchery here in town where I shop for special occasions....I'll ask next time I get in.
Good question. Answer from me: dunno. Only time I ever had ox tail was a one-shot, years upon years ago during a "foods of the world" week in the school lunchroom. It was edible, but to me, nothing to write home about, and I've never had it again.

Good question. Answer from me: dunno. Only time I ever had ox tail was a one-shot, years upon years ago during a "foods of the world" week in the school lunchroom. It was edible, but to me, nothing to write home about, and I've never had it again.
Come to Reno...there's this joint on 4th street.....;)

it would be curious and even more exciting if someone who is in possession of a small camera could record what happens inside the uterus during the filling phase with a dog.
even better if it were possible to see how long the human cell lasts after being fertilized by the dog.
What do you think about it?
click on the link to see the reference video about the pregnancy experience👇

A Slovenian artist has been fertilised by her dog for an award-winning art project.

Artist Maja Smrekar had her eggs artificially fertilised by cells from her pet dog Byron.

The work of art is part of a series of works by Smrekar to celebrate the relationship and bond between humans and dogs.

Her eggs were fertilised with somatic (non-reproductive) cells from Byron, her Scottish Border Collie.

Somatic cells are non-sexual cells so the material used was not sperm. The process used was not fully explained.

According to the Ars Electronica website, "the result is a hybrid cell, inherent in which is a dystopian scenario but which could create a new species whose chances of survival on Planet Earth are better than ours".

The artist also reportedly breast-fed an Icelandic Sheepdog called Ada after going on a special lactation-enhancing diet, as part of her project.

She also provided serotonin, a tissue hormone from her own body and from her dog Byron for chemists to use to make a special human-dog fragrance, called I Hunt Nature and Culture Hunts Me.

Her project, entitled K-9_topology, took the Golden Nica for Hybrid Art in the Prix Ars Electronica.

"K-9_topology is a true hybrid artwork with a profound bio-political message and is certain to bring a lot of discussion to the audience from both the art and science sides," the jury said in a statement.

:husky_love:

it would be curious and even more exciting if someone who is in possession of a small camera could record what happens inside the uterus during the filling phase with a dog.
even better if it were possible to see how long the human cell lasts after being fertilized by the dog.

Aside from the fact that his semen would never reach your "ovaries" like you said in the title... which makes me question your knowledge of the female reproductive organs and how they work... I did a write up in as much detail as I can find on the topic.

There's no way to know what will happen, but my guess is nothing. Protein differences that exist between Humans and dogs will most likely prevent the acrosomal reaction in the zona pellucida. Since the human oocyte can't be fertilized by a dog, it will last as long as it always lasts before perishing due to not being fertilized by a human spermatozoa.

I guess I don't really care what it looks like, but I do love the way it feels while it's getting there ;)

I thought the below maybe interesting for a few.

“Human eggs use chemical signals to attract sperm. New research from Stockholm University, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust and The University of Manchester shows that eggs use these chemical signals to “choose” sperm. Different women's eggs attract different men's sperm – and not necessarily their partners”

Her egg biology will be “choosing” and not the her.

I imagine they’d will bark at them?

Back