I wanted to quit this fetish, but I can't!

JessiaJ

Tourist
I thought I could wrap things up, forget about it all and just not look back. But I can't.

I felt it was wrong, embarrassed of this fetish and at the same time I wanted it so bad. I decided to live a life where Zoo life isn't part of me. But nothing turns me on more than this.

I feel this fetish has been part of me and it'll not go away anymore.

What should I do? 😔

I thought I could wrap things up, forget about it all and just not look back. But I can't.

I felt it was wrong, embarrassed of this fetish and at the same time I wanted it so bad. I decided to live a life where Zoo life isn't part of me. But nothing turns me on more than this.

What should I do? 😔
I think you need to embrace it as best you can. It's not going away... believe me. X

What should I do? 😔
You're not alone, it happened to many people because at the beginning you're a little embarrassed to admit that you like it.
And if you allow it to be a part of you, you will enjoy it much more.
The sex gets better and you can be happy that you got to know and love this great way 😊

I felt the same way. Till I had excepted it. this will always be a part of me because of my love for animals. Just keep it secret in the public audience of course.. speaking here is the place to do so because we all share a good understanding for one another.

At the very least, try to not hate yourself for it. I hated myself for years when I realized I'm gay. Having a homophobic family can do a number on you. I think it's hard for people to be fine with being zoo because of the stigma. Because of society. It's not fair to you to hate yourself. I can't offer much in the way of advice except for this: try to understand, and I mean truly understand, that there is nothing wrong with you. It will take time to figure out who you are. Just try to accept yourself no matter who you come to be.

If it's something that you actually want to rid yourself of, then I'd say to seek therapy. Therapists have almost 100% confidentiality and can only share what you talk about if you mention having a plan to hurt or kill another person, and they can only tell that person. So that's someone you could talk to about your history with this fetish without any fear of legal action, and they would try to help you rewire your brain to not be into this. If you want to keep doing this, then just keep on. This is a community where you can be open about it and we all feel the same. You could always go from one to the other, and neither would judge you for it.

What should I do? 😔
From experience hiding your true self and feelings #1 never works, #2 will lead you to sadness and resentment, #isnt healthy. Embrace yourself and those who love you will embrace you

I completely understand how you feel, since there were periods of time over the years growing up that I felt the exact same. I was ashamed due to all the stigma, afraid of what others would think of me, thought something was 'wrong' with me. I tried a number of times to walk away from the desire I had, but I always came back. I've reached a point now though where I just embrace it like I do with my sexuality in general (pansexual). The difference of course is that I'll never feel comfortable discussing my zoo interests outside of this forum/people in the know, for obvious reasons. That aside, I'm not ashamed anymore generally speaking and I enjoy the community here. I absolutely love animals and being with them brings me joy.

My advice, like others here have stated before me, is don't be ashamed of who you are, since there's nothing wrong with you. There's no such thing as normal in this world, after all, so be uniquely you.

It seems there isn't much research out there, but as far as I've been able to determine, the only way to quit having an interest in something is to turn away and never look back. Then find something else fun to do instead that doesn't give you inner conflicts. It won't be a quick fix by any means, but eventually the interest will very slowly diminish (sort of like how forgetfulness works) if you stop reinforcing the neural connections.

We've all been there but it will never go away.

Accept yourself the way you are and understand that your sexuality doesn't ultimately define you as a person.
Enjoy whatever your heart desires and don't let anyone tell you that you are a freak or something like that 🙂

I finally got to the point where I said I am who I am. …this is me and I am made the way I am made. I have accepted myself and I’m not hurting anyone else with my desires….it’s all ok!!

You're not alone, it happened to many people because at the beginning you're a little embarrassed to admit that you like it.
And if you allow it to be a part of you, you will enjoy it much more.
The sex gets better and you can be happy that you got to know and love this great way 😊
Thanks love! I needed this. I was beginning to feel like am I the only one that's going through this awful thought.

I'm trying to explore my chances more to see where it brings me.

I felt the same way. Till I had excepted it. this will always be a part of me because of my love for animals. Just keep it secret in the public audience of course.. speaking here is the place to do so because we all share a good understanding for one another.
I'm really glad you took it in a great way. I've been trying to work this out. I hope I could.

At the very least, try to not hate yourself for it. I hated myself for years when I realized I'm gay. Having a homophobic family can do a number on you. I think it's hard for people to be fine with being zoo because of the stigma. Because of society. It's not fair to you to hate yourself. I can't offer much in the way of advice except for this: try to understand, and I mean truly understand, that there is nothing wrong with you. It will take time to figure out who you are. Just try to accept yourself no matter who you come to be.
Awww, it must been hard for you too. And I'm sure it wasn't easy to accept everything that's happening around you too I guess?

Everytime I try to accept this, I feel like religious factors blocks it. What should I do hmm

I completely understand how you feel, since there were periods of time over the years growing up that I felt the exact same. I was ashamed due to all the stigma, afraid of what others would think of me, thought something was 'wrong' with me. I tried a number of times to walk away from the desire I had, but I always came back. I've reached a point now though where I just embrace it like I do with my sexuality in general (pansexual). The difference of course is that I'll never feel comfortable discussing my zoo interests outside of this forum/people in the know, for obvious reasons. That aside, I'm not ashamed anymore generally speaking and I enjoy the community here. I absolutely love animals and being with them brings me joy.

My advice, like others here have stated before me, is don't be ashamed of who you are, since there's nothing wrong with you. There's no such thing as normal in this world, after all, so be uniquely you.
You had your journey too.

I wish I was as strong as you to just accept this in the soonest time.

The joy is just unexplainable, but I'm trying to get the negative thoughts out of the way. Any advice? Like should I do it often so I get used to this lifestyle?

We've all been there but it will never go away.

Accept yourself the way you are and understand that your sexuality doesn't ultimately define you as a person.
Enjoy whatever your heart desires and don't let anyone tell you that you are a freak or something like that 🙂
I'll take this close to my heart.

I am someone who loves animals. But at the same time, I go to extra miles just to be able to satisfy them and not just myself.

Tho I love it and makes a freakishly horny, but the love to this lifestyle is kinda contradicting.

Back