Zooier Than Thou has started a fundraiser to help a dog that was shot in the spine by a criminal who has faced no consequences. The good news is that there's hope for her to walk again. The bad news is that it will be expensive to get to that point.

Please, please consider making an anonymous donation at helpsavemy.dog

All proceeds will be used for the surgery and for physical therapy thereafter. Any small amount helps!

This is what zoos do: we help animals in need. Please help us set an example for the rest of the world to follow and help an animal in the process!

helpsavemy.dog

(for some reason, the link doesn't work if you click it, but if you simply copy the URL and paste it, it works fine.)

Last edited:
Before you throw money at a problem, you'd be better advised to check the problem out. The last Time I donated to such a worthy cause, I got a bill for 600 bucks worth of stereo gear from a department store I'd never been in. In this case, I'd want the clinic name doing the treatment( with a phone number), the police department which took the report and the report number ( THAT phone number, I'd look up....it should be public ). I'd also check with the local ASPCA chapter to confirm what you"re being told. Sorry to be a downer, but REALITY Check....in cases like this we're an easy target.

Just checked...the link timed out. I'd be very suspicious of this one, until you can get some kind of confirmation that it happened.

The site seems to load now. I believe that was something on Fundly's end. The domain is just redirecting to Fundly. This may have been in a small town, so no media outlet is going to waste their time on a town they don't give a shit about.

The last Time I donated to such a worthy cause, I got a bill for 600 bucks worth of stereo gear from a department store I'd never been in.
You sure it wasn't a coincidence your information was used in the same week you made a donation? I haven't gotten anything or seen any suspicious transactions when I donated there.

It wasn't Fundly. Some other outfit, though it WAS a so-called fellow Zoo, and an Animal-related cause. I don't believe in coincidences Fortunately, my bank spotted it, because I wouldn't have.
To be clear, I was not pointing a specific finger at Fundly, ( whom I've never heard of), merely relating what should have sounded like good advice. If I appear to sound too cynical, that isn't on me. ANY time anyone donates more than a small amount of money to ANY cause, they should check out that cause before they give up the goods. The world is what it is.

Before you throw money at a problem, you'd be better advised to check the problem out. The last Time I donated to such a worthy cause, I got a bill for 600 bucks worth of stereo gear from a department store I'd never been in. In this case, I'd want the clinic name doing the treatment( with a phone number), the police department which took the report and the report number ( THAT phone number, I'd look up....it should be public ). I'd also check with the local ASPCA chapter to confirm what you"re being told. Sorry to be a downer, but REALITY Check....in cases like this we're an easy target.

Just checked...the link timed out. I'd be very suspicious of this one, until you can get some kind of confirmation that it happened.
it's literally our link. We created the fundraiser.

If the link doesn't work, try typing it into your browser. I've had trouble loading it from here, but it comes up fine when typed in.

the reason you cant see it when you click that link, is because that link is https:// when it should be http://

Internet is full of scams, leeches and false fundraisors. There are people who live wealthy by making and setting these up.
Always demand extra info and check facts before donating.

I have to agree with some of the above users. These things are fishy. However on the off chance I donated what I can afford to donate. On the off chance there truly is a dog in need I hope more donate so they can be back to walking and living.

Are you guys really willing to risk letting an animal just suffer like this? Seriously even if everyone on here donated just 20 bucks/half a cars gas tank. That goal will be reached so quick. A innocent animal could lead a much better life.

I have to agree with some of the above users. These things are fishy. However on the off chance I donated what I can afford to donate. On the off chance there truly is a dog in need I hope more donate so they can be back to walking and living.

Are you guys really willing to risk letting an animal just suffer like this? Seriously even if everyone on here donated just 20 bucks/half a cars gas tank. That goal will be reached so quick. A innocent animal could lead a much better life.

Thanks, bud <3 Your reaction is all I could hope for from a zoo <3

I hope I can leverage some of my goodwill in the community to say that, hey, we're sponsoring this, and it doesn't benefit ZooTT to defraud our community.

I've met the dog and owner a couple of months ago. I can vouch that it's legit.

Really incredible people, no? <3

It's mentioning domain parking, so it looks like the site is down. I suppose it was put up on a 1-year basis?

If you're still trying to raise funds, let me know if there's a way I can pay with crypto.

Back