Has anyone ever suffered from Zoonosis?

Ringworm and scabies i think. A few others, just can't remember.
Scabies between humans is regarded a sexual transmitted disease.
But foxes can scratch themselves to death from the intens itching. Dogs can be infected by foxes, and humans can get if from dogs.
I have never heard about scabies from other domestic animals. Anybody know about that ?

I had a rabbit come with scabbies. Could barely control those for months until I shot him some ivermectin and cleared.

I handled him to check and treat and never got to me. Either luck or uncompatible kind. No idea

But foxes can scratch themselves to death from the intens itching. Dogs can be infected by foxes, and humans can get if from dogs.
I have never heard about scabies from other domestic animals. Anybody know about that ?

I got it when I was 10, our gsd Charlie caught it from a stray bitch or bitches and since our family took Charlie everywhere naturally the kids got it. It's just sarcoptic mange. Tiny mites. Doctors just gave us parasitic lotion and soap to kill it. Charlie got dipped and he was good.

My guess -and just a guess- is it needs a certain skin contact, so if it is considered "sexual transmitted" in humans is only because in day to day clothes will stop most of the risk.

In animals, close contact to skin is not usual because there is fur, but can still be a normal thing to happen in animal husbandry, specially when rash has remived the fur, leaving bare skin visible... and we go touch and check it :)

I think this been ask many time before but I see most of the post removed
lets say an infected STI (AIDS, Herpes) person sex with the female canine, and on the next day I also have fun with the same female canine
is it a chances I will get infected?
I remember some of the post before saying that those viruses usually die after few hours inside canine due to different chemistries, body temperatures, and several other factors

I think this been ask many time before but I see most of the post removed
lets say an infected STI (AIDS, Herpes) person sex with the female canine, and on the next day I also have fun with the same female canine
is it a chances I will get infected?
I remember some of the post before saying that those viruses usually die after few hours inside canine due to different chemistries, body temperatures, and several other factors
Take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Any virus/bacteria/parasite that is not able to survive in the host (human infection on dog) will eventually die and be purged.

How much will that last will depend on how hostile (different) conditions are, and also how die hard the thing is. Some virus, bacteria... will "die" on contact, others may encist or resust until right conditions (getting on YOUR body) arise.

I honestly doubt there are many studies that determine the exact time a human infecting agent in a dog is viable to onfect a human. Hence, a day, three days, a week are just goodwill estimations based on generic numbers or how long you'd expect cum or anything else to remain in that oarticular body cavity

No never. suffering depression still from losing an animal or contact with them. thats not something the animal caused.

I’ve gotten a few uti’s but i don’t think it is from any of the animals

Any sort of unprotected sex puts you at risk for a UTI and I do feel like my dog is more of a problem. Forcing myself to go and pee right after helps.

Nothing. Had more trouble and deseases after interactivities with human partners. Had a good active year with my very old pony before she passed away. I frikkn rimmed her weekly, never any troubles.

Its funny how even threads like this, which is here to protect people and animals from unhappy endings, get sidetracked. As Tolstoy said of Happy families, people who haven't had a zoonotic issue are all alike. Those who HAVE are all different.
Its the 'haves' that this thread concerns.

In any case there's a new badguy on this block. A person bitten by an iguana, while vacationing in Costa Rica, and has become the newest of documented Zoonotic transmittal cases. The bite site created an odd lump on her finger...it eventually became painful, but was dismissed as an "it'll go away" sort of injury....we've all had those... nothing to worry about....maybe just a cyst. But when this became uncomfortable enough, A doctor decided a biopsy was in order, and the lump was discovered to be an infection caused by a little thing called mycobacterium marinus....

True to the name, this is usually found in swimmers in the tropics who've scratched themselves in the water. The transmission may simply have been an iguana with a wet face, but research is ongoing. Be aware.

Knowledge is power.

Last edited:
Its funny how even threads like this which is here to protect people and animals from unhappy endings gets sidetracked. As Tolstoy said of Happy families, people who haven't had a zoonotic issue are all alike. Those who HAVE are all different.
Its the 'haves' that this thread concerns.

In any case there's a new badguy on this block. A person bitten by an iguana, while vacationing in Costa Rica, and has become the newest of documented Zoonotic transmittal cases. The bite site created an odd lump on her finger...it eventually became painful, but was dismissed as an "it'll go away" sort of injury....we've all had those... nothing to worry about....maybe just a cyst. But when this became uncomfortable enough, A doctor decided a biopsy was in order, and the lump was discovered to be an infection caused by a little thing called mycobacterium marinus....

True to the name, this is usually found in swimmers in the tropics who've scratched themselves in the water. The transmission may simply have been an iguana with a wet face, but research is ongoing. Be aware.

Knowledge is power.
Brucellosis from cows infecting vets is an occupational hazard.....and Rabies from rabid dogs is causing problems with children in Africa...

By the way...Rabies season will be along shortly....all here should be aware and take some pains to prevent possible contacts with our critters and wild ones. Domestic cats gone feral are often a source of rabies, as well as the usual issue of Raccoons.

Q-fever. Coxiella burneti, infects mammals and can make them abort.
Women is at risk handling the placenta and such from cows.

have a read....https://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/news/sti-day
There is a large number of diseases that humans can contract from animals, and vice versa.
They use the term syphilis when the infection is from a Treponema group of bacteria. And that ‘syphilis’ is common among rats. Among humans the disease is from Treponema Pallidum, but Treponema Minus among rats, Other subgroups cause skin diseases in humans.
So I think that the dangerous human disease Syphilis caused by Treponema Pallidum is strictly human. But is was new to me that gonorrhoea originally is from cattle.
Both I and a likeminded friend of me, has been very active with cows and sows, and still never had any problems.

There is a large number of diseases that humans can contract from animals, and vice versa.
They use the term syphilis when the infection is from a Treponema group of bacteria. And that ‘syphilis’ is common among rats. Among humans the disease is from Treponema Pallidum, but Treponema Minus among rats, Other subgroups cause skin diseases in humans.
So I think that the dangerous human disease Syphilis caused by Treponema Pallidum is strictly human. But is was new to me that gonorrhoea originally is from cattle.
Both I and a likeminded friend of me, has been very active with cows and sows, and still never had any problems.
A) because you and your bud havent had problems, does not mean you will not.
B) Find someone else to yap at....I have one stalker already.

Back