Has anyone else taught their dogs to softly bite them on request?

sunni shiba

Tourist
My lab loves trick training and he loves making me happy.
I've always been really into being bit with human partners. And I've always been insanely attracted to sharp teeth.
I used a clicker and and treats to show him what I liked and he has fun with it. He'll do it without the treats.
Anyone else like nibbles from their animal partner?

My lab loves trick training and he loves making me happy.
I've always been really into being bit with human partners. And I've always been insanely attracted to sharp teeth.
I used a clicker and and treats to show him what I liked and he has fun with it. He'll do it without the treats.
Anyone else like nibbles from their animal partner?
I made love with a boxer while his 70 year old human man watched, and he was a very sensual kisser and ear nibbler. I loved the ear nibbles!

I dont know about training them or requesting them. They do get a little aggressive when playing and horny. Be around any male dog that wants to fuck you, and youll quickly learn that you dont have to train them to "nibble" you.

I find it kind of cute, but the scars are real
My dog will lift his paw in the air and swipe at me if I don't do what he wants :confused:. He likes to aim specifically for the forearm or torso too. I've got week old marks to prove it :ROFLMAO:

Idk about training them ,they usually just do play or love bites on they're own or when they want attention er treats theybite the hand but tbh I've always like my cock & foreskin nibbled to softly bitten ,but not the balls lol

I don't know about 'on command,' but I am teaching her not to bite when she gets over-excited during our wrestling sessions. She's gotten a lot better about it, but when she does bite, it can be pretty strong. I would hate to be bitten by her accidentally. However, she now playfully nibbles during our wrestling sessions

I don't know about 'on command,' but I am teaching her not to bite when she gets over-excited during our wrestling sessions. She's gotten a lot better about it, but when she does bite, it can be pretty strong. I would hate to be bitten by her accidentally. However, she now playfully nibbles during our wrestling sessions
I always teach my dogs to NOT bit or nip me. Currently, I have a Golden Retriever pup and she loves to put EVERYthing in her mouth. When she 1st started to have my hand or finger(s) in her mouth she would clamp down a bit with her teeth. She's a pup, so I understand her need to bite 'n chew. But, when it's any part of my body (right now it's only my hands) I will give her a little thump on the nose if/when her teeth put pressure on my skin. The thump isn't hard, just enough to clearly let her know that this is NOT approved by me. I don't withdraw my hand after the thump because I don't want to discourage her from "mouthing" me. I just want her to be very gentle when doing so.

This has worked quite well, as she now just "holds" my hand with her mouth/teeth. This has worked for many dogs of mine over the decades of my life. 🐕

Just me, but forget the "training". Unfortunately, depending on how much training you've already done, it may be impossible to undo.

I've found through experience that training defeats the purpose.

In other words, training in my experience has put a damper on their own natural curiosity.

What I've found that worked miracles:
1. Treat them as an equal.
2. Mimic their body language and watch their responses. They have very similar body language to that of children. Learn what the various facial expressions and other body language gestures mean. This is actually easier than it sounds. For me, it was simply coming to the realization that I already knew the body language, but like I had forgotten that I knew it.
4. Once you know the body language, speak to them in plain English while using the appropriate body language. Avoid dumbed down baby talk, but it is ok occasionally. Try to get them to look you in the eyes. If they look away, then they're still feeling like they're in a submissive relationship, so ALWAYS be happy when they look you in the eye, even if you're unhappy with something they did.
5. Always encourage their natural curiosity. If they do something for the first time, that would be ok at another time, try to make that first time an ok time. If it's something you never want them to do, just tell them so. Sounds stupid, but I swear this has worked. This will take some repetition, but remember your first response when you tell them "never" the first time, and always use that. They will make the connection at some point.
6. Make every learning experience whether positive or negative, a positive experience for them. Forget the clickers and all that shit. In this way, learning becomes a fun, positive experience for them, and they will drink it up on their own and you'll be spared having to try to "train" something into them.

What you are trying to do here at the very outset is teaching them how to learn from you. If you do this correctly, you'll probably find that you will learn as much from them as they from you.

Just remember the looking you in the eye thing. If they're looking you in the eye, believe me that they're paying attention. If you see a little head cock to the side, they're really trying to process what you're saying. Start small, keeping your language slightly simple in the beginning.

But talk to them ALL the time. Make them a part of your life. Eat with them, sleep with them, get down on the floor with them.

And as for your original question, get down on the floor and PLAY with them!!!!! This is probably THE most important thing, and I cannot stress that enough!

Play with them the way they would play with other dogs, and this means biting!!! Not hard.. Start softly, with quick soft nips.

They will let you know when you're biting just hard enough. For all of mine, that meant increasing how hard I bit until I got a little whine. Expect to get bitten back!! You may have to do this alot. Once they do bite you, if it's too hard, just yipe a little. If it was way too hard, yipe loudly and pull back. If they look down like a little kid in trouble, that's them saying they're sorry. This is where most people fuck up. Anytime you get the sorry look, you need to tell them they're forgiven.

Do this by putting your head beside theirs and giving their nose or face a little lick, or combine with a very light nibble on the nose. Do this until they lick you back.

If they roll onto their backs playfully while doing the biting thing, put your mouth on their neck very lightly, but hard enough that they can feel the pressure.

This one is important as well. Several things are happening here.
1. When they're rolling on their backs, it can be a submission thing, but slightly different when playing. When playing, it's a trust building thing. They're saying that they trust you enough to expose their softest parts. Including their neck.
2. When you put your mouth on their neck, you're acknowledging their action and basically saying that it's ok for you to trust me, see, I'm putting my teeth on your neck but not hurting you.

Likewise you should on occasion roll onto your back the same way they did.

Go back and forth with this. You're really getting somewhere when they put their mouth on your neck. Just make sure before you do this to establish how hard they can bite you.

Just remember. Play play play!! I could go on and on.. one day I'll have to do a full write up on this..

I wonder about the distinction between "training" and "communicating". It could be a bit of a grey area between bribing/manipulating a dog to do something you want (eg. peanut butter bating, or feel-good clicker association) versus telling your dog you like/enjoy something (eg. praise(?)). I'm still new and mindful there's a distinction the users on this forum draw. Either way, sounds like you and your pup are having a nice time together 😊❤️

I wonder about the distinction between "training" and "communicating". It could be a bit of a grey area between bribing/manipulating a dog to do something you want (eg. peanut butter bating, or feel-good clicker association) versus telling your dog you like/enjoy something (eg. praise(?)). I'm still new and mindful there's a distinction the users on this forum draw. Either way, sounds like you and your pup are having a nice time together 😊❤️
I think of it like back when I was a kid. Training equates to being back in school with someone trying to hammer information into me.

Learning occurred when I was interested in something, and did not rely on someone trying to hammer the info in. Rather if the info was presented correctly, I would lap it up with no need to hammer it in.

Back