Handling Sexually Mature Animals

I'm mostly interested in hearing about stallions for this question, however I am also curious about all the other animals as well, male or female. So I open this question to everyone about all animals and their experiences with them. Please feel free to be as detailed and long winded as you need to.

1. I've heard stallions are much more difficult and free spirited then geldings. Will having sex with the animal help you remain in control?

2. Can it give you an edge, like helping to deflect toward a more constructive outlet?

3. What are some examples of how sex with the animal changed that animals relationship with you in ways you did not expect? Positive and negative responses are welcome.

Thank you for any insight!

I have worked with plenty of stallions , riding them, caring for them etc, my expertise was only in stallions at a Friesian Stud, because me and a Friesian stallion connected deeply, but I did occasionally oversee the broodmares when they were due foaling and have to monitor them, they were Norikers, a moderately heavy Austrian Draught breed the owner imported, with the Friesians in between, but I was with other stallions from Thoroughbreds, Clydesdales and Warmbloods, and without any complications. I own a Boerperd stallion and have no issues with him.

Badly socialized and trained stallions can be downright dangerous. They WILL test you and push you, some will just flat out attack you. That being said, when socialized and trained, the ones I have been around are just fine.

I don't think a stallion is going to find his human is enough sex to mellow them out. Instead,, they will get used to sex and start asking forit.

I have worked with plenty of stallions , riding them, caring for them etc, my expertise was only in stallions at a Friesian Stud, because me and a Friesian stallion connected deeply, but I did occasionally oversee the broodmares when they were due foaling and have to monitor them, they were Norikers, a moderately heavy Austrian Draught breed the owner imported, with the Friesians in between, but I was with other stallions from Thoroughbreds, Clydesdales and Warmbloods, and without any complications. I own a Boerperd stallion and have no issues with him.

Did the deep connection form from an early age as in he imprinted onto you?

Badly socialized and trained stallions can be downright dangerous. They WILL test you and push you, some will just flat out attack you. That being said, when socialized and trained, the ones I have been around are just fine.

I don't think a stallion is going to find his human is enough sex to mellow them out. Instead,, they will get used to sex and start asking forit.

Interesting, any tips on redirection or other stimulus that can be provided to help satisfy the stallion?

Thank you for the insight!

My opinion's from my life of experiences and observations:

1. I've heard stallions are much more difficult and free spirited then geldings. Will having sex with the animal help you remain in control?
2. Can it give you an edge, like helping to deflect toward a more constructive outlet?
Stallions and mares require more stimuli than most of their gelding counterparts. Sex should never be approached or thought of as something that will give you an "edge" or control in any relationship. Human or non human. Stallions do get the post sex blues like male humans but it lasts for minutes not days and is not effective in calming him down over a long period of time. Ways i suggest to get "control" are the actual constructive outlets you mentioned working towards. There are tons of recourses out there on equine enrichment. Search for things like emotional horsemanship, reward based training, and liberty training. These will help you and your equine partner gain trust and form a bond in which you can mutually respect one another. Once a relationship and boundaries are formed respective sex will follow.

3. What are some examples of how sex with the animal changed that animals relationship with you in ways you did not expect? Positive and negative responses are welcome.
(note my relationship with my stallion is more of a best friend than lover) We share mares in threesomes and sometimes we have a passionate jerking session or some oral but we don't have actual sex with each other. So the following is more directed towards my mares.
For me the way sex changes a relationship with a horse is similar to how it can change a relationship with any romantic partner. Its tough for me to put up boundaries any longer between human and animals. Everything I feel I can relate to the horse. That being said sex for me intensifies the love I have for that horse. It connects us on a more primal and emotional level. We literally can feel each other from the inside, we are connected. Sex is so special and it should be treated so. Not just something to get off at, something to deeply connect over.

Did the deep connection form from an early age as in he imprinted onto you?
The Friesian stallion was 4 years, he was the first at the Stud, I cared for him for the first 4 years before the Norikers came , our bond became stronger, we connected telepathic , the first stallion in the years when I started earlier working and riding horses , he was also the first stallion I had sex with before he was sold later on ,so I kept working at the Stud until I persued other careers in racing and riding schools , relocating for Anatomy and Veterinary courses

My opinion's from my life of experiences and observations:

Stallions and mares require more stimuli than most of their gelding counterparts. Sex should never be approached or thought of as something that will give you an "edge" or control in any relationship. Human or non human. Stallions do get the post sex blues like male humans but it lasts for minutes not days and is not effective in calming him down over a long period of time. Ways i suggest to get "control" are the actual constructive outlets you mentioned working towards. There are tons of recourses out there on equine enrichment. Search for things like emotional horsemanship, reward based training, and liberty training. These will help you and your equine partner gain trust and form a bond in which you can mutually respect one another. Once a relationship and boundaries are formed respective sex will follow.
Thank you for your perspective on this question, I was brought up to believe that domesticated animals were property to be cherished as a family heirloom, but like that family heirloom, it came with me and was presented the way "I" saw fit. It took me many years to realize this flawed, so forgive my use of the word "control", the animal deserves better then that obsolete thought process. It is something I'm still working on and am getting closer to being ready for what society would call "ownership," but for me will be friendship and maybe have it turn romantic depending on our bond. I will be looking into those resources you mentioned about emotional horsemanship, reward based training, and liberty training. I took a peek at all of these training methods to see what they were about and that sounds like it's right up my alley.

(note my relationship with my stallion is more of a best friend than lover) We share mares in threesomes and sometimes we have a passionate jerking session or some oral but we don't have actual sex with each other. So the following is more directed towards my mares.
For me the way sex changes a relationship with a horse is similar to how it can change a relationship with any romantic partner. Its tough for me to put up boundaries any longer between human and animals. Everything I feel I can relate to the horse. That being said sex for me intensifies the love I have for that horse. It connects us on a more primal and emotional level. We literally can feel each other from the inside, we are connected. Sex is so special and it should be treated so. Not just something to get off at, something to deeply connect over.
I had never really accepted that a emotional bond with an animal could be so similar compared to a human relationship. I shared a bond similar to what your talking about on here with a dog my grandparents had that I picked out as pup at a pet store when I was very young. I remember looking at all the puppies in the store and not knowing which to pick, there were so many to choose from, but when my eyes laid on this adorable dachshund just looking at me with the most absolute intensity I had ever felt from another creature, even to this very day. It felt like our souls were reaching out across the empty space. I knew he was the one to take home to my grandparents house. I picked him up and it was as if destiny itself had chosen us to be together, even if only for small spurts since I didn't live with my grandparents. He was neutered and I never had any physical attraction to him, but when I grew up more and got old enough, we "played" together anyway. I never had to teach that dog anything, he just knew what I wanted by being near me and acted upon it like instinct. Our bond was so strong, that everyone around us would comment on it as well. It was flattering, but made it hard to get away with any fun times. I wouldn't be surprised if that dog imprinted onto me just as I to him. When he died, it felt just as painful when each of my grandparents died. When it came time to chose another, I got to pick them out too, but it wasn't the same. I expected the same bond, but it never happened. Still a lovely dog that I adored greatly though.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. You gave me so much to think about, plus it helped me see my past in a way I had never seen it before. Sometimes you have all the pieces and still can't put it together just right without a little help.

The Friesian stallion was 4 years, he was the first at the Stud, I cared for him for the first 4 years before the Norikers came , our bond became stronger, we connected telepathic , the first stallion in the years when I started earlier working and riding horses , he was also the first stallion I had sex with before he was sold later on ,so I kept working at the Stud until I persued other careers in racing and riding schools , relocating for Anatomy and Veterinary courses

Sounds like a lovely bond you two had, one I'm sure was not easy to move on from either. I hope you still get to see your Friesian stallion, if not, I'm sure he will still remember you. Just as you honor him with your memory.

Back