Get pregnant

Maybe at some point in the future it might be at leat somewhat possible but for currant point ont ime we've only have our hopes and dreams, as well as fantasying about it happening

Can I point out geniticly it's not possible for one
And 2 if we already said its not possible for any animal, what the hell is a horse classed as.
(hint I've mention it already

Has this turned into a joke thread. If so mermaids are the offspring of male dolphins and woman
this was a joke thread from the very beginning
also, don't the typical illustrations of mermaids depict fish scales on their tails? as in the father is probably not a dolphin?

this was a joke thread from the very beginning
also, don't the typical illustrations of mermaids depict fish scales on their tails? as in the father is probably not a dolphin?

So he's obviously talking about Mahi-Mahi - which is sometimes called "Dolphin", even though it has about as much to do with being the "Flipper" type of dolphin as I do with being a rhododendron bush.

Genetics aside, the egg cells have different barriers that let different sperm through, so it wouldn't even merge. This can be done forcibly, I've heard that some human fertility tests are done on hamster egg cells with that barrier removed.

Is it possible to get pregnant by a dog or other Animals? :giggle:
Yes if you do it too frequently nature will find a way, so watch out!
Your puppies will look like their daddy and have your smarts, people wont really notice.
Problem is their beastly nature, they will use the entirety of their superior intellect to turn out girls in the most sneaky ways possible while pretending to be a normal innocent doggy, so don't let them poonhounds near your girlfriends ☝🤨

it wasnt a dumb question... horse and a donkey can repreduce, togather they create a muel, it would be unfrtile and would die childless but 2 animals can create a child if the genetics is close enough
Actually, a female mule can potentially foal, it is just VERY unlikely. The process works by replacing the incompatible chromosomes from the father with just the chromosomes of the mother when swapping the DNA. There has only been a few thoroughly documented cases of this happening, so it's not impossible. Just very unlikely.

However, the chromosomal compatibility with humans versus dogs is just way too incompatible with each other to ever produce any viable offspring. Our linage is just too far separated on an evolutionary timescale. I highly doubt that the "magic" of "CRISPR" would be able to correct for the genetic variations. It just isn't going to happen. Sorry to disappoint anyone wanting to create a line of real life furries.

However, the chromosomal compatibility with humans versus dogs is just way too incompatible with each other to ever produce any viable offspring. Our linage is just too far separated on an evolutionary timescale. I highly doubt that the "magic" of "CRISPR" would be able to correct for the genetic variations. It just isn't going to happen. Sorry to disappoint anyone wanting to create a line of real life furries.

CRISPR targets a very specific piece of code, we would have to do id thousands, millions of times and that's assuming we know what to modify. The best we can achieve is augmented evolution, it would take hundreds of years at least. (estimations based only on some videos about CRISPR, I have not studied biology)

It happens all the time. The two species must be closely related.

Back