General question to those actually in the zoo lifestyle

What do you prefer your animal companion to be referred to as?

• Pet

Votes: 42 22.3%
  • Companion

Votes: 69 36.7%
  • Lover

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • Species (dog, horse, etc)

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Other (please say in comments)

Votes: 18 9.6%

• Total voters
In the time i have bèen owned ! by k9 lovers due to age and accident like all zoo people my lovers have changed sadly we have to accept our lovers will be lost , and if were honest we know that another will take there place

Companions for life and that's about it.

"Lover" and "pet" are human definitions made up for separation of values, unworthy of proud animals.
Value lies in actions, not in human definitions.

Companions for life and that's about it.

"Lover" and "pet" are human definitions made up for separation of values, unworthy of proud animals.
Value lies in actions, not in human definitions.
So your definition of those in a human K9 sexual relationship Is what ? Reading individual accounts often , and i refer only to k9 women what starts out as a Pet often becomes a lover the interaction dynamically changed.
I'm genuinely interested in how you would title the dog and women participants.

I consider them companions or... partners (in crime?)
But for the rest of the world I am perfectly happy if they are refered as "pet" or "my *species*" or just by their name 🤷

No need to preach or anything, and actually I would find quite stressing if random people started asking about "my lover" 😅
Why i said pet...

It all depends on context...

To the general public, I ordinarily describe them by their species.
To those who know them, I describe them by name.
When communicating to these partners, I may use their name or skip symbolic language entirely.
To people with the capability or need to know, I have had three "significant others" (one canine, one human, one asinine) and a number of "partners" in temporary relationships.

I don’t really want anyone to know my sexual activities IRL, let’s say, but they are free to refer to my pets/dogs/animals the way they want

Ours are very much companions rather than pets. "Pet" tends to convey the idea of dependency which, of course, to a degree they are dependent, but we also accept that they have rights and emotions, too. There is nothing wrong with calling your animal friends pets either. I think it is a matter of with what the individual is comfortable and finds acceptable.
Beautiful.

I called my husky things like partner/companion to others before, I've heard other non zoos (I can only assume lol) say the same about their animal before, so I think it works well for the connection we had without it sounding sus to others

For me each horse has there own special name ...when it comes to male dogs I just like to submit and be known as "his" bitch ...my man pussy is his

Back