Favorite breed of dog

I am from the country where this breed is quite common and it have really bad reputation.
This is very serious territorial guard dog with very high aggression level and not very human oriented.
Totally not suitable for flat keeping and I wouldn't recommend it for keeping it as "family dog".
They were breed as wolf-killers for protecting herds and are used in Russia now as yard guarding dogs.

That's fine by me, I own a small farm, I am not a city dweller. and to me it's just another "farm dog" type.
I doubt it's any more complicated than Owning a Male Akita which I have also owned, as well as wolfdogs.

That's fine by me, I own a small farm, I am not a city dweller. and to me it's just another "farm dog" type.
I doubt it's any more complicated than Owning a Male Akita which I have also owned, as well as wolfdogs.
Ah, if you like such hardcore doggies, then it can works for you.
You can also consider Tibetian Mastiff as similar type of breed, possibly they are more common in USA, because they are recognized by FCI and American Kennel Club.
And from hardcore yard guarding breeds with shorter hair https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asian_Shepherd_Dog is also common in Russia. They from Russian breeding are bigger than ones taken directly from Central Asia and looks very sexy.
alabaj-sobaka-s-neverojatnoj-istoriej-animal-reader.-ru.uaalabaj-popoj-k-nam.jpg

As for me, if I'd want big fluffy one, I'd take Saint or Newfie - they are very friendly, cuddly and lovely =)

Last edited:
Any large dog. I've spent most of my time around mutts of mixed heritage as a kid and an adult, but most had either lab, pit, boxer, collie or GSD lineage. My recent dog (that I sadly had to rehome due to moving) was an odd mix of most likely lab with either collie or GSD. Screenshot_20200201-215511~2.png I miss you Grim.

I like almost every common shepherd breed out there. With ''common'' I mean shepherds like German Shepherds, Malinois, Australian Shepherds, Swiss Shepherds and so on....
However I will be ''owning'' two shepherds by the end of the year. Male an female

Goldens will always be my favorite, but Bernese Mountain Dogs and Akitas are right up there.

Drahthaar, Griffon de Korthals X Griffon, Swiss white Sheperds, Boxer, Golden Retriever

She's VERY hard to mount! I'm 6 foot and I have to get in using a chair. Then to actually fuck her you have to crouch very awkwardly. It's exhausting and I find myself humping her for about 20-30 seconds, setting back down on the chair and cooling off, then getting up and humping her again. It's also not very satisfying to fuck her in the chair alone due to the angle. I actually bought a rolled up rug and a beach towel to see if this will allow me to fuck her on my knees. I'm going to try it later on tonight.
Video would be awesome

I have 2 boxer mix now love them both and so many other choices guess I like the shorter hair large breeds if I had a choice although I see some husky’s and they look very sexy as well

Ah, if you like such hardcore doggies, then it can works for you.
You can also consider Tibetian Mastiff as similar type of breed, possibly they are more common in USA, because they are recognized by FCI and American Kennel Club.
And from hardcore yard guarding breeds with shorter hair https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asian_Shepherd_Dog is also common in Russia. They from Russian breeding are bigger than ones taken directly from Central Asia and looks very sexy.
alabaj-sobaka-s-neverojatnoj-istoriej-animal-reader.-ru.uaalabaj-popoj-k-nam.jpg

As for me, if I'd want big fluffy one, I'd take Saint or Newfie - they are very friendly, cuddly and lovely =)

I am one of a fortunate few who works with exotic animals in a Local Safari Park and I have been doing that for the last 6 years, Before That I was working with bears in the State Of Washington.

Now I live in the Middle of the USA, On a farm I purchased using the .COM dollars I earned during Y2K. (Grin)
So things are good for me. the property is only 16 acres (like a small shopping center Area) But, I live alone here, with my animals.

So My "Farm Dogs" get a real education about the Other Animals I work with via Scent.
Unfortunately the Safari Park has it's Own Working dogs, so I cannot bring mine with me ever. the fights would be terrible for everyone involved I am certain.

Here's a few pix so ya get a feel for what I'm on about.
does a Caucasian Sheppard intimidate me? No. not in the slightest. :O)

Attachments

• 20150614_113822_sm.jpg
    20150614_113822_sm.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 0524151058-40.jpg
    0524151058-40.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 0531151033a.jpg
    0531151033a.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 804729403_11345.jpg
    804729403_11345.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 65
  • photo_2018-01-10_15-43-22.jpg
    photo_2018-01-10_15-43-22.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Furpoint-2019-sm.jpg
    Furpoint-2019-sm.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 58
I really like dogs with very short hair but I'm not an expert so I don't know much about breeds... ater googling a bit I found out the breeds I like most are called Redbone Coonhound, Plott, Weimaraner. I guess I'm the only one who likes these most ?

Of my current pure breed experiences, German Shepherds for the win for first followed by...

Siberian Huskies
Malamutes
Wolf Dogs
Great Danes
German Rottweilers
Doberman Pinschers
Saint Bernards.

Aside from that I love most dogs even mixed so long as they're as big as a Siberian Husky minimum, and I'm a sucker for floofiness and pointy triangles :p

German Shepherd seems to be the top breed for a lot of people. Can you give some detail as to why Shepherds are best and better than those other breeds for example that you mention, thanks! :giggle:(y)

Absolutely ^.^ I've found German Shepherds to be an ideal size in both body and assets, sorta like that Goldilocks range where they're just right. For males they're cocks are about the perfect average for being big enough to accommodate for those not looking to handle those extra large breeds (Mastiff's, Danes, ect.) and for females they're always easily accommodating when they come of age for play. Also they can usually be up for sex quite easily and can quickly catch on how to perform quickly. On top of that they're extremely intelligent and loyal dogs and can adapt to a variety of lifestyles (from country homes to apartments) so long as their exercise needs are met daily (not as demanding as a husky and not as lazy as a mastiff) and can be either a one person or family dog. Also they can also come in short to long haired coats depending on your desired level of floofiness and shed upkeep (and an amazing variety of colors, Panda German Shepherd being the most stunning in my opinion)

Thanks for the information, that all does make sense. There is a big GSD shaped void in my life as I've had my heart set on getting one for a while now and I'm just waiting for the right time to do so. :gsd_wink:

Back