Does your lover sleep next to you?

Where Does your lover sleep?

• Total voters
I have considered it, but unfortunately decided against it. The size of the bed/room doesn't leave much space for a ramp or stairs. She'd also probably ignore them like she does her bed on the floor.

She does like climbing on the couch when I'm not home. I'm not sure why; she's welcome up there any time.
Maybe she is not sure she's allowed on the couch, so she thinks she can only get away with it when your not there.

My GSD had a beanbag bed and a padded bed in the lounge as I didn't want him on the couch, but one night while I was watching TV he just climbed up onto the couch, turned around and sat down to watch TV beside me. I just glanced at him and said "Excuse me." He just stepped down again and when back to his own bed beside the couch, which was physically no further away from me than where he had been sitting on the couch, so who knows why some furniture hold more appeal than other furniture. But my guess is they just want to be as close as possible to us and that means being at the same height as us as well.

Fair warning: Many times, sleepeng every single day with you, specially from puppyhoid, can create a severe dependency and have problems if you need to leave them alone. (wimpering, house destruction) or nothing at all. Use with caution.

In my case, he sometimes sleros outsude, others with me, but never on the bed. Wish he did from time to time.

Never told him I was not ok, but... heavy coat. Too hot inside. Sleeps on the floor beside the bed and on the bathroom tiles.

He sleeps cuddled right up against or on me XD sometimes he will get up and move, if hot. But 99% of the time he is pulling covers if me from tossing and turning against me with his big butt!

Attachments

• 20220420_092835~2.jpg
    20220420_092835~2.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 39
Tell me how your sleeping arrangements work and why (optional)?
Yes, she exclusively sleeps in bed with me each night as I patiently wait for her to fully mature so we can consummate our relationship. In the meantime, cuddles and kisses are the norm.

The "why?" Like others have stated elsewhere, I limit having sex with whatever dog I have, to the bedroom. This eliminates problems in the rest of the house when guests come over. Plus, this has the added benefit of being able to have spontaneous sex in bed withOUT having to go looking for her. 🐕

All my former canine companions had allowance to sleep in the same place with me, this wont change in the future. Doesn't matter if Bed, Couch or the floor. Who am I to decide if my so called 'pack' wants to share their warmth with me and vice versa? Only accessibility is of my concern everytime, since Beds tend to by quite high. Depending on dog breed, and possibly the issues what comes with them with age. (example: german shepherds with their hips).

No, but that goes for human lovers as well. Just one of my weird OCD things, I can sleep with anything warm be it human or animal tight up against me. Lol! I think I've offended a few boyfriends that have wanted to cuddle or sleep while spooning, as soon as I'm ready to go to sleep, I'm like, "Ok, cuddly times over. Get to your side of the bed, WAY over on your side."

They sleep where they like. They (dogs & cats) have a whole room which is turned into a snug for them.

Moose Lee R on the sofa & in the snug.

Attachments

• 0302-153.jpg
    0302-153.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240302_021144.jpg
    20240302_021144.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: K9D
He sleeps in my bed with me. Even without the intimate portion of our relationship, I like having his presence near me at night and I find comfort in it.

He has a pretty expensive dog bed and I don’t think he has ever used it lol

Back