Does your lover sleep next to you?

Where Does your lover sleep?

• Total voters
Lucky creatures... I sleep on my dog bed im a weirdo sleeping next to her in her doggie bed.
I don't find it odd, my girl is huge and has her own bed in the hall for when she doesn't want to sleep in bed with me, I could and have shared her bed just because I can or when my back is bothering me and my bed is too soft.

Weird is getting on your mare backwards and going to sleep while using her rump as a pillow and her back as a bed ? ❤

I don't find it odd, my girl is huge and has her own bed in the hall for when she doesn't want to sleep in bed with me, I could and have shared her bed just because I can or when my back is bothering me and my bed is too soft.

Weird is getting on your mare backwards and going to sleep while using her rump as a pillow and her back as a bed ? ❤
I adore that

My dog has his own dog bed as an option, but he prefers almost always to sleep in our common bed. ?

My dog sleeps everywhere across the room, but often I wake up to a fluffy butt next to my face.
He doesn't have a dog bed anymore, since the cat pees on his bed and blankets every time I clean them up (my old male cat hates my dog, that's how he expresses it. There are no fights between them).
I will get my dogs proper beds as soon as

a) I find a way to effectively keep out the cat out of my room (I always forget to close the door)
b) the cat wanders over the rainbow bridge

IMG_20200420_130922_993.jpg

I say next to me but what i really mean is on top of me in the most uncomfortable position possible
So either your lover is a cat or you have learnt to sleep based on your dogs wishes.
I have quite literally been pushed out of bed before by a rottweiler who just kept taking more and more of the mattress until I was on the floor. however I dragged the doona with me and he end up on the floor too, so we called it even. :gsd_happysmile:

Multiple dog beds are the key, one in every room we spend time, that way we can always be close while both getting a good nights sleep. I have had dogs in my bed before, but paws to face or just over heating and waking up with a head ache are not the best and GSD's aren't exactly the smallest of dogs around.

However, I admit it's a double standard since he isn't allowed on my bed but I often curl up on the floor on his bed regularly for some snuggle time. In the lounge he has a padded bed and a dog beanbag bed. So he can choose what comfort level he wants at the time.

When I'm alone at home, my two males sleep with me. But one of them gets too hot easily and generally wakes up on the floor. The other likes to lie on his back and is happy farting at my face ?. Anyway, nothing better than falling asleep with my hands holding their sheaths or balls , having one big dog by each side of me (since covid started they are sleeping outside, sadly).

When I'm alone at home, my two males sleep with me. But one of them gets too hot easily and generally wakes up on the floor. The other likes to lie on his back and is happy farting at my face ?. Anyway, nothing better than falling asleep with my hands holding their sheaths or balls , having one big dog by each side of me (since covid started they are sleeping outside, sadly).
Why has Covid effected things, the last I heard Dogs can't get covid-19 .

Why has Covid effected things, the last I heard Dogs can't get covid-19 .

Oh no, nothing to do with that. Since covid started my elder parents moved with me to be isolated, so no proper dog sex for me since then (only quickies).

Oh no, nothing to do with that. Since covid started my elder parents moved with me to be isolated, so no proper dog sex for me since then (only quickies).
Ah I see, family can be a pain at times.
Due to my twisted brain I just envisaged the Flintstones where Dino gets put outside just to get back in and puts fred out for the night. I don't suppose you could put your parents out and keep the dogs in. :gsd_grin:

So that probably isn't an option, maybe upgrade the dog house out side to accomodate a 2 legged guest. :gsd_wink:

Hopefully the virus will finish soon and you can go back to normal again.

My four-legged lover is my horse. Kind of a bed hog and takes most of the covers, so my bed doesn't work for him.
He sometimes sleeps lying down for short periods of time...just a few hours at the most, and I have lied down beside him on the floor, snuggled against him. I don't sleep like that, however. If he starts to get up, I want to be able to roll away from him and give him plenty of space to stand up. He could accidentally step on me when doing so.

My and my mate usually either sleep right next to each other ( me big spoon, her little spoon), I’ll sleep on my back and she will put her head on my chest, or we will sleep face to face. Sometimes if it gets hot in my room she will go lay at the end of the bed and sleep on my legs.

She used to sleep with me, but she's getting up there in years and has a hard time getting down from the bed.

So I have a very comfortable place next to the bed that she likes to ignore.

She used to sleep with me, but she's getting up there in years and has a hard time getting down from the bed.

Awww it's very upsetting when age does that to them.

Do you have space for some big steps or a ramp next to the bed so she can get up or down.
This made me laugh, I know exactly what you mean. You go to a lot of trouble to find a nice solution to the problem at her level and she just says thanks, but no thanks.

Do you have space for some big steps or a ramp next to the bed so she can get up or down.
I have considered it, but unfortunately decided against it. The size of the bed/room doesn't leave much space for a ramp or stairs. She'd also probably ignore them like she does her bed on the floor.

She does like climbing on the couch when I'm not home. I'm not sure why; she's welcome up there any time.

Back