Do you love your lovers more than your family?

Pillar

Prized Citizen of ZV
BANNED USER
You know, I just have to get this out there. Why do so many people say, "you have to love your mom/dad more than your lovers," or "If you love your partner then you'd love them more than your parents...," and all kinds of crap like that. My question is, "Why? Why act like it's a competition?"

Perhaps there is something I'm missing here? Perhaps I am ignorant or something? Please help out with this burning question of mine, I'm sure there's a few other asking themselves the same damn thing.

My lovers are my family haha.. Not like that.
Un-Giggidy.

My animals are my family. My dogs usually sleep on my bed and I sometimes get the couch.

My animals eat before I do 90% of the time.

My dogs eat better than most humans, I would wager. I treat them with love and respect and they return it in kind.

My dogs will not leave my front unfenced yard(city house). I don't usually ever have to ask or tell them anything more than one time
Unless there is company over. Then the boxer comes out for 5 or 10 min then they calm down.

I love my animals more than some family but no less than any family member cause they are one in my eyes.

Further more, edit: some my family like most.. Are fucked in the head so i love my lovers(animals) more than some family cause of their actions

Hell I love my zoo friends more than some of my family!

It's not a competition. I love my girl. My family can fuck off in the least sexual way possible. Blood's thicker than water.

I agree with what ZTHorse says, in my language there are many nuances to say Love,
notwithstanding the disgusting that they pull on me (especially in the last year) I still love my family, but I also love my mare, I'm not exactly on the same level, but almost, they only have a different "nuance".

Back