Do ya Shave yer Genital Area?

do you shave or otherwise use a chemical depilatory?

• Yes

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Never

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trimmed really short with a travel shaver and tiny wedge, tried going bald but hated the stubble after a few days.
aww im sorry you hated the stubble. I totally understand tho. It can be a pain but i just love the smoothness at least for the day or so before the stubble comes back. I have never tried laser. Maybe someday. :)

I've shaved it, waxed it, used creams, clippers, platted it, braided it and god help me, let it grow to it's full potential. Usually I just run a razor over it in the shower now and no stubble itchiness :)

I've shaved it, waxed it, used creams, clippers, platted it, braided it and god help me, let it grow to it's full potential. Usually I just run a razor over it in the shower now and no stubble itchiness :)
hehe its cool how you've tried soooo many things! I do that a lot too tho... use the razor in the shower and no itchyness. (y)
:)

It looks like the polls has closed awhile back. I would have selected "No." But now I'm considering it. For the longest time, my pubes were naturally quite short, but it seems like the older I get, the longer they get. It might be time to start trimming.

Yes I do but I don't completely shave I like to keep it trimmed. Although every couple months or so I do do a complete shave.

Shaved. Didn't understand why kids were so obsessed with getting pubic hair. I preferred being bald. Gonna get lasering in a few weeks to have it permanently bald.

I Manscape to make things easier if I’m lucky enough to have someone’s mouth down there lol. Never bald though. Did that in high school and regretted it about 2 days later when it started to grow back.

I keep it clean and tidy, but not bald like a child. That’s shit’s grimy (to me). It seems like infantilizing women (I understand some men do it too) and I just don’t find it attractive.

I keep it clean and tidy, but not bald like a child. That’s shit’s grimy (to me). It seems like infantilizing women (I understand some men do it too) and I just don’t find it attractive.
I feel you, and everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I think the "infantalization" idea is a little extreme in today's culture. We don't call out men for shaving their face, or their head (or their chest, or their back). We don't call out women for removing other body hair. Heck, there's a huge industry around removing hair (no matter where it is), and one adding hair (esp for someone who wants it but doesn't have it). The thing is, hair can be a nuisance, and however people want to keep it should be fine. A great many young people (especially women) keep their genitals as bare as possible (and, let's face is, as bare as practical). Some people like it. Some people prefer the opposite, and like it as natural as possible (of course, there's also a corner of the world that goes to extremes, but that's a different kink). And the irony that some of our favorite playmates have fur or a coat shouldn't be lost here. Just wanna make sure we're not kink shaming anyone just because they like to keep themselves smooth.

All kidding aside, I just feel that it is the right thing to do (trim). It is a bit like mowing the grass or trimming the hedges; it just looks and feels nicer and I would hope that any partner I were lucky enough to be with would appreciate the effort (although I don't expect a K9 partner to care much).

Just wanna make sure we're not kink shaming anyone just because they like to keep themselves smooth.
Clearly not. The “(to me)” section you quoted from me is a clear indicator that it is my opinion. My further opinion is people are free to do whatever they want as long as it isn’t hurting anyone else.

Clearly not. The “(to me)” section you quoted from me is a clear indicator that it is my opinion. My further opinion is people are free to do whatever they want as long as it isn’t hurting anyone else.
I hope you saw the start of my post begin with a respectful "I feel you" and a VERY clear "everyone's entitled to their opinions" statement from me. Not that you need my validation, but I was offering no rebuke, no argument, and nothing but respect for you and your position.

But then you went on to state that you feel it's a form of infantilization of women. I think this is what I backed up and took notice of. Many practitioners of such DON'T think this, and might even take umbrage at your characterization of such. Does it matter what you think vs what they think? Maybe. Maybe not. Again, everyone can hold their own opinion. The very nature of this board is that the vast majority of us hold an unpopular opinion, that many would judge - and punish - us for.

I've heard the pervasive "this is one step away from pedophilia" argument from people who feel VERY strongly about shaved genitals. Likewise, I've also heard people who simply say "I don't like it, and it's not for me." You seemed to do a little bit of both. S'okay. That's why we call them opinions. LIkewise, my replies are my opinion. Doesn't make them wrong or right, though we do reserve the right to hold them (even if those opinions ARE wrong or right, or perhaps - "popular" or "unpopular.")

As an example, someone I know once inappropriately referred to the 'doggie' position as "missionary" and was VEHEMENTLY opposed to such because "the missionaries didn't want to look at the faces of the indigenous women they were fucking!" I shook my head and explained what missionary was and why it was called that and she flat out refused to believe me. I think her opinion revealed more about her perspective and perhaps some biases that she held, but it still was... her opinion (to which she was entirely entitled).

The ideas and opinions we all hold amaze me sometimes. That we're from different walks of life, socioeconomic strata, even cultures and countries only reinforces that we'll have a variety. To quote you again, "people are free to do whatever they want as long as it isn’t hurting anyone else." On this we agree one million percent.

Be well, friend. I don't mean any judgement or criticism of you. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and interact.

Last edited:
Many practitioners of such DON'T think this, and might even take umbrage at your characterization of such.
That is their prerogative. They can be as offended as they care to be. It doesn’t do anything.
Does it matter what you think vs what they think? Maybe.
Absolutely not. None of us are special, including me.
Be well, friend. I don't mean any judgement or criticism of you. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and interact.
I didn’t take it that way. No offense taken at all. I’m an engineer and sometimes forget I’m writing like one. Forgive me. 🍻

Sometimes. I usually don't, unless I know I'll be wearing my swimsuit regularly (I used to be a lifeguard), or for sex reasons.
Might be slightly unappealing wearing a bikini with a bunch of hair hanging out everywhere lol.
I keep mine trimmed for hygiene and sexual purposes, but it really depends on who I’m with, as some women like hairy balls lmao. Never clean shaven tho. Not a chance of ever running a razor down there :p

Back