Discontinued Products You Miss

I miss Sprite Remix, glass sodas instead of cans, Blockbusters..... I miss a lot more but that's ones I can think of for now.

I'm still pissed at Costco for discontinuing the Polish sausage. Their hot dogs are nowhere nearly as good.

That and those "hand-dipped" almond-covered ice cream bars. I can understand why, since they were so labor-intensive to make individually every time someone ordered one, but oh WOW were they good.

Just as well, though, since even though keto brought my diabetes under control, that doesn't mean I'd ever be able to eat one without going into a literal coma.

Jolt is still around
Do they make a diet caffeine-free version? :D

I'm still pissed at Costco for discontinuing the Polish sausage. Their hot dogs are nowhere nearly as good.

That and those "hand-dipped" almond-covered ice cream bars. I can understand why, since they were so labor-intensive to make individually every time someone ordered one, but oh WOW were they good.

Just as well, though, since even though keto brought my diabetes under control, that doesn't mean I'd ever be able to eat one without going into a literal coma.

Do they make a diet caffeine-free version? :D
Might as well drink tapwater... Same as diet caffiene-free Mountain Dew... What's the friggin' point? Nobody will EVER convince me that they drink Jolt or Dew 'cause it tastes good - they both taste like shit. Their only redeeming feature is that they deliver a sugar-hit and caffiene. Remove either (or both) of those, and the stuff isn't fit for human consumption.

Jart.png

I can think of a few things:
  • Cars with manual transmissions. I first started learning to drive in a stick, but it got totaled in a snowstorm (not with me in it) and the car we got to replace it is an automatic. I don't mind the automatic, but the stick is more fun. At least our current car has a faux manual mode even if it's not the same
  • Keen Appalachian hiking boots. I had a pair that lasted pretty much throughout my teen years, but they no longer make them and I hear new Keens suck
  • Good quality Levi's jeans
  • Borders book stores

I used to drink a lot of Fanta Red Cream soda back in the 70s and early 80s. It had the usual vanilla taste of cream soda, but with something more added. It was a little hard to find even back then, haven't seen it in decades. Just googled it and Barq's makes a Red Creme. No idea if it's similar though.

Two things:
1620615728289.png
These delicious fuckers need to make a come back, along with several of the other wonka exceptionals like the milk/white chocolate bars.
1620615894959.png
These might still be available, but I can't find them and I'm a little snooty and don't like candy shipped. It gets stale. I can't find them around me and I *adore* them. Little gummy, little chocolatey, lots of good. Even the grape ones taste good. I never got to try it but they had a yogurt variety. They're called Gummy Choco if you're curious to try them.

PlayStation 2.

No game updates. No cloud. No DLC, no monthly subscription.
Just you, a six pack of red bull, the better part of a night and games they actually still cared about when they made them.

Had I known it was the golden times back when I was still living them o_O
i still got my ps2 and still play it
also this

Attachments

• img_1_1620453083740.jpg
    img_1_1620453083740.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 10
I used to drink a lot of Fanta Red Cream soda back in the 70s and early 80s. It had the usual vanilla taste of cream soda, but with something more added. It was a little hard to find even back then, haven't seen it in decades.
Canada's got it :cool:
Wait until the border opens and get a pickup full (y)

I had a 1995 five speed dodge neon that looked exactly like this. That thing had no bells or whistles but damn it was the best car. Felt fast handled great got 40 to the gallon when babied. Didn't even have a tachometer and for the last two years untill it got tboned the speedometer didn't work. I knew exactly how fast I was going and knew that car like my best friend. Everything from getting caught by the cop at five am banging a 23 year old mother of two behind the graveyard when I was (cough cough) hardly driving age to driving it out of a 15 foot ditch with no damage so my friend who had half a lb of weed on him could escape. Oh shit. It was a tin can but the best one I'll ever know.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 6
the old original formula Marlboro 100's that were in the gold top pack. The new ones in the red top pack are a completely different formula and tastes nothing like the old ones.

The closest thing they have to the original flavor nowadays is their ''Blend number 27". they're shorter than the old 100's, but the flavor is very similar.

I had a 1995 five speed dodge neon that looked exactly like this. That thing had no bells or whistles but damn it was the best car. Felt fast handled great got 40 to the gallon when babied. Didn't even have a tachometer and for the last two years untill it got tboned the speedometer didn't work. I knew exactly how fast I was going and knew that car like my best friend. Everything from getting caught by the cop at five am banging a 23 year old mother of two behind the graveyard when I was (cough cough) hardly driving age to driving it out of a 15 foot ditch with no damage so my friend who had half a lb of weed on him could escape. Oh shit. It was a tin can but the best one I'll ever know.

I always liked the 89-93 range of Mazda 626s. Damn things ran forever, and were easy to get parts for to fix up nit-picky stuff, but when they finally died, they REALLY died. Sorta like the Deacon's Masterpiece, they just sorta "...went to pieces - all at once, and nothing first..." Had two give up on me that way after rolling the odometer a couple times. (Spent a lot of years driving a huge newspaper route and delivering pizzas as side-hustles to my usual "Chief of Horsekeeping" jobs - Made some surprisingly good bank at it, too.)

....but when they finally died, they REALLY died. Sorta like the Deacon's Masterpiece, they just sorta "...went to pieces - all at once, and nothing first......
Describes this rocking little overpowered Cobalt I had.

I personally like the first and second generation (1993-2007) Subaru Impreza. The car I first started learning to drive in that I mentioned in my last post was an Impreza of that vintage. They have few bells and whistles, but they look nice, they're fun to drive, they're built like tanks, and the ones with the EJ22 engines (I think they went away from those around 2000 or 2001) don't have the problems that modern Subarus have (such as the head gaskets failing).

I miss Sprite Remix, glass sodas instead of cans, Blockbusters..... I miss a lot more but that's ones I can think of for now.
Mexico still makes glass bottles of Coke that has actual cane sugar instead of crappy corn syrup. Some stores in the US sell it. Granted, it does cost more than Coke made in the US, but it is great as an occasional treat.

Back