Discontinued Products You Miss

‘member the 90’s? Extreme!

View attachment 137893
hxs663bb5vux.jpg

Saturn S Series cars. It's a shame that the Saturn brand later killed itself off by selling rebranded Opals that nobody wanted, resulting in the brand losing so much money that it became victim to the multiple GM brand kill-offs in order to receive government bailout money. Replacing the S Series with the Ion (Opal something) and its fucked-up instrument cluster's location and ugly dashboard was a mind-boggling decision.

Just like the title implies, name something that's no longer produced that you absolutely loved and wish they'd bring back.

It can be anything from something a restaurant made to I dunno motor oil and everything and anything in between.

For example, I miss Sprinkle Spangles cereal, it was my favorite cereal as a kid.

Picture sugar cookies with sprinkles in cereal form.
Old school surge...dont get me wrong, i live that BK brought it back, but i do miss the original.

RWD sport sedans with manual transmissions.

Also, Panda Express used to serve this eggplant tofu dish at certain locations. It was often a special-order item. Totally bomb dish and they discontinued it. It's way better than it sounds.

Last edited:
Berries&Cream Dr. Pepper, otherwise known as the nectar of the gods

Attachments

• A03BFEC2-93EE-4ED3-8A07-2C873A49F98C.jpeg
    A03BFEC2-93EE-4ED3-8A07-2C873A49F98C.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
Nacho cheese pretzel Combos. Why did they stop making the only flavor that was fit for human consumption, yet continue making the ungodly perversions of the idea "tasty snack" that are still being produced??? The pizza ones were like eating barf in a crunchy shell, the taco ones were enough to gag a maggot, the "regular" and cheddar cheese versions were so bland I thought I might have been chewing on crunchy kleenex, and the "cracker" version of the cheese ones (and let's not forget the peanut butter version) seemed to have even less flavor.

in the 90's there was a soda called "West End" the bottle was BEAUTIFUL. I used to obsess over it.

It usually shows up (but only in limited markets) for a couple weeks either side of Halloween. Yummy Mummy also pops up about the same time, but usually in a different market - They rarely end up side-by-side on the same shelf anymore, even though both end up on the shelf SOMEWHERE around Halloween time. Count Chocula and Frankenberry are almost always available, as is Boo-Berry, but Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy are apparently held back as "specials".

View attachment 142354
Kept me going many a late night back in college in the 80s... There was only one place in town that had it.
Jolt is still around, but you have to be in the right part of the country to find it. *MAJOR* college towns, basically.

How anybody could stomach the stuff is beyond my comprehension, but to be fair, I've got about as much use for ANY cola as I do for a Drano enema...

Cheese Waffies, Boyer Marshmallow Cups, Buster Brown Shoes( my first Role Model) the Old Buck Rogers Comic strip, and "Terry and the Pirates". I NEVER liked " Steve Canyon" as much as Terry.

Cheese Waffies, Boyer Marshmallow Cups, Buster Brown Shoes( my first Role Model) the Old Buck Rogers Comic strip, and "Terry and the Pirates". I NEVER liked " Steve Canyon" as much as Terry.
You tellin' me Buster Browns are gone? I hacven't looked in ages, for obvious reasons, but I didn't realize they'd gone tango uniform.

Here in Canada there is only one factory that makes Twinkies and due to a flood the whole facility was shutdown and was going to be closed for quite a while, Before long I was dealing with a Twinkie shortage and with no end in sight. Luckily for us Canadians Hostess America stepped up to the plate after several months and began producing the Twinkies and shipping them to Canada. Now I can continue enjoying my favorite little cream filled sponge cakes.

Here in Canada there is only one factory that makes Twinkies and due to a flood the whole facility was shutdown and was going to be closed for quite a while, Before long I was dealing with a Twinkie shortage and with no end in sight. Luckily for us Canadians Hostess America stepped up to the plate after several months and began producing the Twinkies and shipping them to Canada. Now I can continue enjoying my favorite little cream filled sponge cakes.
Dunno if it's a factory problem thing, or what, but I haven't been able to find devil's food zingers on the shelf in months. Those nasty-ass raspberry ones, sure - worthless things are ab-so-fucking-lutely EVERYWHERE! Can't swing a dead cat without hitting 2 dozen boxes of 'em! But based on how impossible they've been to find for the last few months, the devil's food ones appear to have been outlawed (or maybe exorcised?).

<grumble>

Dunno if it's a factory problem thing, or what, but I haven't been able to find devil's food zingers on the shelf in months. Those nasty-ass raspberry ones, sure - worthless things are ab-so-fucking-lutely EVERYWHERE! Can't swing a dead cat without hitting 2 dozen boxes of 'em! But based on how impossible they've been to find for the last few months, the devil's food ones appear to have been outlawed (or maybe exorcised?).

<grumble>
The sucks those are good too.

Turkey Twizzlers, they got banned not discontinued, if you're english you'll know what I'm talking about, thanks Jamie Oliver for getting them banned

Back