Deep quotes you heard or made up?

"We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome Based Education (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student's fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."

-Texas Board of Education

"I took ballistics in school, fascinating subject things go up, things go down"

I will be surprised if anyone knows where that quote is from

"For the first time in 50 years, I find myself in the slough of despond. All about me is darkness. I am praying for light."

-Mahatma Gandhi, last words

"We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome Based Education (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student's fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."

-Texas Board of Education
That would be funny, if not so terribly sad for the students in Texas.

"Basically gods never make mistakes, and so if humanity is a divine creation, then all possible deeds of humankind must fall within divine parameters and therefore be error-free, right? And since humanity is error-free, why should god have to work? Her nine-to-five shift ended when she created people."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Oh please, the only fairy tale that piece of shit read was the bible.

If Jesus really was a warrior lion I might have found church bearable.
I had to check the back of the wardrobe for secret doors when ever I found a new one, but sadly I've yet to turn up a lion in any of them.

Back