Combatting Spam accounts and New Forum Rules.

I see . :) well it's good to read that so you kinda you need to prove to the forum that you into this lifestyle and not just to harass other people for you pleasure. Nice to hear those changes :)

I'm uncomfortable with leaving comments and posts on this forum, I'm much more comfortable with staying a lurker... my other account was banned for 'spam' even though its old.

@ZTHorse A thought occurs. Can they PM staff? Cause if they can't there's no way they can try to get their accounts deleted. Not that lurkers generally qualify for deletion, but if they can't PM to try that will just mean more idiots on admin profiles unable to tell the difference between a PM and a profile post.

This is splendid! I've gotten quite annoyed with the constant messages from people eager to see my tits or asking me to come fuck their dogs. I can't even log on for a second and have a chance to breathe without getting notified of private messages about hookups, and the usual; "My dog is horny and ready to fuck!" Typically, it's people who have posted little to no valuable content on here, granted I, myself, am hardly active on Zooville. This was an issue I dealt with back when Beastforum was still around.

I don't necessarily want to disable PMs altogether. Hopefully, this should help lessen those who just go compile a bunch of accounts to go around and ask for nudes and sex in isolated chit-chats.
Whoa, I haven't seen you in a hot minute, welcome back!

Really it's not. New account restrictions are common bordering on standard on forums, it's a surprise they've been so lax til now.
I actually love the relaxed nature of the forum, but things change and people need to adapt to whatever situations arise.

And considering that this will probably stop a good chunk of harassment, I'm for it.

If anything I think 10 is too low of a number.

20 would be a nicer number. Also, the number should be spread over a decent period of time, maybe 2 weeks? If not, a new acount making 20 posts in a day just to send a PM is a posibility.

Reactions: RGT

20 would be a nicer number. Also, the number should be spread over a decent period of time, maybe 2 weeks? If not, a new acount making 20 posts in a day just to send a PM is a posibility.
It’s still a lot of work to get to the number just to get banned as soon as you send your DM. We know it won’t be 100% effective, but the hope is that it will slow down the harassment.

I'm sure it's tied to "citizen" level, they would have to rework the entire level system if they wanted to adjust it to something other than 10. Which may not even be possible, they may be hard coded post counts in the forum software with the only thing editable being the the names and the "privileges" tied to them.

I'm uncomfortable with leaving comments and posts on this forum, I'm much more comfortable with staying a lurker... my other account was banned for 'spam' even though its old.
If it was banned after you opened the second account, its not surprising. Old or not, no ones supposed to have two or more active accounts, unless they've gotten a Papal Dispensation

Due to the amount of spam accounts, we have restricted the PM function again.

-New accounts will be REQUIRED to make at minimum 10 forum posts in relevant sections (not fun and games) to gain access to the PM function. This is due to ongoing spam and harassment of newly made user accounts. Lurker accounts will NOT be able to PM until they have recieved atleast 10 forum posts.

Edit: This only applies to accounts created after this post. All older accounts are grandfathered in the old ruleset, so report them and we will ban them slowly over time.

-ZT
That is why, I could not PM, thanks for the info.

This is splendid! I've gotten quite annoyed with the constant messages from people eager to see my tits or asking me to come fuck their dogs. I can't even log on for a second and have a chance to breathe without getting notified of private messages about hookups, and the usual; "My dog is horny and ready to fuck!" Typically, it's people who have posted little to no valuable content on here, granted I, myself, am hardly active on Zooville. This was an issue I dealt with back when Beastforum was still around.

I don't necessarily want to disable PMs altogether. Hopefully, this should help lessen those who just go compile a bunch of accounts to go around and ask for nudes and sex in isolated chit-chats.
I agree ! I didn't post a picture on my profile before but then felt it was a little unfair to all the others who do. Ever since I did, loooads of unsolicited demands with borderline remarks ...
That's a very sensitive move.

Newbe here and falling foul of the post rules. However I do understand the reasoning behind the decision lol. I shall wait till I'm eligible to msg or email in pvt. Oh and we are loving the site hopefully will be exploring and meeting interesting people along the way

Newbe here and falling foul of the post rules. However I do understand the reasoning behind the decision lol. I shall wait till I'm eligible to msg or email in pvt. Oh and we are loving the site hopefully will be exploring and meeting interesting people along the way
Hey thanks for the like on my post

I'm glad I made the grandfather clause. I don't post much but it's fun coming here when I can.
Yeah is a very interesting site and I'm sure in time as we get more familiar with it things will get better and we will meet interesting peoplelol. At the moment its a bore but I can understand the reasoning (y)

I'm finding myself posting more as I get more comfortable.
Yes that's true lol it was daunting taking the first step and signing up to the site. That said its very interesting with lots of info so I don't think it will be too long before we feel comfortable

Due to the amount of spam accounts, we have restricted the PM function again.

-New accounts will be REQUIRED to make at minimum 10 forum posts in relevant sections (not fun and games) to gain access to the PM function. This is due to ongoing spam and harassment of newly made user accounts. Lurker accounts will NOT be able to PM until they have recieved atleast 10 forum posts.

Edit: This only applies to accounts created after this post. All older accounts are grandfathered in the old ruleset, so report them and we will ban them slowly over time.

-ZT
Unfortunately, makes sense. I've been a lurker for quite some time between here, plf, bf and a few others going back 20+ years. Thanks for doing it this way.

I'm all in favour of anything reasonable, such as what is being done here re PM's if it helps reduce harassment. Which I find is very sad that it is occurring and driving people away from finding an accepting safe place here.

I've also found it quite odd when someone who joined within the last 24 hours and has no post wants to follow me. Admittedly I'm a friendly guy, but for some reason it just feels a bit odd. Have others noticed a lot of this sort of behaviour as well.

Clarification request: are they just restricted from initiating PMs or can they still receive and respond. We all know how many lurkers want telegram/etc invites and or 1 time personal posts desperately "message me!"
I think this rule is great and it helps keep out scammers and non zoo guys

maybe you should stop lurking then
My definition of lurker might be different. I've posted personal stories on BF, if people were ever on and remembers threads on Lainey (my online friend -name changed for obvious reasons) it was me. But, when I say I lurk, it's because I don't go to the lengths most seem to. So I sit back in a sense.

I did just post another story in this forum, probably wrong spot, but learning forum rules. It's in discussion thread. You are right though, I should post more and interact more.

Back