Can dogs tell when you orgasm?

I had something new happen with my intact GSD bitch last night and I thought this would be the best place to ask about it. I've never had a sexual relationship with this girl, because she's my husband's dog, and not cool with anything remotely zoo, so I respect his boundary. However, I've had a sexual relationship with a bitch in the past, and this didn't happen.
She walked in while I was getting off, and I was already close so didn't bother stopping, assuming she'd just walk away as usual. However, when I started to orgasm, she got closer to me than usual and began to thrust at the air. She has never done this, even when overstimulated and excited in other contexts.
Like, did she know? I'm so confused and I think I might shut the door next time. 😂

Sounds like the bitch had some prior experience to clue her. The reaction is not a normal one for Dogs, or any other critter, because, in nature, theres no expectation of a raccoon getting some from a turkey or an elephant air-humping because there's a donkey in heat next door. THAT only happens at Political Conventions.
Your shep bitch has some experience from somewhere....was she acquired as a Pup, or as a rehome? Is Hub into this secretly, using the Anti-zoo- itude as a cover? I think, if you dont want to know the answers, best to shut the door.

Last edited:
I had something new happen with my intact GSD bitch last night and I thought this would be the best place to ask about it. I've never had a sexual relationship with this girl, because she's my husband's dog, and not cool with anything remotely zoo, so I respect his boundary. However, I've had a sexual relationship with a bitch in the past, and this didn't happen.
She walked in while I was getting off, and I was already close so didn't bother stopping, assuming she'd just walk away as usual. However, when I started to orgasm, she got closer to me than usual and began to thrust at the air. She has never done this, even when overstimulated and excited in other contexts.
Like, did she know? I'm so confused and I think I might shut the door next time. 😂
I believe they can - as mentioned earlier, heartbeat, pheromones, etc.

I believe they can - as mentioned earlier, heartbeat, pheromones, etc.
That is an interesting question. I think he can tell with me, maybe not really understand per se that I am having an orgasm, his interpretation might be that I am very receptive. Based on my body reactions, breathing, sounds I make and all that add up to an experience that he shares with me and I think he feels I become extra receptive and submissive when I orgasm. I like to think he likes it

Sounds like the bitch had some prior experience to clue her. The reaction is not a normal one for Dogs, or any other critter, because, in nature, theres no expectation of a raccoon getting some from a turkey or an elephant air-humping because there's a donkey in heat next door. THAT only happens at Political Conventions.
Your shep bitch has some experience from somewhere....was she acquired as a Pup, or as a rehome? Is Hub into this secretly, using the Anti-zoo- itude as a cover? I think, if you dont want to know the answers, best to shut the door.
I honestly doubt he's done anything, he's a pretty straight-edge guy. He isn't really anti-zoo so much as not wanting to alter the relationship between us and the dog. She was a year old when we got her, raised for service work, so I have my doubts she's been exposed but I suppose it's not impossible. Not that you can really pick out another zoo in normal interaction, but the raisers didn't seem like the type. I'm thinking maybe she's just really weirdly intuitive.

I honestly doubt he's done anything, he's a pretty straight-edge guy. He isn't really anti-zoo so much as not wanting to alter the relationship between us and the dog. She was a year old when we got her, raised for service work, so I have my doubts she's been exposed but I suppose it's not impossible. Not that you can really pick out another zoo in normal interaction, but the raisers didn't seem like the type. I'm thinking maybe she's just really weirdly intuitive.
Look at it this way. Even humans have to be taught the signs of sexual arousal, before they know how to react. How would your bitch even have a clue?
No critter is born knowing much about sexualities of other animals. It serves no natural purpose; more, Dogs come from a milieu in which there are no guarantees they will ever have sex with anything. They follow an alpha pair. If you arent the alpha, you arent getting any; the closest you come is feeding Alpha pups. Luck plays a small role....if an alpha dies a pack member might take on the role, but an outsider taking over is at least as likely.
So....where did she learn to associate that scent and those sounds with sex, enough to display the described behavior?...I have had dogs all my life, and watched coyotes and foxes at times....never seen even one bitch do anything like youre describing, unprompted. Again, I'd start closing the door securely, if you dont want her to give up the answer or make hub aware.

Dogs apparently can smell something like COVID to 96% accuracy, so it wouldn't be too farfetched to be able to smell orgasms.
I read that news article last year. Cancer as well :unsure:
I thought it might be scent as well, given one of my ladies just before she cums her lips swell tremendously and her musk increases bigtime. My other gal, I couldn't tell worth spit, though, other than if I'm inside her (she's CRUSHING with those vaginal muscles to the point of unpleasant :oops: )

Definitely. It's kinda silly to think they don't know exactly what's going on ;)

Dogs can smell a scent for mile(s). There's no mistake that they can smell you, your normal pheromones and your sexy time pheromones are totally different and dogs are very perceptive animals. They can see it, smell it, hear it- they know exactly whats' going on.

As for a dog being inside me when i orgasm, i'm pretty sure he knows then too by the way he pushes deep and gets gushy!

Definitely. It's kinda silly to think they don't know exactly what's going on ;)

Dogs can smell a scent for mile(s). There's no mistake that they can smell you, your normal pheromones and your sexy time pheromones are totally different and dogs are very perceptive animals. They can see it, smell it, hear it- they know exactly whats' going on.

As for a dog being inside me when i orgasm, i'm pretty sure he knows then too by the way he pushes deep and gets gushy!
TRUTH!

I am sure they can tell, I mean who doesn’t think thier dog is perceptive? He knows when we are happy and ready to play, he knows when we are tired he knows when we are sad...he knows when we are sexually arouses and receptive! Lol. I am sure it is obvious to a pup if we have an orgasm

My boy can tell when I'm about to be home because of my scent leaving through the day. They can tell a lot.

As for his bitch clenching down on his knot? He understands that something is happening for sure, like I am physically doing something on his penis it's kinda of obvious. I think he sees it more as me become very receptive to his breeding.

Back