Can dogs tell when you orgasm?

its just scent and pheromones. they aren't emotionally or mentally connected or anything like that. dogs see the world through their nose, when the sniff a tree they are gathering all the information regarding the dogs that were there previously, male, female, fertile, how long ago, and more. the closer you are to orgasm, your body chemistry changes. Dog's can't detect everything, especially if there isn't a scent but during sex you are giving off various scents and that is what the dog is smelling.

I dont doubt that they can....the more important question is....Do they care?
I'd say "no" most of the time. But my last dog had times that he really didn't like them. Whether it was dominance, or pressure on his penis, or moving too much I have no idea. But it was very clear at the moment that he didn't like them.

IMO they don't care in the sense of "I need to make sure she gets hers too" but caring negatively can be a thing.

Do they care?
Well... since you asked:

I knew of a GSD gal that would let you screw her in pretty much any position, missionary, doggy, cowgirl, on her side, etc. She loved sex, but the only thing she didn't like was a male ejaculating inside of her. As soon as you were about to finish she'd squirm away. So obviously she knew when a male was about to orgasm, and she knew she didn't like that feeling inside of her. But her case was a pretty unique one.

My Newfie girl doesn't care if I ejaculate inside of her. The only time my two girls do care is when I'm masturbating. Because once I'm finished it becomes a race between my two girls to lap up as much as possible. Both of my girls can pick up on when I'm fapping pretty easily. But my mutt girl is usually a little better and more attentive.

Yeah....thats the only reason they do care, I think....a couple of mine would go to great lengths to get every bit of ejaculate from the source or an alternate ....but otherwise, it may be more a bother than a desire....

They know whats going on, if I pretend to cum my boy gets real pissed off like "Where is it?!?"
I'm aghast, how could you tease him like that, depriving a lab of a snack is pure sacrilege, just ask any Lab I'm sure they will confirm this fact for you. In my experience that particular snack is a prized delicacy for a lot of dogs. My GSD would never let me spill a drop if he could make it to me in time to drink from the source. There has even been times I could have sworn he was asleep on his bed on the other side of the room, but still he made it to my side before the first drop was released.

I'm aghast, how could you tease him like that, depriving a lab of a snack is pure sacrilege, just ask any Lab I'm sure they will confirm this fact for you. In my experience that particular snack is a prized delicacy for a lot of dogs. My GSD would never let me spill a drop if he could make it to me in time to drink from the source. There has even been times I could have sworn he was asleep on his bed on the other side of the room, but still he made it to my side before the first drop was released.
But he's impatient and expects me to cum in like 30 seconds 😆 He's got wise to my tricks now and if I take too long he resorts to sniffing and dabbing my tip with his tongue, but he always gets what he wants :p

WHEN my girl allows me to have sex with her she never stands still until I really get going. As I get closer to cumming, she changes from squirmy to as still as a statue. If I’m masturbating she may sit or lay next to me just staring at me, as soon as I get close to cumming she starts licking the tip until I’m done and all clean. I would agree that they know when you start to orgasm, and finish for that matter.

But he's impatient and expects me to cum in like 30 seconds 😆 He's got wise to my tricks now and if I take too long he resorts to sniffing and dabbing my tip with his tongue, but he always gets what he wants :p
Well perhaps he is just trying to help you along with his encouraging tongue assistance. Then again I suspect he has his own devious motives like wanting to get every drop from beginning to end. Does the little lady ever join the party or is it just a game the boys play while she's snoozing.

I once found myself in the middle of a pug and a french bulldog lick attack. They only had little tongues but they knew how to use them and they both got rewarded in no time flat. But getting a load of cum out of flat faced dog wrinkles is actually easier said than done, but fortunately when it x2 dogs they can help each other with the problem.

I like to think he can tell when I'm cumming, but I actually don't know for sure. If he can't tell when I'm having an orgasm, at the very least I'm really sure he knows that sex is something I love to do with him... and that's good enough for me. He's very good at sensing the kind of vibes I'm giving off. On the bright side, it's very very obvious when he's cumming (big turn on).

I'm convinced they can, I'm fairly vocal but I have a friend who isn't who reports similar, that when I'm getting close she'll often spin right around to get it from the tap
I like to assume they can :p ... I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm not too vocal either, but there were a few times when I moaned a little too loudly and startled him a bit... I think it confused him a little :(. I'll usually try not to be too loud because of that, but sometimes it's tricky... like stopping yourself from swearing out loud when you stub your toe against some furniture in the dark.

And sheesh.. your girl must know you so well by now if that's what she does. She definitely knows. :)

I honestly doubt he's done anything, he's a pretty straight-edge guy. He isn't really anti-zoo so much as not wanting to alter the relationship between us and the dog. She was a year old when we got her, raised for service work, so I have my doubts she's been exposed but I suppose it's not impossible. Not that you can really pick out another zoo in normal interaction, but the raisers didn't seem like the type. I'm thinking maybe she's just really weirdly intuitive.
Any update? Has this happened again?

My girl definitely can, because she has decided my orgasm means sex is done. She'll stand up and start cleaning, sometimes even as I'm right in the middle of it!

this is crazy, i heard of people saying their girls know when theyre about to explode inside them and then clench harder when they do. this must be related to that

Yes they can definitely tell something is happening but not sure they understand what it is unless they have participated at some time.

what do you mean?
I think she means a canine wouldnt know what was happening, but only that something is....UNLESS the canine had some experience of human-animal connections to associate yours with theirs. Cum is not a particularly odorific substance, but it DOES have a scent. More, its loaded with proteins and amino acids, and hormones. In a funny way, it might be the hormones strengthen or even replace a certain amount of hormones in their own bodies. Might account for the avidity a neutered critter will show for licking.

I think she means a canine wouldnt know what was happening, but only that something is....UNLESS the canine had some experience of human-animal connections to associate yours with theirs. Cum is not a particularly odorific substance, but it DOES have a scent. More, its loaded with proteins and amino acids, and hormones. In a funny way, it might be the hormones strengthen or even replace a certain amount of hormones in their own bodies. Might account for the avidity a neutered critter will show for licking.
Exactly, thank you Saddlebum66

it might be the hormones strengthen or even replace a certain amount of hormones in their own bodies. Might account for the avidity a neutered critter will show for licking.
I'm gonna need to see a citation for this claim about hormones.

As far as licking goes, dogs have a strong natural instinct to groom their packmates for various reasons (bonding, hygiene, showing submission, showing affection). These natural behaviors are still present in a neutered dog, because most have nothing to do with sex.

Back