Anyone into DnD or other roleplaying games?

Got two campaigns going, wife and I DM one respectively and we try to have our groups every 2nd Friday nights when possible. We’re fairly regular.

Started off with D&D/AD&D back in late 80s/early 90s, along with some Palladium (Rifts and Heroes Unlimited), some GURPS, but from 2012 until a couple years ago it was primarily D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1E (which is basically D&D 3.75). Dipped into Starfinder (Pathfinder in SPAAAAAACE!!!) as well. But last few months we've been playing Pathfinder 2E. Honestly... I'm really enjoying it now. I was under-enthused about it during the playtest, and right after the initial release, because there was not much material available, and it felt... generic. Bland. Uninspiring. But, because I'd been DMing for a while, and getting kinda burned out, I asked one of my players to take a shot at GMing... and he's a BIG fan of Pathfinder 2E... so I knew he would want to run it. So... I was like, "OK, I'll give it another shot." And I am so glad I did! Combat flows faster, it's more dynamic (once iterative attacks became available, full attacks meant getting into position and staying there as much as possible, which is B.O.R.I.N.G.), everything seems to be so much more balanced (except the alchemist class, which is being revamped from what I understand). Anyway. Yeah. I'm a convert now apparently... lol!

I've been playing Pathfinder 1e for a little over a year now and it's fucking amazing! Only downside to it is real life aka everyone finding a free time to play lol.

But, if someone is activelly playing any of those, what books/campaigns and classes are you playing? I wanna see who else is a roleplaying nerd here:husky_love:
Currently have 1 completed campaign of 5e and on a 2nd right now

I'm on the fence about wanting to find a group to do DND or Pathfinder. I'm a noob to both, but understand the rules somewhat. Seems like it could be fun.

I've been playing 5e with the same group for almost 10 years. During college we played every night usually until 3 in the morning or so. We've tried some offshoot stuff too: a DND Modern campaign, tried Starfinder (I think for one session, the first time someone fired a grenade launcher and we had to calculate the path of the projectile with bullet drop they decided they did not want to play Starfinder), Apocalypse World, Ironclaw is a good one especially if you play with Furries but it's a very easy to pick up system. We play almost entirely in homebrew settings but we did play Curse of Strahd a few years ago. Sadly there were no survivors. Right now we're playing every Sunday in person and every Wednesday night online with Roll20.

Back