Anybody Here Want A Normal Life?

X

xcitedpup

As in still be in the zoo lifestyle, but have standard middle-class goals (i.e house with picket fence, 2.5 kids, 2 vacations, aiming for a career or open up your own business). I actually have a pretty standard set of life goals outside of zoo, but I see a lot of posts of the community building a lifestyle around just this aspect of their lives. Not here to criticize anybodies life choice, just want to see what kind of goals/lifestyle you lead outside of zoo.

Well the definition of normal means different things to different people especially here.

For a lot of people here this lifestyle indeed IS their normal.
Yes! To be honest, I think I have a normal life. I have a little house with things I like, I have a car that generally will start...and I make enough money to pay for my needs and some of my wants. I have a few friends I like to meet out for cocktails, I enjoy reading and relaxing. I like the beach and the sun. I think my life is pretty normal!

oh yeah, I have a German Shepard that mounts me...maybe not normal for everyone, but it is normal for me

Well the definition of normal means different things to different people especially here.

For a lot of people here this lifestyle indeed IS their normal.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Just wondering about other aspects of life.

Couldn’t be ‘normal’ if I tried! Not to say I don’t admire those who have it made with the marriage and the house and kids and a minivan in the driveway but that kind of life isn’t really in reach for me and I don’t mind that.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Just wondering about other aspects of life.

Well who says that you can't have both? Lots of people involved in this lifestyle lead totally every day normal lives.

Now don't even get me started on what society believes is normal because where society is concerned you're talking about the biggest freak show in existence!!

I didn’t really think this was a problem. As far as I know, most people here want to live normal lives. But hey, it’ll be nice to have a thread with this kind of talk anyways.

I’m a college student still trying to figure herself out. I just want a cozy life with my own personal apartment in the big city. No kids, definitely want to visit Japan, and when my current partner inevitably passes, we’ll see where life takes me in terms of relationships. I thought I had things figured out in terms of my career, but I’ve been rethinking it for a while now, so I’m probably going to be a student for longer than I initially thought, lol. But I want a career in the background, somewhere I can work in peace and not bring too much attention to myself. And someday, I hope to have my own greenhouse or sunroom to grow a whole bunch of different plants. Sounds simple, but that kind of peaceful life sounds like it’d be a dream come true right now.

I go on hikes with my partner. Every now and then me, my dad, and my uncles will meet up and go on a big camping trip just to get away and catch up after being apart for so long. I’m a bit of a nerd, I love horror movies and will eat up any psychological thriller novel that I can get my hands on. I write my own novels as a hobby that I’m never going to publish. All in all, I just want a peaceful, well-balanced life. Preferably with my dogboyfriend. Whether it’s a normal life or not depends on who you’re asking, lol.

I didn’t really think this was a problem. As far as I know, most people here want to live normal lives. But hey, it’ll be nice to have a thread with this kind of talk anyways.

I’m a college student still trying to figure herself out. I just want a cozy life with my own personal apartment in the big city. No kids, definitely want to visit Japan, and when my current partner inevitably passes, we’ll see where life takes me in terms of relationships. I thought I had things figured out in terms of my career, but I’ve been rethinking it for a while now, so I’m probably going to be a student for longer than I initially thought, lol. But I want a career in the background, somewhere I can work in peace and not bring too much attention to myself. And someday, I hope to have my own greenhouse or sunroom to grow a whole bunch of different plants. Sounds simple, but that kind of peaceful life sounds like it’d be a dream come true right now.

I go on hikes with my partner. Every now and then me, my dad, and my uncles will meet up and go on a big camping trip just to get away and catch up after being apart for so long. I’m a bit of a nerd, I love horror movies and will eat up any psychological thriller novel that I can get my hands on. I write my own novels as a hobby that I’m never going to publish. All in all, I just want a peaceful, well-balanced life. Preferably with my dogboyfriend. Whether it’s a normal life or not depends on who you’re asking, lol.

Thank you for sharing. That seems like a wonderful goal to strive for. I wish you best of luck.

I think it is really cool when you are able to combine bothe. I think I have a normal life but sadly not in zoo combination.

As in still be in the zoo lifestyle, but have standard middle-class goals (i.e house with picket fence, 2.5 kids, 2 vacations, aiming for a career or open up your own business). I actually have a pretty standard set of life goals outside of zoo, but I see a lot of posts of the community building a lifestyle around just this aspect of their lives. Not here to criticize anybodies life choice, just want to see what kind of goals/lifestyle you lead outside of zoo.

I know a few people who have exactly that. One couple I know has a stay at home mom and her husband works at city hall. They've been in the lifestyle ever since I met them in high school and have raised at least 4 pups together. They live in suburbia, have cookouts, mow the lawn, invite neighbors for pool parties, the whole 9 yards. Just because you have an unexcepted fetish to the majority of the public doesn't mean you can't live a normal life.

I think your questions is a helleva lot more normal than most people realize. A lot of people jump into these forums expecting couples who do nothing but have orgies and meetups across country in clandestine fashion. But the reality is that I'd say 90% of people who are into the zoo lifestyle are exactly as you describe. Maybe not the 'Leave it to Beaver' scenario but you sure as hell won't recognize them if you passed them on the street.

I’m going to stand up and say possibly Yes, because it’s a bit consuming. However this might be due to having a none interested partner and therefore it has no choice other then to remain a fantasy. I would love to meet and have a coffee / chat with a uk girl, the problem is most have a doggy-boyfriend and therefore simply content

I wanted that at one point, Then I grew up. It's better to be honest with yourself about what you really want in life and more of the usual holds no appeal for me.

I don't know what is a normal life. I just want a crocodile partner, stability and generally feel happy. All the rest is just means to gain it: friends to talk to and discuss problems, a suitable house in a predictable country (at leas as predictable as it gets, there is no such thing unfortunately), some hobbies not to get depressed, a work I would like to do, so I would avoid it less. What is a normal life? Does that count?

Yes! To be honest, I think I have a normal life. I have a little house with things I like, I have a car that generally will start...and I make enough money to pay for my needs and some of my wants. I have a few friends I like to meet out for cocktails, I enjoy reading and relaxing. I like the beach and the sun. I think my life is pretty normal!

oh yeah, I have a German Shepard that mounts me...maybe not normal for everyone, but it is normal for me

That part where you say you have a car that generally will start... touched my heart, my car is doing awfull at starting up lol

But now in the real topic, i do have a normal life, i even have finished my career

That sounds like my kind of normal! Except I do the mounting!

Back