Any downsides for rural homes that potential pet owners should know?

i never "called you names" and don't see why should i (you did, multiple times) nor did i ever try to push "czechian rural areas". actually, i can even repeat that i never claimed any stance on what living location is the best, you did. as an absolute no less.
enjoy your meltdown. do you always get one when someone doesn't agree with you?

i never "called you names" and don't see why should i (you did, multiple times) nor did i ever try to push "czechian rural areas". actually, i can even repeat that i never claimed any stance on what living location is the best, you did. as an absolute no less.
enjoy your meltdown. do you always get one when someone doesn't agree with you?
Well, it happens that I clawed my way to a level of education beyond that of a primitive cave man. I got to my present level of eloquence and literacy AFTER I had already wandered literally barefoot out of a swamp not knowing the difference between a parking deck and a space ship. If I have any degree of education beyond that of a rooinek, then it is because I fought for it, and I deserve it. If I have a richer vocabulary than the blithering idiots you hang out with here, then I worked my ass off to earn it.

But you wouldn't be the first blithering idiot that was so goddamn sure that they were going to prove that I was a privileged white suburban yuppie child from Connecticut preaching bullshit out of a mass-produced SJW manual. Stand in line, motherfucker: you're not the only piece of worthless garbage out there that wants a piece of me.

I deserve to speak with the language skills that I do. I earned that right. I did not have it spoon-fed to me. I crawled and labored for that right. I learned these words while sitting homeless and barefoot in coffee shops where I was allowed to stay because they assumed I was just stoned and therefore one of them, and I paid for what little I had by working at whatever odd jobs I could get without the social grooming you would need to become a full-time W2 employee. I worked my ass off, so in the end, I had enough customers that I lived better than most W2 employees that earned minimum wage. That's because most W2 employees would not use the full strength of their bodies to rip a tree stump out of of the ground with their bare hands and a shovel the length of their forearm, but I would!

On occasions when I had opportunity to sit on my ass, though, I was not playing video games or playing with guns. I was becoming literate. I was reading everything that I could get my hands on. I was using my status as a part-time student to access databases where I read about everything from economics to neurobiology. Even though I didn't even have a pair of shoes in my possession for a lot of that time, I found time to get as much education as I possibly could. I often bought textbooks instead of food, and I lived off of creamers and packets of sugar that I stole from coffee kiosks.

And I don't see that as a period of suffering for me. I was joyful during that period of my life. I was intellectually ambitious and independent, and I was free. I was free from the drama and the violence and the lies and the corruption of the benighted place that I had escaped from, and I was intensely proud of who I was.

So you are darn tootin', I use bigger words than you and the pentagram-waving phonies on here that you pathetically worship. I own that right, and I deserve that right.

This would be the second time you stepped into a conversation I was in to make a snipe at me.

While I am not without my shortcomings, I think you should learn to make your own judgments about people instead of listening to what some pathetic Boomer piece of shit has to say about me.

I had previously shown you nothing but kindness and hospitality, and in spite of my shortcomings, I had never really born any ill-will toward you.

And what that tells me is that you have been listening to what some other piece of garbage has to say about me.

I've got more independence and self-sufficiency in my pinkie finger than you have in your entire body, and I am older than your entire country.

You also would not be the first person that I have met from eastern or central Europe. I have never been there, but I know enough about your part of the world you are not going to be the person that enlightens me on your personal views. I have heard differing opinions about your little country. The only place there I'd voluntarily live for the long-term is Ostrava. Prague is even more overrated than Paris.

But I see you sniping at me in spite of the fact that I have attempted to show you nothing but kindness. Although I would be petrified of a contest of character where the only things that counted were people's shortcomings, what it sounds like to me is that you have been listening to somebody else's opinions about me.

I'll tell you what really happened. That pathetic pentagram-waving idiot was carrying on about how much contempt he had toward me because of what perceived my age to be, and was in high style talking about how everybody that disagreed with him was a stupid teenage child that had never learned how to do anything except jerk off. He was being as ageist as Hell, and he was playing the "I am older and more experienced than you" card against somebody that was really closer to his own age than he had assumed. One day, I finally got tired of his constant bullying, I had a lot left to do in my day, and I responded to one of his long-winded ageist rants by saying simply, "OK Boomer." After that, that pathetic idiot spent months harassing me everywhere he found me, and he would jump on any opportunity he found to try to attack me and anyone I was friends with.

The only reason I typed that short response was that every single horse had had to come in that day, and I was bone tired and cranky. That turdmonkey decided to get all butt-hurt over it as if he himself were as white as snow.

I've seen you acting toward that piece of shit like a submissive toady. You are nothing but a Czechian Heelerhund that follows at the heels of arrogant self-righteous bozos and yaps at people from behind their legs.

And I say that "country life" is overrated because "country life" is actually overrated. It's always been overrated.

There are good places that have sparse populations, but just because you can point to one that doesn't suck doesn't mean that you should proclaim that sparsity of settlement implies a higher quality of life.

Just because you can point to a counter-example to my own experience does not mean that my experience did not come closer than your counter-example to reflecting general reality.

If you can think of a counter-example, then good for you, but that does not make what I said any less generally true.

so, that's a "yes" on the "do you get meltdowns" question? i mean, it did spark a wall of mostly projection and an apparent belief that someone told me about you or even sent me after you? who's that someone? i have literally noone on this forum.

whatever even gave you the impression that i have anything against you as a person? i don't know you (and from what i'm seeing, i'd very much like to keep it that way), i don't even recall any interaction with you before. all i did and still stand by it is stating that "urban folk have more busy life than rural ones" is not true. one's life is as busy as they make it, not where they choose to live. that made you not only derail this thread into oblivion, but also insult me, attack my person and my country. luckily for you, words don't hurt me (like they do you, apparently) so i won't even report you (well, before you edit it out like you did with the kinda weird "ostrava/evil grin" bit). at least i think personal attacks are a no-no here...

i'm not gonna "argue" with a random internet person who probably think they're THE shit, because they "earned" it anymore. enjoy life in your city that's also a forest (congratulate your dungeon master for that, it's probably very realistic). i'm out.

I have lived in rural areas, and I have lived in urban areas. It is also mainstream wisdom that people in cities live more hurried lives, and life in rural areas goes at a slower pace.

It is also a scientific fact that a busy city tends to make you happier!

Therefore, you have learned something new today: rural life blows, and the culture is a dumpster fire.
Cities tend to have a lot of wealth which might make people happier, but I much prefer rural living. The rural areas can be more conservative though, which does suck. Totally disagree with SigmaToZeta though that rural living blows. It's pretty great if you have the wealth to go with it. My sensitive ears tend to give me no end of agony with traffic noise though and there is no room for horses in the city so they don't do well there either. Overall cities aren't high on my places to like other than that they have a lot of wealth which is better for employment

Cities tend to have a lot of wealth which might make people happier, but I much prefer rural living. The rural areas can be more conservative though, which does suck. Totally disagree with SigmaToZeta though that rural living blows. It's pretty great if you have the wealth to go with it. My sensitive ears tend to give me no end of agony with traffic noise though and there is no room for horses in the city so they don't do well there either. Overall cities aren't high on my places to like other than that they have a lot of wealth which is better for employment
Durham is one of the quietest cities in the country with Raleigh not being very much noisier, and I think that the tendency of people in my area to be quieter than most city people tends to affect my judgment. I really can imagine that I would have issues coping with a constant cacophony, and I can actually get aggressive over people nearby playing loud music, which doesn't happen here.

However, I would ask you whether you distinguish much between an exurban area, which is detached and sparsely populated but economically dependent on a larger metro area, and a more self-contained rural area. Many exurban areas have inexpensive land, but the populace tends to be relatively educated. I could picture myself adjusting well to an exurban area.

I guess that, for me, it is important to have educated and like-minded people for company. I don't mean to sound like I am closed-minded about people, but sometimes, I run into people that have a very strong anti-intellectual mindset, and I find it irritating. One of the turn-ons of the city, for me, is that, when I tell someone, "Geez, Bezos just sold off some Amazon stock and put it into Blue Origin again," they not only understand what I am talking about but can have a diversity of educated opinion about it. I can picture having those kinds of conversations in an exurban area but not really in a self-contained rural area that has relatively little interaction with the mainstream economy.

Last edited:
@nekdoneco123

Congratulations! You found out I was weird! I sure tried to hide it from you, but you were so perceptive, you saw right through me!

From now on, I am going to call you the "Czechian Heelerhund." I like that name for you. Move along, submissive man.

@nekdoneco123

Congratulations! You found out I was weird! I sure tried to hide it from you, but you were so perceptive, you saw right through me!

From now on, I am going to call you the "Czechian Heelerhund." I like that name for you. Move along, submissive man.
this right here is why i think you get the impression that i'm working with someone to "get you" or whatever... you come off as a wannabe celebrity (narcisistic might be a better word). just the notion that you probably think i even care you just gave me a pet name? who the hell do you think you are?
also, not wanting to argue with internet nobody is totally the submissive thing to do... do carry on with your most likely very sad life. if mere words can make you act like this, i'd rather not know how do you act around real people. i feel sorry for you.

Back