Any downsides for rural homes that potential pet owners should know?

CML-Nihil

Tourist
So one of my long term goals is to one day get a dog to look after and I was curious about the benefits and detriments of certain locations. I would assume that animals in general prefer the natural environment more than an sub/urban area. With that in mind, I was looking to to see if there’s anything of note that would be problematic in a rural setting that would be detrimental to a dog’s overall health. For example, rural locations generally have a less developed infrastructure which could potentially lead to issues when it comes to trying to find a veterinarian to meet with. Would there be anything else in addition to this?

Long commute to work, depending on where you live road conditions could get bad in the winter, if services go out and it takes a while for them to get put back on, less chance of neighbors bothering you though

@CML-Nihil

A dog's natural environment is around humans, literally. They literally coevolved with us. Our alliance with dogs was what helped us beat the neanderthals, who were actually impressive rivals for human dominance on Earth: they were stoutly built, smart, and crafty, and modern research shows they might have even been smarter than us.

The alliance was actually startlingly simple but effective: dogs would run alongside herds of large herbivores while yapping at the top of their lungs and counting coup with the dangerous beasts, and the cacophony, which made the relatively small carnivores seem more threatening than they actually were, would drive them to stampede. The usefulness of this ploy, by the dogs, was that some of the more clumsy members of the herd would get injured as a consequence by stumbling over gullies and rocks and other obstructions. However, humans had the useful ability to build traps, such as deadfalls, and had the ability to actually close the kill a lot more effectively than a dog. The combination of hunting strategies by humans and dogs led to us having an extreme overabundance of food, which made our species stronger, in the long run, than the neanderthals.

In other words, your dog is evolved to simply be your comrade in arms. You could live in a high-rise apartment, but as long as you took your fur-spouse on routine jogs around the area, that dog would be happy.

I would want to live anywhere that had easy access to hiking trails, urban greenways, or sidewalks running through picturesque historic districts. Urban scenery is actually a great source of stimulation for your dog, and it makes for a great opportunity to socialize your dog with other dogs.

Rural areas are not terrible, but on the other hand, I would caution you against a false sense of security: if your dog does not see roads every day and understand how dangerous cars are, then on the day when your dog actually did stumble upon a road, especially at night, then that would be the end of the line for your dog, probably. Many rural dogs die because their owners assume incorrectly that "fewer roads = safer dogs," but this is actually contradictory to animal reasoning: all animals learn to deal very effectively with things that are a routine and familiar part of their lives a lot more easily than with unfamiliar parts of their lives. Raccoons are a great example:

Urban raccoons actually teach their young how to use traffic crossings. This is not proof that the raccoons are "smart" because raccoons are still imbeciles when it comes to dealing with less routine aspects of their existence. These urban raccoons deal with traffic lights every day, so they could figure out a traffic crossing with barely more than two neurons to rub together. It's not hard for them because it's a part of their everyday lives.

Rural areas are really a lot more dangerous, not in spite of fewer roads but because there are fewer roads, so the tempting idea of a "free-roaming dog in the Land of Agraria" is really a misguided one that would leave you with a trail of tears from lovers who have gotten turned into road-pizza for no reason except the fact that you came down with a profoundly false sense of security.

My suggestion is a simple one: whether you choose a "rural" area or a small liberal city (which I suggest) or a full-blown skyscraper rain forest, I earnestly suggest that you make absolutely sure that you have plenty of places where you can SAFELY run with your dog ON A LEASH. In fact, I would suggest shopping for homes literally based on how close you would be to a beautiful jogging route, and I would be a strong advocate for choosing a route that takes you through a mixture of hiking trails, park areas, historic districts, and areas with local businesses where you can meet other people and their dogs.

Life around humans is a dog's natural habitat. That does not mean that you have to live in an urban area, but on the other hand, dogs have appreciated being around human civilization of some kind or another for thousands of years. They LOVE humans. We are not just their friends, but we and they have literally evolved to live in symbiotry with one another.

My strongest suggestion would be a quiet neighborhood in a small, educated, liberal city, with a population between 100,000 and 300,000, with a university as one of its main social centers. Pick one that has beautiful coffee shops and grills with good outdoor seating and a pretty historic district with some century-old bungalows.

Finally, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A GOOD EMERGENCY VETERINARIAN. Try to live within walking distance if possible in case your car breaks down. It sucks more than you can possibly comprehend to have a crisis with your animal's health and to have to wait until the start of business hours to do anything about it except cry and sob. You could lose your job due to having stayed up through the night and then not being worth a damn the next day and breaking an irreplaceable piece of equipment and possibly injuring a coworker. Being able to quickly drive your lover out to an emergency vet and then go home and sleep and then be worth something at work could save your job, which is something you need in order to provide for your fur-spouse. Emergency vet access is a VERY BIG DEAL.

Having Rural Dogs.

Let's see.. Snakes, Skunks, Raccoons, Opossum, foxes and rabbits. all of whom come with their own disease's Including nasty shit like Distemper, Parvo and rabies. don't forget Roads are only a single Danger to rural dogs.
the next MOST hazardous thing for a Rural dog, is Other Rural dogs & their gun toting owners.
they still shoot nuisance dogs in the country.
and lastly, Blood Sucking parasite insects.

Yes. Animals can be a problem depending on the size of the dog. Insects are another issue. Use good flea and tick meds and some sort of repellent. For me Missouri is a battle ground of chiggers and seed ticks along with copperheads. I use a 22 with snake shot for them. One more problem is depending on who’s living near by when the season comes round.
Make sure your dogs have orange on when deer hunting becomes prominent. I can not stress that enough. It happens and happens to often for me to get complacent.

You will have to give your dog a monthly dewormer pill, one that is guaranteed to protect from heartworms. Yearly vaccinations are a must or you will run the risk of your dog getting rabies. If you keep him outside then you will need to build a dog house, and put fresh straw and blankets in it for the winter. Keep the dog house in the shade. You also need to inspect the dog house in the spring to spray for wasps and spiders. Seeing to it that your dog gets plenty of water can be a challenge. You will need a large pot or a trough; a simple dog bowl will not cut it for water in the summer. Make sure that your dog has a collar or he is liable to get shot. Other than that you should be fine. Dogs who grow up outside love to be outside. Dogs who spend most of their time inside usually prefer to be inside most of the time. Just like people, they get spoiled on air conditioning.

We are very rural. We have three boys, hens and a cat. The huge benefit is that we have miles of open countryside to explore. Our boys are medi-checked every year for worms and ticks. They love the open spaces and we're right on the coast too, so they get to swim and generally have fun. I take one of them for long runs; he's very happy with a twelve-mile run.
They have their own room and garden too. So, they have outdoor access all the time. I clean their teeth every two days; they have a shower every time we've been in the sea (salt strips out everything good in their fur). I brush them every day, using a fine wire brush, just in case.
Because we are so remote, they are rarely on a leash. I get to wear a choke-chain though (not for the boys, they are very well trained!).

Yes. Animals can be a problem depending on the size of the dog. Insects are another issue. Use good flea and tick meds and some sort of repellent. For me Missouri is a battle ground of chiggers and seed ticks along with copperheads. I use a 22 with snake shot for them. One more problem is depending on who’s living near by when the season comes round.
Make sure your dogs have orange on when deer hunting becomes prominent. I can not stress that enough. It happens and happens to often for me to get complacent.

I'm Just South of ya Buddy, In Arkansas...

I live in the exurbs, so not quite rural, but I still have to deal with a few of the same drawbacks as rural folks. Skunks and other wildlife are a pain, my husky got sprayed through the fence last year. Twice. Ugh. @Bigpaws_Bear gave a good list of things to watch out for.

Another downside to country life is that country people are busybodies. In urban areas, whenever you see a dead body, you just step around it to avoid tripping over it like everybody else. It's not that you don't care in theory, but you have too much going on in your own life to deal with somebody else's drama that is none of your business. Country people are bored, and bored people are like bored horses.

Bored horses get into no end of trouble.

Last edited:
I forgot to add bears. It’s the second time I seen him on the property. If my boy was here this time round we would of had some problems. Will see how this plays out when I finally bed down here

Another downside to country life is that country people are busybodies. In urban areas, whenever you see a dead body, you just step around it to avoid tripping over it like everybody else. It's not that you don't care in theory, but you have too much going on in your own life to deal with somebody else's drama that is none of your business. Country people are bored, and bored people are like bored horses.

Bored horses get into no end of trouble.
this is probably the dumbest thing i read today.. where you live has no bearing on how busy your life is.

this is probably the dumbest thing i read today.. where you live has no bearing on how busy your life is.
I have lived in rural areas, and I have lived in urban areas. It is also mainstream wisdom that people in cities live more hurried lives, and life in rural areas goes at a slower pace.

It is also a scientific fact that a busy city tends to make you happier!

Therefore, you have learned something new today: rural life blows, and the culture is a dumpster fire.

Last edited:
I have lived in rural areas, and I have lived in urban areas. It is also mainstream wisdom that people in cities live more hurried lives, and life in rural areas goes at a slower pace.

It is also a scientific fact that a busy city tends to make you happier!

Therefore, you have learned something new today: rural life blows, and the culture is a dumpster fire.
yes, i did learn a new thing today: engaging you makes even dumber stuff come out.
what the fuck even is "rural culture"? are you one of those "fine" city folk who think we villagers all have 6 hens, 14 rabbits and can't count to ten?

yes, i did learn a new thing today: engaging you makes even dumber stuff come out.
what the fuck even is "rural culture"? are you one of those "fine" city folk who think we villagers all have 6 hens, 14 rabbits and can't count to ten?
It was more like a ghetto without the luxuries and amenities of a concomitant civilization. And drugs. Lots of drugs. We had drive-by shootings in a town that had a population of about a thousand, another in a smaller neighboring town. Idiots would drive through with bass speakers roaring so load that any pictures you had hanging on the wall would rattle.

But we had a popular hunting club. I think it was really a front for a ring of child rapers, though.

The life expectancy was lower than usual for a rural area.

I am offering scientific proof for what I say. All you have done so far is talk smack. Back up what you say, or shut up.

It is a fact of science that rural life generally tends to suck. Just because you can name an exception does not mean it isn't generally true.

It was more like a ghetto without the luxuries and amenities of a concomitant civilization. And drugs. Lots of drugs. We had drive-by shootings in a town that had a population of about a thousand, another in a smaller neighboring town. Idiots would drive through with bass speakers roaring so load that any pictures you had hanging on the wall would rattle.

But we had a popular hunting club. I think it was really a front for a ring of child rapers, though.
let me guess, us of a? might wanna check how rural areas are in the rest of the world sometimes...
life expectancy relates to any of this how?
I am offering scientific proof for what I say.
you are offering nothing of any "scientific value". one sensationalist-esque article and purely subjective "i just think cities rule"
All you have done so far is talk smack. Back up what you say, or shut up.
i have literally nothing to back up, i never even claimed any stance whatever rural or urban living feels better to me. you're the one who came here with a bunch of subjective bs (because that's what this all boils down to, what anyone prefers) written as an absolute and i called you out on it, not my problem you can't deal with it.
It is a fact of science that rural life generally tends to suck..
i'd totally love to read a paper that concludes with "yes, rural life sucks".
Just because you can name an exception does not mean it isn't generally true.
the irony in you being all "but my town had drive-by shootings" in the same reply didn't strike you while writing this? you do realize not all towns have those, right?

the thing is, you seem to not understand that "rural vs urban living" can't be described in absolutes (as in one being always better than the other), because it's subjective. i mean, if city life was the bees knees of living there wouldn't be many rural-dwellers now, would be?

let me guess, us of a? might wanna check how rural areas are in the rest of the world sometimes...

life expectancy relates to any of this how?

you are offering nothing of any "scientific value". one sensationalist-esque article and purely subjective "i just think cities rule"

i have literally nothing to back up, i never even claimed any stance whatever rural or urban living feels better to me. you're the one who came here with a bunch of subjective bs (because that's what this all boils down to, what anyone prefers) written as an absolute and i called you out on it, not my problem you can't deal with it.

i'd totally love to read a paper that concludes with "yes, rural life sucks".

the irony in you being all "but my town had drive-by shootings" in the same reply didn't strike you while writing this? you do realize not all towns have those, right?

the thing is, you seem to not understand that "rural vs urban living" can't be described in absolutes (as in one being always better than the other), because it's subjective. i mean, if city life was the bees knees of living there wouldn't be many rural-dwellers now, would be?

getting off topic much?

I am offering scientific proof for what I say. All you have done so far is talk smack. Back up what you say, or shut up.

It is a fact of science that rural life generally tends to suck. Just because you can name an exception does not mean it isn't generally true.
You must of lived in some bad areas then. I enjoy where my property is and the people are nice. Works for me.

You must of lived in some bad areas then. I enjoy where my property is and the people are nice. Works for me.
I was responding to that pillock. Ignore it. I was a fool to react to him.

@CML-Nihil I am also firmly of the opinion that dogs that have more involved owners tend to be happier. In my area, there are actually workplaces that allow people to bring their dogs to work with them, including mine. While mine happens to be some stables, some of those dog-friendly workplaces are high tech marketing firms, for instance. Dogs tend to be anxious when they are bored, and they should really not be left alone for long periods of time.

Rather than thinking in terms of what the "natural environment" for the dog is, I would be thinking of what the most natural relationship with you is, for the dog. During most of the dog's evolution, you were not away from home for long periods of time and only interested for an hour or so in the evening before doing some chores and then falling to sleep, but the dog LIVED at your heels and acted as your bodyguard, your game-flusher, your retriever, your spokesperson, and your helper. The dog was not just a pet, but the dog worked as hard as you and felt proud of that fact. There have been very few times, in their history, when a dog was expected to stay at home as an inanimate mannequin for most of the day, and this kind of life is confusing to a dog.

Therefore, when shopping for homes, I would start writing down ideas for things to actually do with the dog, whether it's going swimming together at a local lake, running down greenways, or picnicking at local parks.

I was wrong to get too caught up in talking about whether urban or rural life is better. I think that a better answer would be, I don't really think it's the number of people that live there that matters, but it's how many opportunities you can find for making your dog a valid and involved part of your life. I am actually a little bit embarrassed that I got as focused as I did on whether it was a rural area or an urban area because, for the question of what's best for a dog, I don't think that's really the most important consideration. The most important consideration, in my opinion, is whether you go through an area and can pick out ten different fun places to go with your dog within the first fifteen minutes of being there. I would ask that question, rather than how many people are there.

I hope that that turns out to be a less divisive answer.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your detailed and considerate responses @SigmatoZeta
You definitely challenged many of my thoughts. I live a relatively busy area currently and I guess I just made what I thought were reasonable conclusions in light of this. I definitely figured for example that less roads and cars would be safer, but I see how that can be a hasty assumption. In a similar sense, I assumed that the busy hubbub of city life would actually lead to a more anxiety inducing environment for an animal since there’s just so much happening constantly. I’m still in a relatively weak financial state currently so I have no interest in taking on an important role such as this, so I’ll have plenty of time to look more into this topic going forward. I think the most useful thing you helped me realize was that I was making a lot of assumptions, those really aren’t helpful for making informed decisions. Thank you again.

Just note, it is true that a lot of noise is a problem for a dog.

I am lucky because I live in a city that has dense forest and enough rising and falling terrain that any given part of the city is amazingly quiet, since noise is absorbed by the hills and the trees. I stand out in my back yard, and I hear almost nothing. It is a city, but it is also a forest. It does not stop being a forest just because people choose to live in it.

So I think you were right about the noise concern.

@CML-Nihil i forgot to add one thing and i'm not sure how it varies in different countries, but here in czech republic there was (in some places still is) a problem with field owners using some poison to get rid of vermin. there were some cases of domestic animals dying, because they came in contact with a poisoned carcass (usually someone walking their dog without leash in the fields). might be something worth looking into if you decide to go rural.

getting off topic much?
yeah, sorry. calling out nonsense is just too tempting sometimes... and him/her getting more and more convoluted (we got from who's more busy to life expectancy for some reason) was just kindling for me to continue
Right? Why can’t we all just get along lmao :gsd_tired:
it's actually very easy to get along, don't make bs claims under the guise of eloquency or of them being "science" and we're gucci.... i mean, now he/she lives in a city that's also a forest and i'm the pillock apparently :ROFLMAO:

And by the way, the city of Atlanta, Georgia, which has been largely responsible for Georgia's "blue drift," is still very famous for being a "city in a forest." Even though much of the city's original tree canopy was cut away during the late 20th Century, Atlanta still has a tree canopy cover of about 49% as of the most recent measurement that I can find. Atlanta is therefore one of the most beautiful cities in the United States of America. They also have one of the world's best hard rock scenes.

On the other hand, Durham, NC, which is near me, is ranked as one of the quietest cities in the entire country. My husband actually moved there from Miami for several reasons, one of them being the art scene but the most important one being the amazingly quiet atmosphere of Durham. The neighborhoods there there are largely peaceful.

I think that many people that gravitate toward rural areas can have a rather romanticized idea of life in the countryside, and as somebody that has experienced both incredibly loud rural areas and incredibly peaceful cities in my lifetime, I can attest from first-hand experience that those romanticized notions do not really hold water in real life.

If my own first-hand experience isn't good enough, then we can talk in science facts. Science facts prove the same thing as my experience, though. Admittedly, my own experience is really exaggerated extremes of unusually terrible rural areas and unusually good urban areas, but in spite of that fact, those experiences also helped me to accept the fact that romanticized beliefs about "country living" really do not hold water.

In all of my life, the only places where I have ever heard gunshots, from weapons that were actually being fired at people, was in a town that had a population of about 1,000.

And by the way, the police in those areas are more aggressive and more racist: they will pull people over and search their vehicles for no reason at all, claiming those searches are "random," but the people being searched are always people that have the appearance of being Hispanic American. In practice, they usually are not really Hispanic American at all where I come from, but they are descended at least partly from the same Native Americans that have been living in the area for thousands of years, now only to get called "illegal immigrants" in the same countries that their ancestors had lived in long before ours had gotten here.

1606024359065.png

Hah, and oddly, the cops there don't bother black people as much as they do the Native Americans. The cops have an exaggerated idea of how many Hispanic Americans have moved to the area, so instead of pulling over a lot of Spanish-speaking people, they pull over Native Americans, leading to the Native Americans there feeling constantly annoyed and harassed. If I were treated like them, I'd be a chain-smoker because that would be the only way I could deal with it.

I just can't get over it. The entire myth of "peaceful rural life" is one of the most toxic fantasies in our entire culture. It is baseless. Therefore, damn right, I am going to open my mouth to contradict that bullshit.

I think it's ironic that the most mentally retarded people on here think they are going to "call me out" based on the fact that I myself am calling out one of the biggest whoppers in history.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was right about rural areas, said through the words of Sherlock Holmes: "They always fill me with a certain horror. It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside."

"But the reason is very obvious. The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard’s blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at these lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."

The knowledge that the idea of "idyllic country life" is a load of bullshit has been known, by every comprehensively educated human being in the western world, for centuries, and that myth is no less of a made-up load of hooey now than it was in the time of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Doyle was not blind to how dirty London was at the time: he commented routinely on how filthy the air was. The fact that he continuously belabored the subject is one of the reasons why they eventually did something about the air quality in London.

Also, something that zoophiles need to know is that police, in urban areas, tend to be substantially less likely to arrest you based on made-up crimes, even ones that are on the books, because they have their hands full dealing with break-ins, illegal street racing, and occasional murders. They are not bored enough to waste time on petty bullshit. Dealing with problems that are actually problems is not something exceptional in their lives, but it is a part of the steady flow of their occupations. They don't care if you stay at home and quietly smoke marijuana: they care if you smoke marijuana and then scream at people drunkenly from your balcony because it makes you irritating. In most cities, people that quietly mind their own damn business, even zoophiles, are usually not treated as criminals. People have too much else going on in their lives.

I have seen more of actual nature, since moving to a small educated city, than I ever did in a sparsely populated rural area...

...because I did not live in "nature" in that sparsely populated rural area. I lived surrounded on all sides by a gigantic pine tree plantation owned by either International Paper or people that sold to International Paper. The trees were planted in rows, and logging trucks would trundle into them periodically to cut them down. That was not "nature": that was a crop. Besides that, I was allergic to the god-awful things, which resulted in teachers treating me like a mentally ill stooge for my entire upbringing because I was in a constant congested funk and short-fused due to the damn allergy. People there were obsessed with sport, but I could barely breathe, much less run a mile...

...but where I live now, there is more natural diversity, so there is not such a dense concentration of one specific species that it could set me off into a histamine-induced rage. There are several species of oaks, multifarious different conifers to include junipers, poplars, tulip poplars, deodar cedars, maples, red maples, and that's just what I can see out my damn window.

And the lakes there, hooboy! Did you know that, when you literally see pig-shit floating on the surface of a lake, you are not really allowed to call it pig shit, even though it smells like pig shit and looks like pig shit? It's not pig shit, but "It's an algal bloom. We get them once in a while." It didn't look like algae to me: it looked like pig shit. However, enough people in the area worked on hog farms that they would spread this myth that the shit that would flow out into the waterways, due to their sub-regulation ill-maintained lagoons, was not really shit, so their sources of livelihood wouldn't get shut down. Therefore, because everybody was obligated to believe this myth and accept that there was some bizarre species of algae that literally looked like pig shit (because it actually was pig shit) and smelled like pig shit (because it actually was pig shit), they would send their children out to swim and play in lakes covered in pig shit.

In all of the time that I spent living in one of those places, which stupid people try to bill as "a beautiful agrarian paradise like the Garden of Edan," I spent most of that time in a misanthropic rage. I hated the human race, and I wonder if that was related to why I ended up being attracted to animals. Being surrounded by those overgrown baboons is what led me to believe, for a while, that I could never be attracted to a human being. After all, what sane person would ever be attracted to such an ugly personality? "How can humans even stand themselves?" I thought. Maybe that's what made me a zoophile. I grew up around the slack-jawed descendants of violent child-rapers and their victims.

Also, did you realize that people that use dogs to hunt deer barely care at all if their dogs live or die? The dogs are treated more like a disposable crop than like anything living. They come down with diseases and die horribly from those diseases, and there is no emotion from the hunters. They say, "Well, those are working animals." Meanwhile, a dog is clearly dying of cancer, and they do nothing to either stop the cancer or to alleviate that dog's suffering. They won't even give the dog a sedative. They don't care a rat's ass about those animals. Those heartless thugs don't own dogs because of a love for dogs. They do not have the capacity for love. Their souls are dead. The souls of those punks were already sucking Satan's dick in Hell because they sure don't act like people that have souls in my goddamn experience. The way that deer-hunters treated their dogs was one of the reasons why I realized I never wanted to go near those people ever again. When those savages were unhappy with one of their dogs, then they would kick them, drag them violently by the scruffs of their necks, and throw them about like rag dolls. They did not care whether a dog was healthy except to whatever extent it affected that dog's ability to run. They would let highly aggressive male dogs fight until they were covered in permanent scars and notches before doing anything to separate them, and it was not the fault of those male dogs: they lived in deprived and claustrophobic environments, and they were constantly stressed out and therefore aggressive. Those motherfuckers were a lot of things, but they were not really dog people.

Oh, I cannot wait for lab-grown burgers and french fries to rip big ag a new asshole. I want to see those benighted areas torn down for good and turned into nature preserves. When big ag dies, I think that the government ought to buy up the property and make it back into a habitat for the nearly extinct animals that were forced out by it.

Here is what I already know about people that have dreams of taking children out into the deep woods:

And that is just what they do in an organization that has at least some amount of bureaucracy and oversight. In a virtually unregulated sport that takes place on land that the paper company or people that sell to the paper company rents out cheap, just to pay the property tax, at private hunting clubs far away from the prying eyes of any international bureaucracy or government, where partly skinned deer carcasses hang by their hind-feet from hooks because the hunters got too drunk to finish the job, do you really think that there is nothing there except purity and innocence?

Maybe my perception of rural areas has been tainted based on the fact that I have only seen the worst case scenario during my upbringing and then escaped into an unusually pleasant educated metro area. I can acknowledge that my first-hand experience is not the be all, end all of all knowledge. I can acknowledge that my experience alone might have been merely a fluke.

However, when I look at the scientific statistical evidence, I am led to believe that the area that I had the profound misfortune of growing up in cannot possibly be unique. If I wrote a novel based on the environment that I grew up in, then I would have to write a Southern gothic novel like William Faulkner, and that poor sot drank until his liver was harder than a boulder.

@nekdoneco123 So go ahead, and call me names. Tell people how you are going to "call me out" and "expose" me.

I will tell you what I am: I am somebody that literally wandered out of the swamp barefoot, and the majority of the information that had entered my consciousness, besides the rooinek imbecility I grew up surrounded by, was written by science fiction and fantasy authors. I was naive about anything that went on in the real world. In spite of my intelligence, I was profoundly ignorant. If there is anything about me at all that distinguishes me from a racist and misogynistic redneck dumbass, then that is a difference in me that I fought for against almost impossible odds.

I bet you thought that anybody that didn't think like you was a privileged, angsty, yuppie piece of shit that grew up in a suburb being brainwashed with SJW verses from their SJW bibles, where they learn about their white privilege and how peaceful and nice Muslims are.

I bet you are one of those pieces of shit from Europe that treat Muslims like they are barely human, but you don't mind gleefully smearing us Americans for our own racism problems. We have a lot of immigrants in our country, too, and it's been a struggle to assimilate all of them without them clashing with the people that already lived here. It's called "climate change," motherfucker. I have talked to plenty of self-righteous Europeans that expect me to believe that their racism is okay because Muslims are such uniquely different human beings from the Latin American immigrants that we have gotten so saturated with that our babies have now officially become a minority group. Before throwing eggs at the United States, I suggest you deal with your own shit.

I know a few more things about Eastern Europe you don't know I know. For example, you self-righteous punks treat Roma people like they are barely human. You do nothing to adapt your education systems to help improve their level of education, but then throw eggs at them for being uneducated and acting uneducated. I also know that your piece of shit rural areas are not any better than ours. However, this is especially true in Romania, which I happen to know--from knowing people that live there--can be just as backwards of a fucking loo as any of the states, commonwealths, or territories of the United States of America. I already know rural areas can be pieces of shit, but Romania's rural areas really take the fucking cake. The only rural areas where you can feel safe are the ones where the fucking Muslims live, and in spite of their cultural faults, the Muslims at least have a sense of law and order. I'd like to see a few things about their culture improve, but of they can figure out it's not really okay to break into somebody else's house to steal their silver, they are more civilized than my former neighbors.

I also happen to know that the anti-LGBT attitudes in Russia have been spreading like cancer in every country that touches them. From what I have heard, Czechian thugs have been adopting the same anti-LGBT postures as the ones that have spread from Russia into Poland. That reactionary plague has been spreading through your fucking continent faster than COVID-19, and what that plague is going to do, wherever it takes root, is elevate thuggish reactionary piece of shit corrupted politicians that will send your country's culture so far down the crapper you won't be able to afford a plumber willing to drag you out of it. In Europe, you have become so smug and self-righteous about how much more civilized you are than us dumb Americans that you have problems of your own creeping up on you. Your very narcissism has made you complacent.

Therefore, I am not deceived into thinking that your rural areas live up to the rosy reputation of rural areas just because they happen to be located within the national borders of the same country as Prague and Ostara. I applaud those cities for having many dignifying qualities, but the retarded rednecks in your country are just as slack-jawed and thuggish and seedy as the ones in mine.

It amazes me that you think that you are going to "call me out" when you have not done anything whatsoever to substantiate your point-of-view besides mock my nationality, insult my intelligence, and make a hilarious attempt to ridicule me for being "eloquent."

@nekdoneco123 I have got some news for you: Europe is as much of a loo as the United States, and if you pasty-faced cheese-eating punks don't start paying attention to problems starting to come up on your own continent, rather than egging our continent for its faults, then you are going to have a full-fledged crisis on your hands. It was within the lifetimes of your oldest citizens that you were the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, and after that, you lived under a single party communist state until I was 6 years old. Your country, as a democratic and independent nation that is not under the control of either the Reichstag or the Kremlin, is six years younger than I am, and your divorce agreement with Slovakia is seven years younger than I am. If you keep on throwing eggs at Americans instead of minding your own beeswax, then you're going to have another crisis on your hands.

It sure is rich that you are claiming that you are calling ME out. You poor pepik. You have been listening to a retarded imbecile that is still mad at me because I called him out as a self-righteous Boomer. That idiot claims he ignores me, but he stalks my posts on here and invariably jumps into my threads, at some point, to deliver taunts toward me and anybody that apparently has good relations with me.

Yes, you are one of the legion useless idiots that have been certain that they were going to call me out.

I never claimed that all rural areas were the same, but what I was saying about rural areas is generally true, most of the time. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle explained the simple reason why in substantially more eloquent language than I, and he was right.

Give it up, @nekdoneco123. Nobody is going to believe that there is something unique or special about Czechia's rural areas, except that mentally retarded pentagram-waving clown that you submissively follow around like a good little Pepik Heelhound. You bozos are two peas in a pod, and neither of you can resist an opportunity to smear Sigma for...

...having a rich vocabulary? I mean what a lame smear. Are you really that desperate? Are really so desperate for a basis on which to smear me that you are effectively calling me an "egghead"? Are you such a retard that you don't understand how pathetic it really is to insult somebody for being superior to you?

You essentially admitted, yourself, that the place where you moved was a dump. I suggest moving to a nice exurb of Ostara or some other relatively educated area. Land is cheap in exurbs, and you can own horses there. Those places are growing because the people there are educated, and they are trying to be worth something to society. Spend some time on improving your quality of life instead of wasting time joining other ridiculous bozos in brandishing your ignorance here as if you were proud of that ignorance.

Last edited:
Back