A sick dog might have puppies

So I haven't told this to many people but I thought I'd share here. Hopefully this is the right place to. So my mum's friend has two dachshunds, one from a breeder and one rescue. The rescue is the sweetest thing but she's very timid and jumpy, has bad hips, I think a bunch of food allergies, and so on. They only got her to breed her and have puppies to sell but I'm really worried that this poor dog either won't make it and/or the puppies will be sick too. I believe she was a Chinese meat trade rescue but is purebred to my knowledge, just like their other dachshund bitch they have. I've had a word with them abt thinking of the mum and pups and that I think it's an awful idea to breed her. They're very dismissive and say if I don't like it then I can essentially suck it. Any advice for what to do? I really don't think this dog will handle having pups very well at all.

My first thought is to find an opportunity to take her to a vet without anyone noticing to get her checked out/diagnosed. And then, when diagnosed, convince them with it that the puppies arent going to sell because they are sick. That girl just needs to be loved, and shouldnt be used as a money maker.

Be very careful. You may make suggestions, but the dog is not yours. If you get arrested for dognaping, you can't help the dog. Its easy to tell you to do this or that, but in the end, the people who suggest things are not going to catch the trouble if you get in it.Make your suggestions and encourage the owners to get her looked at. But thats all you can do here, unless they give you the dog.

Be very careful. You may make suggestions, but the dog is not yours. If you get arrested for dognaping, you can't help the dog. Its easy to tell you to do this or that, but in the end, the people who suggest things are not going to catch the trouble if you get in it.Make your suggestions and encourage the owners to get her looked at. But thats all you can do here, unless they give you the dog.
This is very true. I was responding from emotion, and I apologize. But in this situation there is only so much you can do. Do what you can while still keeping yourself away from getting in trouble.

I had a chat with them
My first thought is to find an opportunity to take her to a vet without anyone noticing to get her checked out/diagnosed. And then, when diagnosed, convince them with it that the puppies arent going to sell because they are sick. That girl just needs to be loved, and shouldnt be used as a money maker.
I talked to them yesterday telling them that the pups will most likely be sick and not live very long and to think of the families that buy the pups and how bad they would feel if their pup got sick or passed. They simply said "if they don't want that to happen, they should just go to someone who will give them a good dog". They say they care for this dog (and both of them) but they're badly trained and with the mindset that they have, I doubt they give much of a shit if I'm completely honest. It's just really sad. I guess that's all I can do now without getting in trouble for the dog equivalent of kidnapping. Idk. Tough situation.

So I haven't told this to many people but I thought I'd share here. Hopefully this is the right place to. So my mum's friend has two dachshunds, one from a breeder and one rescue. The rescue is the sweetest thing but she's very timid and jumpy, has bad hips, I think a bunch of food allergies, and so on. They only got her to breed her and have puppies to sell but I'm really worried that this poor dog either won't make it and/or the puppies will be sick too. I believe she was a Chinese meat trade rescue but is purebred to my knowledge, just like their other dachshund bitch they have. I've had a word with them abt thinking of the mum and pups and that I think it's an awful idea to breed her. They're very dismissive and say if I don't like it then I can essentially suck it. Any advice for what to do? I really don't think this dog will handle having pups very well at all.
if this is in europe you can call animal services which i do advice
my mother is a responsible breeder (she is NOT into any of this) but we do DNA analysis of parents, we select on behaviour, we make sure we know where our dogs come from (which is mostly the males as females are usually from the extant lines.

breeding with a sickly dog is a terrible and deathly idea, from what you tell me i also deduce that they are not the type to oversee the births but rather go to sleep and see the results in the morning, most dogs can indeed give birth on their own but if we allowed that we would have an unacceptable death toll (to us, we take pride in being head and shoulders above the average breeder in terms of survival rates)

so call animal services or try to convince them by making it clear they have no idea what they are starting with, dogbreeding is hard work, it isn't easy to do it right and they will allmost certainly need a vet if they go trough with it, and likely it will end in the death of that poor bitch.

They are pondlife, no way should anyone breed from a dog with health issues already, not just from pups point but also strain on bitch, especially with bad hips. "Sausage" dogs are not the greatest design to start with. Ive seen 1st hand what happens when scum like this breeds ill/unsuitable dogs just to make a pound. Its not very nice to see people having pups put to sleep due to severe illness and poor living conditions. Not something anyone needs.
Not sure what best bet is in your particular situation, maybe if your in position to, tell them how much you like the rescue and see will they home her to you? Long shot maybe, these type of people dont give a flying fuck about the dogs, only the money they can fleece out of unsurspecting people, but worth an ask.

They are pondlife, no way should anyone breed from a dog with health issues already, not just from pups point but also strain on bitch, especially with bad hips. "Sausage" dogs are not the greatest design to start with. Ive seen 1st hand what happens when scum like this breeds ill/unsuitable dogs just to make a pound. Its not very nice to see people having pups put to sleep due to severe illness and poor living conditions. Not something anyone needs.
Not sure what best bet is in your particular situation, maybe if your in position to, tell them how much you like the rescue and see will they home her to you? Long shot maybe, these type of people dont give a flying fuck about the dogs, only the money they can fleece out of unsurspecting people, but worth an ask.
That's actually a good idea that I didn't think of before. I'll try to ask them within the next few days since I'm down that way then. They might have even already bread her tho cuz it was a few months ago that they were going to be breeding her. Thanks for letting me know

Back