2022 Sigmund Freud University Vienna Zoophilia Study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have filled the survey.
I'm left with the feeling that the scientist that made it thinks that most zoophiles hate themselves. Is that true? I definitely know I'm a freak, but I'm perfectly comfortable about it.

I noticed that bias too. I can only speak for myself, but I definitely am comfortable with what I am! I know human relationships and all the drama that goes with them. It implies we are a lot of losers who settle for something they consider gross and live in secret shame and self loathing.

I noticed that bias too. I can only speak for myself, but I definitely am comfortable with what I am! I know human relationships and all the drama that goes with them. It implies we are a lot of losers who settle for something they consider gross and live in secret shame and self loathing.
Well, then this survey will have it's results very skewered, as I doubt that this kind of person would be an user to a forum like this one.

I thought it was mostly ok, it asked to elaborate on things via writing a paragraph, where other studies had multiple choice for those questions... Perhaps giving more clarity. It also seemed more direct with some questions.

But the last section was super repetitive, tedious, and felt like rephrasing 10 questions over and over. It also had some questions that seemed to have went through a translation program and had weird grammar or punctuation, maybe because of my VPN.
The so-called redundant questions are intentional. The subtle differences in the answers allow conclusions to be drawn. In psychosomatic clinics or rehabilitation clinics, there is an entry and exit survey. From about 50 questions there are up to ten questions that appear to be repetitive or redundant. This is to balance the effect of always answering what you think the questioner wants to hear.

The University of Sigmund Freud University Vienna is conducting an anonymous zoophilia study using an online survey that will take no more than 30 minutes to complete.

Here is the link: https://onlinebefragungen.sfu.ac.at/Zoophilia2023/

Research staff:

Birgit U. Stetina
Armin Klaps
Lisa Emmett - Lead Researcher

Zooville.org has been in conversation and has verified that the study is legitimate with a proper letter of intent of using this forum as a survey base. If possible, we highly suggest that you conduct the survey as truthfully as possible and within your margins of personal anonymity. Scientific research into our sexual orientation is always welcomed, and I am glad to have aided them in opening up Zooville to them.

The Letter of Intent is posted below.

View attachment 360716

Best Regards,
ZTHorse
The so-called redundant questions are intentional. The subtle differences in the answers allow conclusions to be drawn. In psychosomatic clinics or rehabilitation clinics, there is an entry and exit survey. From about 50 questions there are up to ten questions that appear to be repetitive or redundant. This is to balance the effect of always answering what you think the questioner wants to hear.

Um... Were you showing us an example of a redundant answer? Since you've replied to two people with exactly the same reply word for word. :gsd_wink:

I have filled the survey.
I'm left with the feeling that the scientist that made it thinks that most zoophiles hate themselves. Is that true? I definitely know I'm a freak, but I'm perfectly comfortable about it.
I wouldn't read too much into the questions themselves. The survey also appears to consist of several sub-surveys that measure self-confidence, depression, anxiety, etc. It's all pretty standard for these types of psych studies.

I wonder how many survey responses the researchers have received so far, and what sample size they are seeking. @pes is this something you can follow up? Also curious when they will publish their results and share this through ZF.

I wonder how many survey responses the researchers have received so far, and what sample size they are seeking. @pes is this something you can follow up? Also curious when they will publish their results and share this through ZF.
I have no idea.

The University of Sigmund Freud University Vienna is conducting an anonymous zoophilia study using an online survey that will take no more than 30 minutes to complete.

Research staff:

Birgit U. Stetina
Armin Klaps

Zooville.org has been in conversation and has verified that the study is legitimate with a proper letter of intent of using this forum as a survey base. If possible, we highly suggest that you conduct the survey as truthfully as possible and within your margins of personal anonymity. Scientific research into our sexual orientation is always welcomed, and I am glad to have aided them in opening up Zooville to them.

View attachment 360716

Best Regards,
ZTHorse
I’m very interested to see what comes of this study.

I'm somewhat wary about this survey. I get the suspicion it's rigged, or just poorly made.
When answering the portion with radio buttons on a scale from left to right, the scale flips from positive to negative on one page, to the opposite orientation on the next page. I feel like many people won't notice this.

I'm somewhat wary about this survey. I get the suspicion it's rigged, or just poorly made.
When answering the portion with radio buttons on a scale from left to right, the scale flips from positive to negative on one page, to the opposite orientation on the next page. I feel like many people won't notice this.
might be a simple trick to gauge if you're paying attention and not just clicking through. likely also the same reason why many questions repeat with slightly different wording.

might be a simple trick to gauge if you're paying attention and not just clicking through. likely also the same reason why many questions repeat with slightly different wording.
If you wanted to gather plenty of accurate data from people, I don't know why you would try to "trick" or test them. Seems counterproductive. I would try to make it as easy as possible for them to answer comfortably. But that's just how I see it.

If you wanted to gather plenty of accurate data from people, I don't know why you would try to "trick" or test them. Seems counterproductive. I would try to make it as easy as possible for them to answer comfortably. But that's just how I see it.
This isn't a trick as so much a standard scientific research method to test data accuracy. As @nekdoneco123 mention above, this is partly to check that participants are paying attention and not screwing up the data by simply plugging in random answers.

Research staff:

Birgit U. Stetina
Armin Klaps

View attachment 360716

Best Regards,
ZTHorse
This post seems very interesting as I'm New and would love to dive deeper into my sexuality but sady I'm straped from time so I'll be back later tonight to give this a go for !<3

@ZTHorse Do you know when the data gathering part of the research will be concluded. The survey form is still active, so I'm assuming people can still provide their information to the researchers. But if it's been running since February I thought they might have needed to start the analysis soon and would stop taking responses. Do you have any information on this?

It’s a pain for us, but it’s a bigger pain for them to include data from participants not paying thorough attention. There goes the whole scientific study!

Some groups / activists actually do everything possible to falsify the general outlook on zoophiles. This includes falsifying data. PETA does this regularly: taking pictures of ill and infected animals and telling people how gruesome zoophiles, meat eaters and comparable are as "this is the result!". Plain lying, but unfortunately people fall for it.

I wouldn't wonder the slightest if there are people which want to actively falsify the studies by adding "the most gruesome and inacceptable" answers as often as possible to the results, actually falsifying the image that those interested study groups want to analyze in regards of zoophiles and bestialists (in many cases).

As such some countermeasures against mass fake answers are quite fine, even if being a pain for the participants in the study.

@ZTHorse Do you know when the data gathering part of the research will be concluded. The survey form is still active, so I'm assuming people can still provide their information to the researchers. But if it's been running since February I thought they might have needed to start the analysis soon and would stop taking responses. Do you have any information on this?
From the short write up at the beginning, it looks like there are a number of things that they are trying to corelate with the 'zoosexual orientation'. Given this and the challenges in finding enough people who identify that way and will fill out their survey, I suspect that they are struggling to get a large enough sample size.

From the short write up at the beginning, it looks like there are a number of things that they are trying to corelate with the 'zoosexual orientation'. Given this and the challenges in finding enough people who identify that way and will fill out their survey, I suspect that they are struggling to get a large enough sample size.
But is this the only website they have approached? ZV is big without question, but there is still a good number out there who don't come here regularly then there's other sites around the world that could provide a source of zoo participants, I have tried to let other zoos know on other places I hang out, to see if anyone else was interested, and on zooey.pub for example the survey did not seem to have been known about, but some people seemed very eager to participate once provided the link.

Though I can't really participate due to never having sexual experience with any animals (well... Humans notwithstanding ), I am very curious as to what the outcome of this study will be. Though as for it changing minds, I highly doubt it, a research paper isn't going to make people decide that zoo is okay, the whole discussion is steeped in emotion and personal beliefs, and those feelings are rarely swayed by science. Becides, if I was intimately involved with an animal I'd keep it a secret no matter how accepted it is because sex is a private thing for me, I wouldn't want anyone/everyone to know about the facets of my sexuality, be they vanilla or outlandish, they are kept between me and my beloved, whether he/she walks on two legs or four. At least if it wasn't illegal I wouldn't have to be so paranoid about my OPSEC (it'd be nice, my download speeds absolutely abysmal, like double-digit kilobytes).

Though I can't really participate due to never having sexual experience with any animals (well... Humans notwithstanding ), I am very curious as to what the outcome of this study will be. Though as for it changing minds, I highly doubt it, a research paper isn't going to make people decide that zoo is okay, the whole discussion is steeped in emotion and personal beliefs, and those feelings are rarely swayed by science. Becides, if I was intimately involved with an animal I'd keep it a secret no matter how accepted it is because sex is a private thing for me, I wouldn't want anyone/everyone to know about the facets of my sexuality, be they vanilla or outlandish, they are kept between me and my beloved, whether he/she walks on two legs or four. At least if it wasn't illegal I wouldn't have to be so paranoid about my OPSEC (it'd be nice, my download speeds absolutely abysmal, like double-digit kilobytes).
It's been some time, so I might miss, but I'd say you do not *need* to be involved with animals to participate. There are usually questions about it to position your profile correctly, so you can give it a try if you wish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back