Zoophilia in history

A few years ago, I watch a sensible, normal documentary about Roman gladiators. All good and vanilla (and very interesting). At one point, the aspect of pleasing the crowd was reviewed. This was early showbiz, after all. People wanted to see more ferocious lions, more athletic gladiators, indeed more of everything. If watching humans losing their lives was viewed as entertainment (albeit the modern Hollywood action movie is the equivalent nowadays), the bar was set low on what would be permitted. And that included slave girls, according to the documentary, herded into the arena to be mated by dogs as the crowd cheered and jeered to show the depravity of barbarians. I would love to say the slave girls were granted their freedom and paraded on shoulders through the streets for their magnificent role in zoophilia history. Sadly, no such luck. After being mated, they had their throats cut. To those about to mate, we salute you.
Jesus I mean hopefully at least orgasmed in their last moments

I had read that the Romans used Horses in women as punishment in the games
Which is a good reason not to believe everything you read. There were some odd attractions in Roman "Entertainments", such as a girl whose show act, a sort of imitation "Leda and the Swan" eventually made her Empress. BUT that was the end stage of the Empire, when X-tianity had pushed out the old Gods. The Romans were just as prudish as people are everywhere, in every period.

Which is a good reason not to believe everything you read. There were some odd attractions in Roman "Entertainments", such as a girl whose show act, a sort of imitation "Leda and the Swan" eventually made her Empress. BUT that was the end stage of the Empire, when X-tianity had pushed out the old Gods. The Romans were just as prudish as people are everywhere, in every period.
Ive read it in a couple of places over there years. That they used Horses in the coliseum to execute women criminals and slaves.

Anything is possible. I doubt the stories. Slaves cost money....Rome was nothing if it was not the World's Economic Drain.
Remember what the implications of reading such things are, and whom they are written for. If Edw. Gibbon had written it, I might buy it, but that world, as with the Greeks and the Egyptians, anthropomorphized their Gods or their Gods' activities in an effort to understand their world. These stories were not intended to excite prurience, but to explain thunder, and floods, and fire, war, death, disease, human misery.

It is always easy to assign behaviors to "those people over there", or " back then", because it really cannot be proved. Perfect example? Take a gander at how much of today's politics is colored by lies and misinformation. Wishing doesn't make it true, and time does not legitimize a lie. But this crowd seems to absolutely ACHE for legitimacy.

THAT only comes from inside, when you're talking about a non-societally accepted activity.

Anything is possible. I doubt the stories. Slaves cost money....Rome was nothing if it was not the World's Economic Drain.
Remember what the implications of reading such things are, and whom they are written for. If Edw. Gibbon had written it, I might buy it, but that world, as with the Greeks and the Egyptians, anthropomorphized their Gods or their Gods' activities in an effort to understand their world. These stories were not intended to excite prurience, but to explain thunder, and floods, and fire, war, death, disease, human misery.

It is always easy to assign behaviors to "those people over there", or " back then", because it really cannot be proved. Perfect example? Take a gander at how much of today's politics is colored by lies and misinformation. Wishing doesn't make it true, and time does not legitimize a lie. But this crowd seems to absolutely ACHE for legitimacy.

THAT only comes from inside, when you're talking about a non-societally accepted activity.
I agree with what your saying. Just sorta make since with everything else that was happening in the Coliseum.

No cameras in Rome. Pictures would, yea or nay, be useful, but there aren't any, really. Even the mosaics and frescos of the day at Herculaneum and Pompeii don't go that far.

As I said, though....the physical remains of Roman Art don't go that far, unless they're directly related to a depiction of the Gods, and at that, those Gods are usually Greek, not Roman. Romulus and Remus are a bit of an exception, but that is not a sexual representation.

As I said, though....the physical remains of Roman Art don't go that far, unless they're directly related to a depiction of the Gods, and at that, those Gods are usually Greek, not Roman. Romulus and Remus are a bit of an exception, but that is not a sexual representation.
I think it was the depiction of what was being told from the one historians view point of her research

To honest alot of history is not always accurate

I
I am convinced that Diogenes of Sinope was probably a zoo.

If he was, then you know he would have practiced because he rejected all social conventions, and he was deliberately subversive. You know that, if he thought he could get someone's goat by fucking a dog in public, he probably would do it just on account. In fact, Diogenes was convinced that squeamishness was among the primary defects of the human race and was really an unpardonable fault.

In fact, I would even speculate, adventurously, that his zooishness may have been the inspiration behind his entire philosophy, and his philosophy inspired Zeno of Citium to found the philosophy of Stoicism, which is the very foundation of the modern concept of social justice...or any kind of equality based justice at all, frankly.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have had the thought that diogenes may have been a Zoo, cause I agree with you. His philosophy of living life with the bare minimums...(like how he threw away his only bowl when he witnessed a youth cupping his hands to drink water with thus deciding his bowl was worthless) as well as you mentioned him living among dogs already...it doesn't take much imagination to say he very well could have been a zoo given his relatively relaxed view on sex. Since apparently he masturbated in public as well.

The Desana tribe from Amazon and their unique perception of hunting. Makes one wonder how many more indigenous tribes from around the world incorporate zoophilic imagery and concepts (or even practice?) as part of their spiritual ideology.
That's very interesting

Alas, many perusing these forums do not care. They just want their jollies. Matter of fact, some who have been banned made it clear the more pain, the more screaming, the more suffering, the more excited they get :eek:
And those are the ones who give actual zoophiles a bad name.

I feel like the answer was in the punch. If you're asking about anything that happened in Unit 731 you're talking about a group of people who vivisected people without anesthesia, and that's.. the small stuff? Would it surprise you to know many modern advancements in the treatment of burns, frostbite, poisons, and our understanding of anesthesia came from the Nazi and Japanese experiments. The doctors weren't typically tried as war criminals. Even findings in vetinary science were formed there... but at a terrible cost.

The sex camp is a whole nother can of worms though.
Most of unit 731 was entirely pardoned (or atleast not charged with any crimes)by the US for turning over their findings..

So to think all of this is slowly but surely getting outlawed in numerous places world wide ..... Sad that the history that mankind wants erased, they'll try their best to erase ..... But hey that's how the government works I guess ..... I'm glad I grew up on a farm ..... Wouldn't change it for the world ..... 😃
Just cause laws are being passed to outlaw it doesn't mean it will stop it entirely!

Back