Zoophilia in history

It is a fact that shepherds once spent months at a time in fields with the flock no where near civilization
People get horny, sometimes animals get horny too
Sex happens
Still does
True story: Years ago I was visiting Italy, and went for a hike in the country outside of Rome. I saw a Sheppard caring for his flock and struck up a conversation with him. Eventually I worked up the nerve to ask him if I could have sex with one of his ewes. I was terrified yet so horny. I also knew for a fact that Sheppards and farm boys all over the planet have sex (at least once in their life) with a sheep or other farm animal, and likely many more times than that.
To my surprise he didn’t even bat an eye. He said “sure, no problem” and then proceeded to catch one for me to have sex with. Now a days I would NEVER ask a stranger if I could have sex with their animals, and throw caution to the breeze like that. But way back then I was young and horny, and took a risk that paid off.

A few years ago, I watch a sensible, normal documentary about Roman gladiators. All good and vanilla (and very interesting). At one point, the aspect of pleasing the crowd was reviewed. This was early showbiz, after all. People wanted to see more ferocious lions, more athletic gladiators, indeed more of everything. If watching humans losing their lives was viewed as entertainment (albeit the modern Hollywood action movie is the equivalent nowadays), the bar was set low on what would be permitted. And that included slave girls, according to the documentary, herded into the arena to be mated by dogs as the crowd cheered and jeered to show the depravity of barbarians. I would love to say the slave girls were granted their freedom and paraded on shoulders through the streets for their magnificent role in zoophilia history. Sadly, no such luck. After being mated, they had their throats cut. To those about to mate, we salute you.
In 1964 I read a novel called " Those who are about to die salute you" and as you say women where in the arena and all sorts ofanimals fucked them usually to death . Also the trainers where paid by wealthy women to rent goats dogs horses etc for sexual pleasure

That prehistoric drawing just got me to wonder. That must just be what some prehistoric artist imagined..rather than something he did or saw. At that period in time, there were NO domesticated animals..and a wild equine would never let a human *that* up-close and personal ?? :) Or it's a case of necrophilia ??
How do you onow animals weren't passive enough for this to happen?

Well I included it in the picture in case one our french speakers could read it. I do not know french, and the text is not entirely clear. I read through it at first looking for any mention of the animal, gender, etc... I thought it was far more generic talking about funeral practices and stuff. Here is my copy of the text google translation (I once again repeat I don't know french, I cannot correct the spelling off the top of my head in the cases I couldn't read the letters, don't laugh too hard):
I'm French, the translation is right ^^

So human/animal coupling is a huge theme in lots of mythology! One major example is the wife of King Minos, who coupled with a bull and gave birth to the Minotaur. Other examples I can immediately think of include animal brides (touched on here), the various exploits of Zeus, and other myths related to shapeshifting. In terms of historical information, a lot of classical authors accuse the Egyptians of bestiality, but, much like today's jokes against the Welsh (or Scottish, Kiwis, etc.) it was likely just an insult. I did find some references indicating that some tribes indigenous to North America seem to not have had a taboo against zoosexual behavior, but I want to do more research into that. And obviously, religion managed to get its hands on this, as it has so many other things. Abrahamic religions have proscriptions against it, in Leviticus 18 and 20, although in the New Testament, some scholars have debated if there remains a proscription against zoosexual acts, based on Jesus' overturning of Judaic law.

I'll let y'all know if I learn more as I do more research.
It’s honestly incredible how the diverse spectrum of human sexuality, including zoosexuality, was so widely respected until Christianization.

In 1964 I read a novel called " Those who are about to die salute you" and as you say women where in the arena and all sorts ofanimals fucked them usually to death . Also the trainers where paid by wealthy women to rent goats dogs horses etc for sexual pleasure
That book was written in 1958 as prurient fiction. Though the author, Daniel Pratt Manning had a fair reputation as a writer, veracity, without any real backup research, is often questionable. In the best researched areas animals often ended up dead, if the Slaves did not. But Rome was about profits. I suppose if it sold tickets....but thst would have been profligately wasteful. Renting a sex partner might have been truthful...but the first hand accounts of Roman sex practices are almost all handed down AFTER the Fall of the Empire.

One example of such exaggeration is Pompeii and the other towns Vesuvius took out...for centuries a man's education was not complete without a males-only tour of those ruins....supposed examples of Hedonism in that day. But when you see the photos of the ruins and so-called examples, many are of things out of earlier Greek myth. 'The Glory-Hole That Was Rome' was mostly imaginary.

I read long ago there was a woman who got caught during bestiality and accused it wasn't just lust, she was really in love with her dog but a king or something told she'll be forgiven if have sex with him, woman accepted the deal and told this king his cock was smaller than the dog and got executed. Cant recall her name or where i found it all i remember is this was a very early documented case

I'd love if someone knows something about this could help me

I read long ago there was a woman who got caught during bestiality and accused it wasn't just lust, she was really in love with her dog but a king or something told she'll be forgiven if have sex with him, woman accepted the deal and told this king his cock was smaller than the dog and got executed. Cant recall her name or where i found it all i remember is this was a very early documented case

I'd love if someone knows something about this could help me
Sounds like the stories surrounding witchcraft accusations. It MIGHT be true, but how many adult women would be so stupid as to tell an authority figure, a Confessor, a Fiefholder, a King, that a dog was better? If it has roots, she had something someone wanted, but she wasn't giving it up. It sounds a little like the story told of Claudine Culam, which is here...I have some doubts about stories like this. Even in the Middle Ages prurience had entertainment value. Check out the "Canterbury Tales"...Fly Nicholas and the Wife Of Bath's stories were fiction written about 1300ad

Sounds like the stories surrounding witchcraft accusations. It MIGHT be true, but how many adult women would be so stupid as to tell an authority figure, a Confessor, a Fiefholder, a King, that a dog was better?

Don't underestimate human stupidity...
Indeed it was claudine culam story, Finally found it thanks a lot partner.
Really wanted to find this story to point some friends the cruelty of the so called civilization, how wrong is ot to love an animal and how correct is to burn a young teen alive for that

Having sex with animals is nothing new. It only has been tabooed in the last couple hundred years.
It's actually been taboo for thousands of years. If I am not mistaken isn't bestiality forbidden in the Old Testament? If I am correct then it's been taboo for well over 2,000 years depending on your religious beliefs.

It's actually been taboo for thousands of years. If I am not mistaken isn't bestiality forbidden in the Old Testament? If I am correct then it's been taboo for well over 2,000 years depending on your religious beliefs.
Taboo in bible but not every place in the world.

Denmark outlawed bestiality in 2015 after all parties except the liberal Alliance voted in support of a ban, leaving Hungary, Finland and Romania as the only European Union countries without bans on bestiality. You can look this up Wiki.

Last edited:
People have had sex with animals for centuries long time ago and I think that it will probably be more accepted under sex communities.

That is simply what the Vatican wanted the Middle Ages human race to believe, back when most all written history was destroyed and all that was available to read was their ultra conservative perspective and version. Not conspiracy theory. Just what my family witnessed and remembered from those desperate times.

There is a legend of a Goddess and a dog. This Goddess called Sedna marries with a dog.

Inuit Mythology
I do believe some cultures today will still force a man or a woman to marry an animal if they're caught fornicating with it. I speculate that this story had a similar origin to it.

Back