ZV security certificate expired about 30 minutes ago

Porky

Citizen of Zooville
I got an error while trying to load some threads. The zoovilleforum.net security certificate (for HTTPS) expired at 10:45.

Until it's renewed, a lot of people will get errors when they try to visit the website. Alternately, at least in Firefox, you can "add exception" to the security rules, but probably not everyone knows how, and some folks won't want to risk it.

Last edited:
I got an error while trying to load some threads. The zoovilleforum.net security certificate (for HTTPS) expired at 10:45.

Until it's renewed, a lot of people will get errors when they try to visit the website. Alternately, at least in Firefox, you can "add exception" to the security rules, but probably not everyone knows how, and some folks won't want to risk it.
FYI: "www.zoovilleforum.net" *DOES NOT* get treated the same as "zoovilleforum.net", or any of the older variants (see links to older posts that use the variants as examples)
I'm finding more and more often that when I connect to "www.zoovilleforum.net", a click on a link that uses the form "zoovilleforum.net" (or vice-versa) lands me at a page that reads something like (from memory, so wording isn't exact, though the meaning should be close enough to make no difference) "You are not logged in. Only logged in users may...", usually (though not always... haven't figured out why) in the eyeball-searing default color scheme instead of the "dark mode" I prefer. Adding "www." to the front of whatever is in the address bar when I find myself on that page USUALLY jumps to where I intended to be, and always gets me back to the "dark mode" color scheme. Likewise, I frequently get wranings about expired certificates when I connect to "www.zoovilleforum.net" and somehow end up on a "zoovilleforum.net" page. (or, again, vice-versa) Those warnings go away if I manually "switch back" to whichever version I made the original connection on by diddling the contents of the address bar when it happens.

Seems as though the DNS aliases aren't in perfect sync.

I also have this same issue , have not figured it out yet . thanks for the info on it ,
FYI: "www.zoovilleforum.net" *DOES NOT* get treated the same as "zoovilleforum.net", or any of the older variants (see links to older posts that use the variants as examples)
I'm finding more and more often that when I connect to "www.zoovilleforum.net", a click on a link that uses the form "zoovilleforum.net" (or vice-versa) lands me at a page that reads something like (from memory, so wording isn't exact, though the meaning should be close enough to make no difference) "You are not logged in. Only logged in users may...", usually (though not always... haven't figured out why) in the eyeball-searing default color scheme instead of the "dark mode" I prefer. Adding "www." to the front of whatever is in the address bar when I find myself on that page USUALLY jumps to where I intended to be, and always gets me back to the "dark mode" color scheme. Likewise, I frequently get wranings about expired certificates when I connect to "www.zoovilleforum.net" and somehow end up on a "zoovilleforum.net" page. (or, again, vice-versa) Those warnings go away if I manually "switch back" to whichever version I made the original connection on by diddling the contents of the address bar when it happens.

Seems as though the DNS aliases aren't in perfect sync.

going to go and try and see if it works like that. ;)

I also have this same issue , have not figured it out yet . thanks for the info on it ,

going to go and try and see if it works like that. ;)
Good luck... Seems like every time I try to re-create the issue so I can screenshot it for posting here, I get nothing but perfect behavior. An old line about pots that you watch never coming to a boil comes to mind...

Back