Zoophilia being illegal can cause severe mental illness

M

mares4me

This should be an interesting discussion. I believe that, due to the illegal nature of this lifestyle, there are some instances where mental disorders can crop up. I'm referring to the fact that you can't even discuss zoophilia with medical professionals without fear of being locked up indefinitely in either a psych ward or prison.

Some people, like myself, need to be able to talk about our feelings without fear of persecution from the professionals who are supposed to help people like us. It's only natural to exhibit signs of mental instability if you can't even openly talk about how you feel with others.

This should be taken into consideration when we're discussing the legalization of zoophilia. The effect that it has on people's minds can be devastating. I'm speaking from experience here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SigmatoZeta quote:

Hello, nice researcher who is reading this publicly viewable content. I am talking to you directly. Please take a note:

The effect of these laws and the concomitant societal witch-hunt has not been to stop us from having sex with our animals. It has only caused us to go from being relatively well-adjusted people that have sex with their animals to being paranoid nervous wrecks that have sex with their animals. Either way, we are still going to be having sex with our animals. There are just going to be more psychiatric problems in the mix.

Therefore, let's tally up what society has accomplished by attempting to cause problems for us:
  1. Causing problems.
Done.

Help, please.

(Quote from, "I heard that there was at least one local effort that has taken off")

I do think that these anti-zoo laws do far more harm than good; one of the harmful side effects of these laws is the mental anxiety produced when one is forced to have sex with an animal in an illegal jurisdiction (which, as of today, is most jurisdictions). I'm assuming that most of the people on this forum who actively have sex with animal(s) do it illegally.

Surely it will come as a surprise to non-zoo society, but also zoosexuals condemn the abuse of animals. So, the issue here is that there are different definitions of abuse, not to mention the double standards of what mainstream society does (not) allow to happen to animals.

The burden of secrecy on your mental health can be devastating. Leading doubles lives will take its toll, and a 'healthy' paranoia in order to protect your nonhuman partners and yourself from an unforgiving society can easily turn into something much worse. And then I haven't even addressed the possibility that zoos are afraid to call in veterinary expertise even for nonsexual issues, fearing they might get found out and the animal 'rescued' (read: murdered).

I think it's imperative that zoophilia is legalized for these reasons alone. It simply isn't good. I feel like my mental issues would have been resolved by now had zoophilia been legal all this time.

Psychologists know the human mind much better than someone on the internet. They know how to treat various mental disorders. I'm only now realizing the toll that these laws have had on me.

A medical professional would be able to help more effectively than anyone else. Medication isn't even required, as different types of therapy can also help.

I think that the fact that these laws having been passed so recently is going to magnify their actual harm, but I am also optimistic that matters can improve.

The real weakness, in these laws, is that they punish a genuinely victimless crime, a thought crime, and a crime that can only seldom be self-evident. Such laws are, in the long-run, seldom enforced.

I would compare most of the current laws with the "crimes against nature" statute in North Carolina. The law effectively had made gay sex into a felony offense, but the enforcement of the law was virtually non-existent. The law is even still on the books. Judicial interpretation has merely rendered it ineffective at punishing gay sex. There were still plenty of gay men, and there was still plenty of gay sex. The law was merely ignored by everybody, including law enforcement.

Furthermore, the same thing happened with marijuana culture. Because smoking marijuana left a crime having been committed that did not have an offended victim that could thereby call in the police to report that crime, people happily smoked the substance anyway, and an entire culture was built around it. It is smoked everywhere.

There are many zoos that are nervous because they think that these new laws mean that the police are going to come and kick in their doors at the faintest suggestion that they might be even slightly attracted to their pet dogs. When they have realized how toothless and impotent these kinds of laws are, then I think that matters will improve.

For right now, I think that building up a strong zooey and zooey ally community, worldwide, can help improve the mental health of zoos by providing them with some companionship with individuals that they can talk to openly and let down their guard with. That is why I have been so hot to develop these local zoo groups, in order to provide zoos with an atmosphere in which they can be their normal selves.

Well, these laws have already ruined my life. It may be too late to reverse the damage that they have caused.

I'm sure they have ruined the lives of other zoos as well, and this will continue to be the case for even more zoos in the future.

Well, these laws have already ruined my life. It may be too late to reverse the damage that they have caused.

I'm sure they have ruined the lives of other zoos as well, and this will continue to be the case for even more zoos in the future.
I didn't think of it in terms of "reversing." I know that I can never be the same as if I had never gone through what I did, and I shouldn't be. No matter what happens to me in the future, I will always know something very important about life, which is that I must never ever let shame govern my life. While it is not good for me, it is also not very good for people that have never had to confront something like this. Half a lifetime from now, I will be considerably better adjusted than most people because I learned something as a teenager that it frankly takes most people their entire lives to learn. I have every intention of outliving them all.

I know it sounds like I am trying to "find a silver lining," but I have learned to never look for a silver lining. If you want one, make one.

Last edited:
I think it was the three or fourth time I had been caught with the dog training I had been doing for years by then, I was told, that's how you get syphilis. By then, I didn't care if I got it or if they stood there and whacked off while I, lived.

I couldn't agree more. I was depressed for MANY years because of these laws and had immense fear of reaching out for help. I thought that reaching out for help would be the equivalent of just turning myself in and going to jail. It was like an endless circle of me being upset, and then being even more upset that there was no one I could safely talk to. Seeing all the advertisements and people saying that "anyone can get help" just felt like a total lie and made me feel a whole lot worse, as I was sure it didn't apply to me. Those laws made me think I had no safe space and no one to trust. I had those thoughts just building up in my head for years, and I know that if I could have talked to someone sooner, my mental state would be much better off.

It took to the point where I was desperate enough for help that I didn't care if the cops would knock on my door 30 minutes later. I had given up on life at that point and felt like I had nothing left to lose. Thats when I actually sought out professional help for the dark thoughts in my head. I know my mental state is permanently damaged because of what I went through for so many years. To fully recover would mean that I would forget all that I have went through and the lesson's I've learned about life. I now have such a unique viewpoint of the world because of it, and it would be a shame to just throw it all away.

I still remember the exact day that bestiality was made illegal where I lived. I remember it because I don't ever want to forget what it feels like to have what tiny drop of security you think you have taken away from you in an instant. These laws have definitely caused more harm than good, but the people who make these laws don't see anything from our perspective. Unless we can make lawmakers aware that we even exist in the first place, things might stay the way they are for a while. However, I do have hope that in the future we are all able to freely live the lives we so desperately desire.

One simple question. Who told you it was wrong? Same book tells of a man that let the dogs lick his sores and woke up in heaven. There is a need that has to be taken care of with attention , and only a pet can satisfy that need.

Your mate may need a helping hand. Does not mean a fist to the jaw. Sometimes a man and woman needs to be fisted. I have placed a condom on my mates foot and had their foot heel deep. Then they wiggled their toes..beyond words.
Now people can buy a house together, have children, and can't ask for a hand? Why the fk you get married?
Both side of your body is made for play. Male and female. Your cheating yourself out of the pleasure of marriage.
Now let me cook your noodle. Take a copy of the Bible and read Song of Solomon. The writer compares his lovers vagina to that of a MARES, oral sex, 8 chapters and a good read more than don't and do's.

The people that write the laws ,are not always looking after you. They preach what they want you to hear. Pass laws that are not fair at times.
Please, just fkn live and be happy. Stop beating yourself up for everthing that doesn't matter.

If you hurt people or anything on purpose, KARMA SUCKS! and it would suck to be you.

"Zoo-on"

In North Carolina, we are sort of ironically protected by the existing "crimes against nature" statute. We grow up understanding, "it's not illegal until you get caught," and we know that police in competently administered districts have better things to do than crack down on victimless crimes. It was rarely enforced even prior to Lawrence v. Texas.

We are also a heavily agricultural state, and if you have ever worked in animal husbandry, you have actually gotten paid for doing more horrific things to animals. It just seems weird to get up in arms over.

*shurg*

Mental illness is a serious issue and I do not want to down play it. Talking with people about what you are feeling is important. Finding a support group is the most helpful thing anyone can do for their own mental sake. Find people. Talk. Express your feelings. It is part of the human condition.

With that said.... Just because something illegal causes people mental angst does not mean that the something should be made legal. Morals are morals and the world is not going to change anytime soon. Hell, we still have countries where women do not have rights! Is that not a bigger issue? Here in America we have a lot of favorable laws but people keep wanting more and more. It is gluttonous.

I like many taboo fetishes. What I have found is that no one ever feels like their world is just. No one feels like they can share their secrets. They feel trapped or pinned down by laws or social norms. That is the life of the taboo world people! We need to stop fighting for this "equality" and focus on making a healthy inviting place for people to come. Make a commune, not a rebel outpost.

I know this is not a popular opinion but hey, it is what I have. Everyone feels differently, but who gets to decide who's feelings are right and who are wrong? No one but ourselves, that is who, and no one else should have to care but ourselves.

I had my first thought about zoo 10 years ago when I had my dog
I was so disappointed and disgusted with myself that I pushed this far back into my head
Now ten years later (15 days earlier) this sexual drive has come back stronger than ever, at a point where I would like to experiment with the help of a woman who has experience
Since 15 days there is not a single night or I have not had a nightmare how I feel disgusting, dirty and not a good person
And yet, I have always been proud of myself because in life I am a beautiful person, sensitive and listens to people, am I really a good person? I dont know no more
Making friends on the net is not really my strength, so for now I have no one to talk to and to deal with that alone
Thank you for reading me and I hope it's not too hard to read because my real language is French

We need to stop fighting for this "equality" and focus on making a healthy inviting place for people to come. Make a commune, not a rebel outpost.

I disagree. If people do not fight for zoo equality, then eventually the anti-zoo laws will become so oppressive that zoo communes won't even be able to exist.

Though, fighting for zoo equality is really hard, because for those who do fight it, it causes them to become "outed", thus making them a target of ridicule and prosecution (potentially). The best people to fight for zoo equality are non-zoos, or zoos who don't own animals.

I couldn't agree more. I was depressed for MANY years because of these laws and had immense fear of reaching out for help. I thought that reaching out for help would be the equivalent of just turning myself in and going to jail. It was like an endless circle of me being upset, and then being even more upset that there was no one I could safely talk to. Seeing all the advertisements and people saying that "anyone can get help" just felt like a total lie and made me feel a whole lot worse, as I was sure it didn't apply to me. Those laws made me think I had no safe space and no one to trust. I had those thoughts just building up in my head for years, and I know that if I could have talked to someone sooner, my mental state would be much better off.

What has been happening in the U.S. is terrible. In less than 5 years, 12 U.S. states have made new anti-zoo laws. 20 years ago, there were about 25 U.S. states which had no anti-zoo laws -- now there are only 4 left.

Legal zoophilia would ease much of the burden of worry, not from other people and their opinions, but the men with guns, the government. That is all zoos would ever want and ever need.

Interesting discussion I consulted a sexologist. I told him about my zoophilia. I was not locked up. On the contrary.

I was able to tell this woman sexologist that I was ready to love a female zoophile. Indeed, I now know how to distinguish between the feelings I feel for a woman, and the almost vital need for this woman to want to be mounted by dogs.

I could never tell a psychologist, therapist, sexologist, what have you, about my attraction to horses. It would put a target on my back.

They keep everything you say inside a medical record. So if you told them you were a zoophile, you'd better believe that would be written on your record, which would paint you as a sex offender who needs to be watched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when therapists abide to all confidentiality rules and regulations, if they think that your zoophilia is a danger to you or to others, they are in their right to breach confidentiality. At best that means a note in your medical file. At worst it means you're on the radar for non-medical authorities.

To be honest I dont know which country you live. But as far as I know the rules, I m not afraid.
I m just border line.
But I give you an advice , you should not be afraid about the professional like therapists. Be sure that your friends or housemates does not give your record to the authorities. Liar and traitor are much more dangerous than the system who authorize the production of zoofilia around the World.

Yes keeping it all in is very diffcult and when i found out i have urges of attraction torwards at a young age, i couldnt get professional help and accessing the internet is diffcult so all i did was seperated from most of my friends and spend most of my time alone, now growing older i am having a great secret relationship with my horse and now i understand it.
I would be in tears and be who i really am publically if it is legal where i live.

If zoophilia were legalized I think it would only lighten the concern of being arrested. I think the view of society would still cause many of us to continue keeping our activities hidden. If this causes mental stress then it would continue to do so.

People have a misunderstanding of the ability of animals to give consent. Anyone with half a brain can learn to read signals and learn what no means.

It definitely contributes to a culture of secrecy and fear which can harm people already dealing with their own things. Legalizing it would be step one, but changing peoples’ minds on it takes longer. Same sort of thing is happening with recreational weed laws, etc.

People have a misunderstanding of the ability of animals to give consent. Anyone with half a brain can learn to read signals and learn what no means.

It definitely contributes to a culture of secrecy and fear which can harm people already dealing with their own things. Legalizing it would be step one, but changing peoples’ minds on it takes longer. Same sort of thing is happening with recreational weed laws, etc.
I absolutely agree!

The question is, how to reach that "step one" of legalizing sex with animals, when there are so many people who say it can't be done and are pessimistic / defeatist about it (they say to hide, which improves one's individual security, but does nothing to reach the "step one" you mentioned).

Back