Zoophilia and the occult

canecorso

Citizen of Zooville
Surprised that nobody on ZV has bothered opening up this can of worms yet.

I'm led to believe that zoophilia/bestiality carries a huge amount of symbolic value that double-dips into two already strongly revered aspects in various pagan and/or occult theologies: namely sex and animal spirituality/symbology. I don't think I need to search very deep for examples of the countless "sex magick" and animal worship rituals to illustrate this point. That's why it comes as a surprise to me that, considering how likely it is to be practiced given the above, how little I've seen written on zoophilia as a magical practice within these circles. And that's why I make this thread, hoping that someone could lend me a hand with this.

Now the main reasons for the info blackout could be hardly different from those of being secretive elsewhere, given how getting your secret cult exposed as a goatfucker club is tantamount to PR apocalypse (and that's before delving into all the legality/morality/consent issues), but there might be other reasons more specific to this topic that'd be harder to grasp for the uninitiated laymen.

More or less all concrete info I know on this topic (not mentioned yet in the history thread, that is) is the stereotype of satanists copulating with goats, which is practically a cartoon gag by this point, and I think at least Crowley supposedly mentioned ritualistic bestiality in a book or two which I haven't read. Hell, let's go one step further and inquire secret societies if you will (David Cameron with the pig head, what do you think that was about?). Now I don't have many hopes that much of what comes up will be consensual (what are the odds that those sacrificially slitting animal throats will bother being nice and humane to the animals carnally?), but I still think it's a relevant topic to cover for similar reasons as ZV's coverage of history of zoophilia past the antiquity.

Christianity linked bestiality with witchcraft. This is why you can see a parallel between the persecution of suspected witches and suspected bestialists: both groups were seen as devil worshipers. Yes, it is bordering on sociological cliché, but what is considered "the occult" is closely related to what is regarded as dominant and/or widely accepted religions. You might even go as far as suggesting that "the occult" is a collection of spiritual and/or religious practices and traditions that do not belong to these widely accepted religions. With this mindset, it wouldn't surprise me if these widespread religions consider all paganism and rituals from the Ancient World among the occult.

I should've emphasized that I mean occult in the vaguely present sense of the term, as in sectarian fringe religious organizations and esoteric groups. There's some trend towards such organizations adopting ancient rituals or at least passing their teachings as ancient, so their association with the ancient world might also come from within.

i'm surprised this is in any way surprising to you.
i'm fairly sure 99,9% of zoophiles are atheists. all it takes is to have sex with an animal once to see what the average religion teaches you is bullshit. most get taught sex with an animal is sin. then you try it and question how it can be a sin if both parties are consenting, no harm is done and everyone ends up satisfied.
not that much of a stretch to also realize "sex with animals is magic" (not that it shows up among the public that often anyway) is likely also bullshit...

not to mention, why even search for some "occult undertones" or "symbolism" just because your attractions lead you outside of your species?

no harm is done
To quote Monty Python:

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted
God gets quite irate

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dust ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found

Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain

i'm surprised this is in any way surprising to you.
i'm fairly sure 99,9% of zoophiles are atheists. all it takes is to have sex with an animal once to see what the average religion teaches you is bullshit. most get taught sex with an animal is sin. then you try it and question how it can be a sin if both parties are consenting, no harm is done and everyone ends up satisfied.
not that much of a stretch to also realize "sex with animals is magic" (not that it shows up among the public that often anyway) is likely also bullshit...

not to mention, why even search for some "occult undertones" or "symbolism" just because your attractions lead you outside of your species?
Religions other than christianity and judaism exist. Regardless of whether we think they're bullshit or not, they have their followers and those might have different reasons for practicing zoophilia than our classic "because animals make me horny" bit of innocent hobbyistic hedonism, even if hopefully reciprocal and with strong emotions attached. The esoteric fringe feels particularily like a potential fertile ground for zoophilic thought, considering that they already have this mindset of "alternative thinking" and often have a mouthful about reconnecting with mother nature and etc.

I'm not looking to summon Satan through a goat anus. Rather I want to know of different historical and contemporary cultural perspectives on zoophilia (beyond what is already discussed in the history thread). There's quite a bit of grey area between "we love fucking animals" and "fucking animals is a no-no" and I find it important to know more about it. Essentially I want to know what "whys" of zoophilia have existed historically beyond "because it feels good". Like I know at least that the rural Colombians from that one infamous documentary thought it makes their dicks bigger. That's not particularily "occult" but I guess it's a start.

This is very interesting, and something I want to research more. In college, I did know someone who was into satanism who had a friend who was in love with his goat and openly admitted he fucked them to non-zoos. Some people were super creeped out by it, but I don't remember anyone cutting him off for it. There was an equal amount of joking around it, as well as serious discussion.

This is very interesting, and something I want to research more. In college, I did know someone who was into satanism who had a friend who was in love with his goat and openly admitted he fucked them to non-zoos. Some people were super creeped out by it, but I don't remember anyone cutting him off for it. There was an equal amount of joking around it, as well as serious discussion.
While I personally don't find goats arousing (they're too special to me), I suppose it's a damn sight better than the stereotypical "occult" use for goats. That does make me wonder, has that supposed "satanic ritual" been corrupted over the years? Like did the tale of how people "sacrifice" goats for their dark lords and masters start somewhere else?

"Satanic rituals" fascinate me anyway, the entire "Satanic Panic" era of the 20th century is deeply interesting and a great showcase of how "groupthink" and the power of suggestion can really fuck with peoples' minds and ruin lives.

Like I know at least that the rural Colombians from that one infamous documentary thought it makes their dicks bigger. That's not particularily "occult" but I guess it's a start.
This is new information to me and fascinating as all hell. Is the documentary available anywhere or actually, like... GOOD? From your opinion, if you've seen it, of course.

While I personally don't find goats arousing (they're too special to me), I suppose it's a damn sight better than the stereotypical "occult" use for goats. That does make me wonder, has that supposed "satanic ritual" been corrupted over the years? Like did the tale of how people "sacrifice" goats for their dark lords and masters start somewhere else?

"Satanic rituals" fascinate me anyway, the entire "Satanic Panic" era of the 20th century is deeply interesting and a great showcase of how "groupthink" and the power of suggestion can really fuck with peoples' minds and ruin lives.

This is new information to me and fascinating as all hell. Is the documentary available anywhere or actually, like... GOOD? From your opinion, if you've seen it, of course.
Humans have been practicing animal sacrifice since time immemorial. In fact, the one movement that seems to have historically done the most damage to the practice was... *drumroll* christianity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sacrifice
Ironically, modern scientific secularism has found its way back to a form of "animal sacrifice" once more: in the form of lab animal experimentation.

Surprised that you haven't heard of the doc, since it's become a kind of a notorious meme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKWLC87Uzw

Humans have been practicing animal sacrifice since time immemorial. In fact, the one movement that seems to have historically done the most damage to the practice was... *drumroll* christianity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sacrifice
Ironically, modern scientific secularism has found its way back to a form of "animal sacrifice" once more: in the form of lab animal experimentation.

Surprised that you haven't heard of the doc, since it's become a kind of a notorious meme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKWLC87Uzw
...i don't know what i was expecting but i'm somehow still surprised there's a documentary called "donkey sex". hm.

I'm not looking to summon Satan through a goat anus.
Now... are you meaning conjure up a Satan or a lesser demon via THROUGH a goat anus?... or via having sex with the goat anus as a consummation? Because one probably won't be as alarming as the other for the goat....

Back