You know how strange life is.

Reconscope

Supreme Citizen of ZV
The very moment you start doing great in your life. Suddenly life gives you a big curveball "nope" event that causes me to lose her. She was/and still is my everything its such a shame i couldnt meet a dog like her sooner. Im gonna go evaluate my life choices and decide what to do next after the love of my life is snuffed out. I knew i shouldnt have left this morning for work something told me to "dont go".

Started giving her a new leash collar great quality stuff and great bed also. Gotta admit life has sick humor.

Yes im gonna keep my favorite girl as my picture. She changed me for the better.

Last edited:
Its so hard actually typing this out. I find it still hard to believe all the experiences i had with her is just poof. Remember when i said that thing about nothing to lose i could simply not eat/drink thats exactly how i feel currently. My stomach/mind is numb now.

So yeah im sorry for laying all this drama out like this. Having no one to lay next to or talk to sucks. I miss hearing those doggie dreams she has. Or the breathing sounds she makes when sleeping. Her meeting me after work made me happy to see her. Or when im giving her treats and she jumps up and yoinks it.

Last edited:
Oh no I'm really sorry for your loss. Don't be sorry for talking about this! It is very sad and i hope typing this out made you feel better.

Honestly it hasnt but i wanted to share my feelings about her. i mean based on all my posts about my girl you would think im the last person to be here since she is such a great dog to me.

Oh no. ☹
Poor Reconscope.

Usually I avoid the Rainbow section of the forum, because I can't cope well with the sadness. And I don't know what to say. I couldn't even write about the death of my own boyfriend here. One thing though: the experiences with your girl are not gone, @Reconscope. You still remember them, they are in your heart. But even when memories fade a little over time—your girl has nevertheless shaped you. Part of you is the way you are because of her, and it transcends further, because you pass some of it on when you interact with others. The world will be forever different because of her existence.

I did read this particular thread yes. If your feeling the way you do after the loss of her then it must have been a very worth while relationship. Sorry didn't mean to come off like a stalker.
Thats very thoughtful words. If u wanna read our backstory its in my past threads.

Oh no. ☹
Poor Reconscope.

Usually I avoid the Rainbow section of the forum, because I can't cope well with the sadness. And I don't know what to say. I couldn't even write about the death of my own boyfriend here. One thing though: the experiences with your girl are not gone, @Reconscope. You still remember them, they are in your heart. But even when memories fade a little over time—your girl has nevertheless shaped you. Part of you is the way you are because of her, and it transcends further, because you pass some of it on when you interact with others. The world will be forever different because of her existence.
Ill find a way to write her name somewhere so i never forget our times. If i survive this since im still in shock of this.

@Reconscope I can only imagine the pain you must be going through right now. It sounds like she ended up with the best person for her. She went from a life of abuse to your wonderful and caring hands. And in your hands she was able to experience love, happiness, comfort, and joy on another level she would have never got to experience without you.

Loss is never easy, it never will be. She will live on through your memories of her, she will always have a place in your heart, but knowing that won't take away the pain and numbness you are feeling right now. Unfortunately only time can do that.

That's the overall curse of being a zoophile. Our love and dedication to our animal love partners and not only a legitimate form of love, but also one that is deep and meaningful to us. But the curse is that their lifespan is short compared to ours. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, Recon. I know that your love to your girl was an exemplary example of what all zoos should strive to be toward their animal partners. You truly do have my deepest condolences.

Honestly it hasnt but i wanted to share my feelings about her. i mean based on all my posts about my girl you would think im the last person to be here since she is such a great dog to me.
Sorry to hear it, Recon....its always a wrench to lose one, even when you expect it....Take a little consolation in the fact that she was here with you for a while, gave you her best, and left you when you were happy..hold to that... til you see her again.

Oh no, I'm sorry for your loss! :( I know she meant so much to you & I'm sure you gave her a great life in the time she had.

@Reconscope I can only imagine the pain you must be going through right now. It sounds like she ended up with the best person for her. She went from a life of abuse to your wonderful and caring hands. And in your hands she was able to experience love, happiness, comfort, and joy on another level she would have never got to experience without you.

Loss is never easy, it never will be. She will live on through your memories of her, she will always have a place in your heart, but knowing that won't take away the pain and numbness you are feeling right now. Unfortunately only time can do that.

That's the overall curse of being a zoophile. Our love and dedication to our animal love partners and not only a legitimate form of love, but also one that is deep and meaningful to us. But the curse is that their lifespan is short compared to ours. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, Recon. I know that your love to your girl was an exemplary example of what all zoos should strive to be toward their animal partners. You truly do have my deepest condolences.
Thanks it means much.

Sorry to hear it, Recon....its always a wrench to lose one, even when you expect it....Take a little consolation in the fact that she was here with you for a while, gave you her best, and left you when you were happy..hold to that... til you see her again.
Thx for that truly. The question here is to myself is sooner or later do i meet her. My life looking very black right now.

Life still has a sick form of humor though. As soon as life looks great something just has to happen to snatch it away.

Sorry for your loss my friend. I have been there before. Only thing that helps is time. Keep busy and don’t stair at your feet for too long

Ya, my girl wasn’t beat up too bad. What was bad was tossing her over my back and huffing her a mile.
yes its just holding her made me realize no more chrismas day/thanksgiving or whatever else holiday i had planned for/with her.

Back