Wouldn't you consider it inhumane to prohibit animals from enjoying sex?

oftenrobby

Tourist
To me it seems cruel to prohibit animals from having sex. For example; to own a dog and then never let it have sex, either with you or another dog. Or, any other animals you might own. I can attest to the enjoyment they get from being aroused and then having sex. I sure know that I would be depressed without any sexual activity.

I read somewhere that the Netherlands have a fund specifically for people who don't get any sex so that they're able to afford prostitutes. They view sex as a basic right, I believe the same is relevant to all people everywhere, and animals too. We were born with sex organs. Sexual needs are only natural. No living, loving being should be deprived thereof.🙂

I read somewhere that the Netherlands have a fund specifically for people who don't get any sex so that they're able to afford prostitutes. They view sex as a basic right, I believe the same is relevant to all people everywhere, and animals too. We were born with sex organs. Sexual needs are only natural. No living, loving being should be deprived thereof.🙂
Would you have the source of that? I've never heard friends or family in the Netherlands saying anything about this.

As for whether it's cruel to keep animals from enjoying sex, I agree. As too many people don't have the faintest idea about the fact that animals can enjoy sex, I'm not surprised that people keep animals from enjoying sex. For them, animal sex is "just a procedure" if there's money to be made from it. The possibility of enjoyment doesn't add to the revenue, so that's tossed aside.

Would you have the source of that? I've never heard friends or family in the Netherlands saying anything about this.

As for whether it's cruel to keep animals from enjoying sex, I agree. As too many people don't have the faintest idea about the fact that animals can enjoy sex, I'm not surprised that people keep animals from enjoying sex. For them, animal sex is "just a procedure" if there's money to be made from it. The possibility of enjoyment doesn't add to the revenue, so that's tossed aside.
Haha yep, couldn't agree more. It was an Instagram post that I saw it on. Found this online that says more or less the same thing.

Haha yep, couldn't agree more. It was an Instagram post that I saw it on. Found this online that says more or less the same thing.

Interesting. Perhaps one reason why I hadn't heard of it is because it's from 10 years ago and because sex is still a taboo. Apparently there are some provisions, but whether it is subsidized depends on where you live. When Nieuwsuur (investigative journalism) asked 22 larger local authorities, it appeared that only 6 of them would subsidize, another 6 would not, and 10 didn't have any policy guidelines and the AWBZ (health care law) doesn't subsidize sexual care.

Interesting. Perhaps one reason why I hadn't heard of it is because it's from 10 years ago and because sex is still a taboo. Apparently there are some provisions, but whether it is subsidized depends on where you live. When Nieuwsuur (investigative journalism) asked 22 larger local authorities, it appeared that only 6 of them would subsidize, another 6 would not, and 10 didn't have any policy guidelines and the AWBZ (health care law) doesn't subsidize sexual care.

Ah I see, the post I saw on Instagram a few days ago had some news extract in it. But as with everything on social media, it's authenticity can be questioned.

Still, I think anyone who's honest with themselves would admit to having sexual needs and would classify them as needs rather than wants.

And the Netherlands is famous for it's Red Light District after all.😂

Make that plural: red light districts. Not only in Amsterdam, but also in other major cities. One of my friends told me the quickest way for him to get to university was right through the Utrecht red light district. Ah well...

Back