Why's the site keep doing down? It's been multiple times this month alone. DDos?

iwanttobeabottom

Citizen of Zooville
Has there been something going on with the website/provider lately? I've been getting a lot of errors like these. 500, 502, and 503 errors. Also trying to download some "downloadfile.bin" file to my phone, and earlier on my computer two consecutive attempts at getting on here resulted in an automatically downloaded file with no file extension on it, which I'm not super thrilled over.

What's the deal? It's happening across two different WiFi networks and phone data.

1000018471.png1000018472.png

be sure https:// is at the beginning.
My browser is on HTTPS only mode, and it usually ends up with downloading a file if I click continue.

be sure https:// is at the beginning.
My browser is on HTTPS only mode, and it usually ends up with downloading a file if I click continue.
I never type that part of the web address when I come here. I always type it the same way; this stuff happens randomly.

What's the file, and why is it trying to get me to download it? And what are the two files that got forced to my computer earlier?

I never type that part of the web address when I come here. I always type it the same way; this stuff happens randomly.

What's the file, and why is it trying to get me to download it? And what are the two files that got forced to my computer earlier?
Not sure. I was curious and looked at it one day, and it was just nothing or some gibberish. I've mentioned this a few times, but no one checks why its doing it.
Sometimes if you type it in again it will load it right. But these are the best work arounds I have.

Not sure. I was curious and looked at it one day, and it was just nothing or some gibberish. I've mentioned this a few times, but no one checks why its doing it.
Sometimes if you type it in again it will load it right. But these are the best work arounds I have.
I've tried retyping it, but it will either try to get me to download the .bin file again, or sometimes switch from one 50(x) error to a different one.

Hey guys. I feel like for our privacy sake we are owed an explanation on exactly what is going on with this fourm and the DDos attacks that have seemed to be happening. So what gives? Why does the site keep getting taken down?

I messaged an admin on Feb 6, 2024 the following:

"I have been getting this message for the last couple of days. 'Oops! We ran into some problems. A server error occurred. Please try again later' "

and got no response. Pretty much has been happening every day since the first of the month for me. Sometimes you don't get any response except a timeout. Seems like someone should know what's going on...

I messaged an admin on Feb 6, 2024 the following:

"I have been getting this message for the last couple of days. 'Oops! We ran into some problems. A server error occurred. Please try again later' "

and got no response. Pretty much has been happening every day since the first of the month for me. Sometimes you don't get any response except a timeout. Seems like someone should know what's going on...
Same off and on.

Same here.
Couple of errors from database exceptions to 503 and a blank page.
The forum also has several broken features most notably notifications, so I think this should be used as an opportunity for a major upgrade as well.

It's been happening with me too, continuously getting data error occurred messages or a 502 notification, like once a day can I be online only due to this. 🤷‍♂️Just have to take a deep breath and roll my eyes 🙄

Has there been something going on with the website/provider lately? I've been getting a lot of errors like these. 500, 502, and 503 errors. Also trying to download some "downloadfile.bin" file to my phone, and earlier on my computer two consecutive attempts at getting on here resulted in an automatically downloaded file with no file extension on it, which I'm not super thrilled over.

What's the deal? It's happening across two different WiFi networks and phone data.

View attachment 534361View attachment 534362
I thought it was just me

My best guess is server overcrowded.
This site needs to be cleansed of all the fake people and stalkers that can't accept a no.
It's insane, the amount of them I encounter in pm's.
That's a good idea recommended , although highly unlikely it will ever happen. As for those in DMs, just press ignore button, they won't bother you again.

Yeah, even as an admin here I'm not 100% sure what's going on either. I do know it's server and also database related. I've been keeping up on the server logs and it seems that either 1) the forum is receiving a crap ton of user requests causing the server to bog down (could be DDOS but I'm not 100% sure on that) and/or 2) One of the plugins on the forum keeping crashing and sending a flood of corrupted requests to the database. The outage last week that caused the forum to be down for 6-8 hours was caused by a MySQL infinite request timeout loop, but that seems (for now) to be resolved. The forum software does need an update though. I have no idea if they're related, but it probably does need to be done sooner rather than later.

That's a good idea recommended , although highly unlikely it will ever happen. As for those in DMs, just press ignore button, they won't bother you again.
Hmmm I wasnt able to find that button will look again

Press on the one who's harassing you, click on they profile, you see follow, ignore, start conversation. You just press ignore 🤷‍♂️

The forum has 219,696 users.
Cleaning a couple dozen fake profiles would likely do nothing let alone the difficulty of identifying them.

Yeah, even as an admin here I'm not 100% sure what's going on either. I do know it's server and also database related. I've been keeping up on the server logs and it seems that either 1) the forum is receiving a crap ton of user requests causing the server to bog down (could be DDOS but I'm not 100% sure on that) and/or 2) One of the plugins on the forum keeping crashing and sending a flood of corrupted requests to the database. The outage last week that caused the forum to be down for 6-8 hours was caused by a MySQL infinite request timeout loop, but that seems (for now) to be resolved. The forum software does need an update though. I have no idea if they're related, but it probably does need to be done sooner rather than later.
I would like to see it updated very much.
And if that means getting rid of groups or something like that, well they are dead almost entirely anyway. :D

It has been super slow for me, but that depends on what I'm using to connect to Internet. I have several options and on in particular seems to be super slow. What I have noticed, is it takes a while to to resolve address or clicks (not sure of exact terminology) but once it does the page populates rather quickly.

Back