why, how and when sex with animals started to be taboo?

Probably was very nice when it was seen as normal
I think it was very normal at one point in time, and have even wondered how much of our genetics survived through the ice age due to that closeness.

I've often wondered way back when a man would have to go hunting for days, if the wife wasn't at home with companions for protection. I would think a sexual bond would have strengthened that connection and made them more protective of the kids and wife.

around the time arguing about who's invisible friend is better started to be a thing. then it probably peaked around the time the argument started to be about a single invisible friend... you know, the "omg you can do basic math! witch!" times.
gotta wonder what the world would've looked like (not just for "us" zoos) if dark age never happened.
Probably was very nice when it was seen as normal
doubtful it was ever seen as normal, just wasn't made much fuss over.

are there any religions that see it as normal or ok?
i think the ancient greeks were probably very liberal about sex with animals... i mean, there's loads of "zeus fucked *insert animal* or disguised himself as *insert animal* to seduce a woman" myths. i'm pretty sure it's also greece where some of the "someone having sex with an animal" statues are.
i think norse mythology also has some zoo-ey stories.

are there any religions that see it as normal or ok?
Well, the only parts of the world not totally dominated by the Abrahmic religions are India/east Asia, and maybe a handful of Indonesia islands that resisted the European conquest. So does it really matter?

It was always a little taboo, but it didn’t become straight up disgusting to people until like 3000 bc, a little later in the east, but it was never considered “normal”

It was always a little taboo, but it didn’t become straight up disgusting to people until like 3000 bc, a little later in the east, but it was never considered “normal”
That's a difficult jump. We weren't around then, we have no clue as to how well day to day life was recorded. It's entirely possible that it was viewed as normal and no records exist.

We can only speculate as to what was and wasn't normal.

We cannot and will never be able to prove one way or the other, and without lack of proof one way or the other, anything that we cannot disprove must be left on the table as being possible.

I would agree with what people have been saying from a historical stand point, But a good amount of the issues in the last 2 decades have been due to people creating scandals through their actions (sometimes pretty stupid actions) hitting the media such as say Mr Hands. And because of how connected everything is nowadays a juicy story can be on the other side of the planet in hours to fill holes in news outlets output. Then people start making noises with there government representatives and then you get laws to protect animals from the great wave of zoophiles out their doing who knows what to animals based on what they have just read or seen in the media. Which in many cases has been emballished or exaggerated. Then because zoos feel oppressed no one wants to come forward to set the record straight. Therefore the general public only ever gets to see things from the view point of people that have done the wrong thing or simply were to open about things, such as a guy who was having sex with his mare in an open paddock next to a main road. Of course the police were called, even two humans doing such a thing is going to draw the attention of the authorities given the location.

But back in the early nineties when I was at uni, I recall having a conversation with some friends and someone brought up a story they had just heard about a woman belly riding a stallion. And the consensus among the 6 random people discussing such things completely out of the blue was "it's a bit odd, but have you seen the size of a horse? Would it even fit?" But there was no moral or any other condemnation of the event.

So I think to a great extent the taboo nature of things has ebbed and flowed many many times in history. The only possible difference now compared to the past is that both sides pro and con for loving consensual animal intimacy is the internet that lets people come together and form community more so than was ever possible in the past. But only time will tell if things will be different moving forward from here, or if the wave continues oscillating between more and less acceptable in the public's eye.

I would agree with what people have been saying from a historical stand point, But a good amount of the issues in the last 2 decades have been due to people creating scandals through their actions (sometimes pretty stupid actions) hitting the media such as say Mr Hands. And because of how connected everything is nowadays a juicy story can be on the other side of the planet in hours to fill holes in news outlets output. Then people start making noises with there government representatives and then you get laws to protect animals from the great wave of zoophiles out their doing who knows what to animals based on what they have just read or seen in the media. Which in many cases has been emballished or exaggerated. Then because zoos feel oppressed no one wants to come forward to set the record straight. Therefore the general public only ever gets to see things from the view point of people that have done the wrong thing or simply were to open about things, such as a guy who was having sex with his mare in an open paddock next to a main road. Of course the police were called, even two humans doing such a thing is going to draw the attention of the authorities given the location.

But back in the early nineties when I was at uni, I recall having a conversation with some friends and someone brought up a story they had just heard about a woman belly riding a stallion. And the consensus among the 6 random people discussing such things completely out of the blue was "it's a bit odd, but have you seen the size of a horse? Would it even fit?" But there was no moral or any other condemnation of the event.

So I think to a great extent the taboo nature of things has ebbed and flowed many many times in history. The only possible difference now compared to the past is that both sides pro and con for loving consensual animal intimacy is the internet that lets people come together and form community more so than was ever possible in the past. But only time will tell if things will be different moving forward from here, or if the wave continues oscillating between more and less acceptable in the public's eye.
What I think is really unfortunate is current legislation makes it difficult for us to police our own community for fear of ourselves being persecuted.

So many here, including myself are staunchly against abuse of any kind, yet to assist law enforcement in taking care of issues that really need to be taken care of puts not just ourselves in potential danger, but those around us as well.

I think this quite possibly leads to allowing more abuse to continue, which in itself is also a threat to us by clouding public opinion.

No easy answer, except possibly do everything we can to protect ourselves and to perhaps find a way to take out the trash.

That's a difficult jump. We weren't around then, we have no clue as to how well day to day life was recorded. It's entirely possible that it was viewed as normal and no records exist.

We can only speculate as to what was and wasn't normal.

We cannot and will never be able to prove one way or the other, and without lack of proof one way or the other, anything that we cannot disprove must be left on the table as being possible.
Well we do have records, records of culture. We know, or at least have a good idea, of how these people behaved and what they considered right and wrong.

Well we do have records, records of culture. We know, or at least have a good idea, of how these people behaved and what they considered right and wrong.
Some records, but no records to indicate whether or not the existing records are accurate or to what percentage of the population at the time that they apply to.

In other words, the records that do exist point in a direction, but by no means give what one could call an accurate or clear depiction.

given how dangerous child birth was(and still is in many places) sex by other means would be pretty common if not just seen as "it is what it is just don't bring it up in polite company" sorta thing with lots of "be teh fucker not teh fuckie" mentality tho that of course would vary from group to group as teh one standard for humanity is "humans LOVE to fuck"

I agree that it became a real taboo with religion. Before Christianity or Islamism, I'm confident it was a common practice 🤔

I've just recently done some research on how long k9s have been alongside humans and stumbled across some information that is likely the source of the taboo.

Evidently there was a huge rabies outbreak about 4,000 years ago.

I want to look into this further and compare to religions texts and approximate dates.

Btw, the other research I was doing.. interesting as well..

Archeology had initially had us and k9s alongside each other for around 30,000 years. I thought that was a good long time until I found some more recent information obtained through molecular biology, that stated it appears to be more like 140,000 years!

As with most anything "forbidden" in any biblical sense it was likely due to disease, death from or complications there-of. As well as the typical "you should be making babies" drive that ever culture seems to impose on their youth lol

Likely it became problematic as people with less compassion simply used animals as sex toys usually resulting in the animals death from infection. In earlier days it was actually much harder to get proper veterinary care.

Today though... it's more just people seeing it as voiceless victims rather than loved and cherished life companions with a dash of sexual gratification on both sides from those who walk the good path.

As with most anything "forbidden" in any biblical sense it was likely due to disease, death from or complications there-of. As well as the typical "you should be making babies" drive that ever culture seems to impose on their youth lol

Likely it became problematic as people with less compassion simply used animals as sex toys usually resulting in the animals death from infection. In earlier days it was actually much harder to get proper veterinary care.

Today though... it's more just people seeing it as voiceless victims rather than loved and cherished life companions with a dash of sexual gratification on both sides from those who walk the good path.
In doing some other digging, I did find where there was a massive outbreak of rabies about 4000 years ago.

I'm going to dig more into that now and see if there's any correlation with dates to any texts, religious or otherwise.

I think it's always been taboo in most places cuz the majority of people will never be into it. People naturally like to hate on what they find disgusting, and it'll be easier to do that if only a few people like it. I don't think people need to be religious to feel that way.
on top of that I’d say the reason they probably found it disgusting is because back then without modern veterinary care many domesticated animals had diseases a lot. Honestly most sexual taboos came from the fear of people catching diseases from sex because back then there wasn’t much of an awareness of how to have sex safely and all people observed was people who had sex a lot with many people or animals got sick a lot. Those people in turn spread those diseases to the rest of the populace. So it became a social taboo to prevent the spread of disease in a society.

Back