Who was the first person you told in your life you were into zoo?

Loxcity

Tourist
Who was the very first Person you chose to tell candidly, and how did they react? How old were you? ☺️

The first person I told took it surprisingly well. I was a lot younger at the time, maybe around 18, and I had known him for around 3 years. We used to hang out and play video games, or we'd go hiking in the woods. One day we were talking about "kinks" we had and I admitted that I was zoosexual (which to be clear I do not see as a kink.) He was genuinely curious about it and asked me a few questions such as "Have you ever sexually been with an animal?" and even "No babies can be made doing that right? I hope not!" Overall his conclusion was "different folks like different strokes." He knows I'm an animal lover by nature. As far as I know he's kept my secret.

The second person I told was less of a happy story. I had been best friends with a guy for almost 8 years at that point. When he came out as gay in the 7th grade I was one of the few people that didn't leave him behind. A matter of fact, him coming out as gay changed how I viewed gay people at the time. Before that I was definitely 100% homophobic (like most kids in grade school.) But I stuck around and even defended him to others. Something he was greatly appreciative of. Well, many years go by and we're in our late teens/early 20s. I was at a very low point in my life and was suffering from, what I now understand was, manic depression. In a moment of weakness I told my best friend at the time that I was zoosexual. At first he seemed to take it okay. A week later he was messaging me concerned that I was hurting and raping animals. I explained to him that I was an animal lover at heart, something he already knew. I explained to him that my sexuality does not harm animals and in fact if the animal gets to choose it can 100% be mutual pleasure. He seemed to accept that answer was told me "Yeah, I shouldn't have doubted you. I know you're a good person and would never do anything to hurt anyone." We hung out a few more times but after about a month, maybe a month and a half later, he cut all contact with me. He'd never message me back and at one point unfriended and blocked me from all social media. I didn't see it coming. But as far as I know he hasn't told anyone about it. So at least there's that.

This one cut deep because him and I had history together. I thought surely he would accept me and my sexuality, but I was dead wrong about that. 8 years I knew the guy, but not even that was enough for him to accept me for who I am. It's sad really. After that, I never told another person myself.

The first person I told took it surprisingly well. I was a lot younger at the time, maybe around 18, and I had known him for around 3 years. We used to hang out and play video games, or we'd go hiking in the woods. One day we were talking about "kinks" we had and I admitted that I was zoosexual (which to be clear I do not see as a kink.) He was genuinely curious about it and asked me a few questions such as "Have you ever sexually been with an animal?" and even "No babies can be made doing that right? I hope not!" Overall his conclusion was "different folks like different strokes." He knows I'm an animal lover by nature. As far as I know he's kept my secret.

The second person I told was less of a happy story. I had been best friends with a guy for almost 8 years at that point. When he came out as gay in the 7th grade I was one of the few people that didn't leave him behind. A matter of fact, him coming out as gay changed how I viewed gay people at the time. Before that I was definitely 100% homophobic (like most kids in grade school.) But I stuck around and even defended him to others. Something he was greatly appreciative of. Well, many years go by and we're in our late teens/early 20s. I was at a very low point in my life and was suffering from, what I now understand was, manic depression. In a moment of weakness I told my best friend at the time that I was zoosexual. At first he seemed to take it okay. A week later he was messaging me concerned that I was hurting and raping animals. I explained to him that I was an animal lover at heart, something he already knew. I explained to him that my sexuality does not harm animals and in fact if the animal gets to choose it can 100% be mutual pleasure. He seemed to accept that answer was told me "Yeah, I shouldn't have doubted you. I know you're a good person and would never do anything to hurt anyone." We hung out a few more times but after about a month, maybe a month and a half later, he cut all contact with me. He'd never message me back and at one point unfriended and blocked me from all social media. I didn't see it coming. But as far as I know he hasn't told anyone about it. So at least there's that.

This one cut deep because him and I had history together. I thought surely he would accept me and my sexuality, but I was dead wrong about that. 8 years I knew the guy, but not even that was enough for him to accept me for who I am. It's sad really. After that, I never told another person myself.
Thanks for sharing your story. I can imagine how hard that was to lose a great friend in such a way. Especially when you stood up for them in the past. Hope I never have to deal with that. Good on you for pushing through.

The first person I openly told was a fwb I’ve known for well over 10 years and that was our relationship the whole time we’ve known each other. I approached the conversation soooo carefully and eventually asked if she’d ever try it. Thankfully her response was: “I’ll try anything once”. Was a great moment and she has never judged me obviously as I helped her try her first experience with her brothers dog. Only experience I’ve had and only person that knows. Others suspected when I was a teen but no one else has been told.

I've told it only to a close friend of mine, I was almost 30 at the time, if I remember well...
In any case, he was a bit shocked at first, but we are still friends to this day (and he never loses his chance to make zoo jokes when the right occasion occurs xD) even though he's not interested into this world.

The first person I told was probably my cat when I was a teenager 😅 ....but in all seriousness, I've never told anyone and likely never will. Even if that person accepted it, the risk of them letting slip to the wrong person isn't worth it.
I totally hear you on this one.

Maybe he had other problems that had nothing to do with you and your sexuality? This speaks for the fact that he also deleted others and withdrew altogether. Maybe a depression?! I also tend to ghosting when something becomes too much for me. To break down all the tents and start over is sometimes liberating.

Maybe he had other problems that had nothing to do with you and your sexuality? This speaks for the fact that he also deleted others and withdrew altogether. Maybe a depression?! I also tend to ghosting when something becomes too much for me. To break down all the tents and start over is sometimes liberating.
The thing is that he did later unblock me on social media and even accepted my friend request. I used to send him a "Hello, I hope you're still doing well for yourself?" Once or twice a year. He'd read it and then never respond to it. Eventually I just gave up. I've ran across him in a large supermarket in our town a couple of times. We'd usually say hi to each other and exchange pleasantries, then he'd go back to pretending I never existed. From what I've stalked on social media he still hangs out with all his old friends and hasn't ghosted anyone else. So far I'm the only one he's ghosted, as far as I know. I think it was more than just a coincidence that it was right after I told him about my sexuality. Especially after those messages he sent me a week later after telling him. They were very frantic in nature.

I do believe he just didn't want to be friends with "that guy that has sex with animals" because it is a very abnormal thing for a human to want to do. And for some, I know this sexuality is hard for people to process.

The thing is that he did later unblock me on social media and even accepted my friend request. I used to send him a "Hello, I hope you're still doing well for yourself?" Once or twice a year. He'd read it and then never respond to it. Eventually I just gave up. I've ran across him in a large supermarket in our town a couple of times. We'd usually say hi to each other and exchange pleasantries, then he'd go back to pretending I never existed. From what I've stalked on social media he still hangs out with all his old friends and hasn't ghosted anyone else. So far I'm the only one he's ghosted, as far as I know. I think it was more than just a coincidence that it was right after I told him about my sexuality. Especially after those messages he sent me a week later after telling him. They were very frantic in nature.

I do believe he just didn't want to be friends with "that guy that has sex with animals" because it is a very abnormal thing for a human to want to do. And for some, I know this sexuality is hard for people to process.
Ok, then i misunderstood. Yes, many people find it difficult or impossible to put themselves in the shoes of others and then have problems accepting deviations from their norm.
That is a great pity for your friendship.

I've only told two people ever, and one tried and failed to ruin my life with it. I was lucky enough that everyone in our circle was an compuslive liar who lied about everyone. Plus, i was a way better son to his mum than he was, so it just kinda blended in with his years of lies.

I've only told two people ever, and one tried and failed to ruin my life with it. I was lucky enough that everyone in our circle was an compuslive liar who lied about everyone. Plus, i was a way better son to his mum than he was, so it just kinda blended in with his years of lies.
Sorry you went through that. But glad they failed at their attempt

Back