Who else feels like it's a little hard to have sex with their own dog

I've thought about it before, but never felt it was a problem. They are my loves, members of my pack, alpha and beta females. Adult, sexually mature, sexually active dogs. Not children...

probably the main reason "we" are hated as much as pedos. "we" have sex with our "kids".

i mean, i kinda see why you think like that about your girl, but i never really had that problem myself. i got my girl as a six weeks old puppy and i taught her how to walk and eat solid food. i did see her as someone i have and want to care for, never as my daughter.

So. I have my beautiful German Shepard girl. But I can't bring myself to do anything sexual with her. She's like my kid to me. Anyone else feel the same at times?
Not really. but... I can't see why you have a problem here.

There is no *need* to go sexual. If you do not feel like it... just do not do it.
Play, enjoy, have fun both, take care of her. Nothing else is mandatory 😁

Ive always thought about this topic as a zoo, never liked how people raise animals then have sex with them ,to me they'd be like my children , I remember seeing a video of a woman with her puppy on some stairs playing & she was like that's my future lover, I felt disgusted .
It be better to adopt a grown dog or stray as it be more like you meeting someone or even saving them then falling in love

Ive always thought about this topic as a zoo, never liked how people raise animals then have sex with them ,to me they'd be like my children , I remember seeing a video of a woman with her puppy on some stairs playing & she was like that's my future lover, I felt disgusted .
It be better to adopt a grown dog or stray as it be more like you meeting someone or even saving them then falling in love
I'm actually glad you understand everyone has their own thing but there's nothing better than conquering their baggage together.

Just raising them from a puppy. But was just mainly curious if others have or haven't felt that way with their dog. I know I don't need a sexual relationship with her.

So. I have my beautiful German Shepard girl. But I can't bring myself to do anything sexual with her. She's like my kid to me. Anyone else feel the same at times?
Probably the biggest reason I’ve never done anything. Couldn’t get past the same feelings. You’re not alone.

Probably the biggest reason I’ve never done anything. Couldn’t get past the same feelings. You’re not alone.
Feeling is understandable, but I am sort of glad I never came to think of animals as "my kids".

Not to have sex, which anyway could never happen depending on the animal, but to keep *the option* of sex it we both felt like it

I'm assuming that if you have dogs, you adopted them when they were older?

I tend to select companions as pups as I like to train and expect a lot out of them. I enjoy them as pups when they are pups and when they grow up if they see me as a potential mate, then we explore that when it's time.

I tend to have the opposite issue, especially as I've gotten older, where I have trouble engaging with a dog who I don't have a strong bond with. As a result, I tend to stick with my usual partner and don't often seek out experiences with other bitches even when the possibility is there.

Not at all!
A dog is not a child. It is dangerous to humanize dogs! Humanizing them can quickly lead to misunderstanding what they actually are.

My dog is my friend, my companion, my lover and... my dog, a canine animal.

Last edited:
I don't like how people see them as 'kids' but I understand how they can feel that way. As others have said, if she feels like your kid to you, then there's no reason to go any further. Your girl has no understanding of these feelings of yours and will be fine to love you either way; a sexual relationship or not.

So I'm curious; would you look for another dog to experience your sexuality or would any dog under your care lead to you developing the same parental feelings? If I can infer this from your other posts, you have both a male dog and a female? You see one as a kid and the other not? Or is it just the raising them from a puppy that causes it?

Edit: I came in here thinking yes, it is impossible to mate with my girl, but interesting the post was not what I was expecting.
Not at all!
A dog is not a child. It is dangerous to humanize dogs! Humanizing them can quickly lead to misunderstanding what they actually are.

My dog is my friend, my companion, my lover and... my dog, a canine animal.
I'm not answering for anybody but myself but I'm sure others feel this way ,I don't look at any animal as kids yet when they are young they certainly are ,so imagine a person adopting a human child for the sake of they're well being to save them from a possible miserable life or just cause they're birth parants can't take care of them ect & when they grow up u become attracted to them or they come on to you ,this life that you chose to care for with a parental love turns sexual , doesn't that seem wrong? Not looking to argue I just hope everyone sees what I'm getting at

I'm not answering for anybody but myself but I'm sure others feel this way ,I don't look at any animal as kids yet when they are young they certainly are ,so imagine a person adopting a human child for the sake of they're well being to save them from a possible miserable life or just cause they're birth parants can't take care of them ect & when they grow up u become attracted to them or they come on to you ,this life that you chose to care for with a parental love turns sexual , doesn't that seem wrong? Not looking to argue I just hope everyone sees what I'm getting at
Without being strange about it I already can say myself. I prefer them when they are fully grown instead of being a puppy. At the very least they had time to develop their personalities.

However if I do get a puppy of my choosing most likely I'll spend as minimal time while someone else takes care of her but yet I will show up in time to time for her socialization. (Minimal yet meaningful contact)

To add some clarity. I raised her as a pup. No I'm not bummed out that I can't get over the feeling of wanting a sexual relationship. It wasn't really the plan either, but the idea popped up in my head about how I see my shep. I agree with adopting older dogs as well and being able to to sexual stiff with them as if they were a stranger you met.

Without being strange about it I already can say myself. I prefer them when they are fully grown instead of being a puppy. At the very least they had time to develop their personalities.
Ok, there I thought I was the only one who was not only after the cuteness* of puppies, just to abandon them as they grow up and "cuteness" goes away.

(*) Define cuteness as pissing in the house, wimpering, tripping over the sidewalk, destroying everything... Personally I like when they become minimally operational and independant

Ok, there I thought I was the only one who was not only after the cuteness* of puppies, just to abandon them as they grow up and "cuteness" goes away.

(*) Define cuteness as pissing in the house, wimpering, tripping over the sidewalk, destroying everything... Personally I like when they become minimally operational and independant
The cutest thing is the tripping over part making animal mistakes lol seeing their face reaction is priceless. As in awwww..... However yes I do prefer them independent.

Believe me when they are puppies I treat them as huggable "num nums" State of mind. However they are a puppy I am seeing myself as a parental figure to them. Destroying stuff is definitely low on the list of being cute 🤣

The cutest thing is the tripping over part making animal mistakes lol seeing their face reaction is priceless. As in awwww..... However yes I do prefer them independent.

Believe me when they are puppies I treat them as huggable "num nums" State of mind. However they are a puppy I am seeing myself as a parental figure to them. Destroying stuff is definitely low on the list of being cute 🤣
I act parental, but do not feel parental.
I guide and acompany, but are friends, companions. Not sons or daughters to me. And for sure they are NOT kids (auch... I hate those bastards 😛 Animals are much more responsive)

But. I admit I know how to segment. I've raised animals for food, so IF I am aware of what is their destiny I sort of can limit my feelings to a certain extend.

I act parental, but do not feel parental.
I guide and acompany, but are friends, companions. Not sons or daughters to me. And for sure they are NOT kids (auch... I hate those bastards 😛 Animals are much more responsive)

But. I admit I know how to segment. I've raised animals for food, so IF I am aware of what is their destiny I sort of can limit my feelings to a certain extend.
That's great to have such a opportunity 😆. We can't stop feeling connected but we can ensure their days are comforted.

If that's how you see it, I can see how that would be problematic, but I do not see it that way. I am largely a hedonist, if there's no harm and everyone has a good time, I am very unlikely to have any objections. To somewhat flip your question back at you, to raise a dog and keep it largely isolated, to deny it the simple pleasures of the flesh that most living beings desire, doesn't that seem wrong?

I am a caretaker and a guide for my dogs, I try to show them how to make the most of the world and provide them with safe and stimulating experiences. I am not their parent, we share at most a year or so before they are adults with adult desires. I do not force them to remain absinate nor do I force them into sex, if they express an interest in sharing a wonderful experience we share it, if not, we share everything else they want to share.

If that's how you see it, I can see how that would be problematic, but I do not see it that way. I am largely a hedonist, if there's no harm and everyone has a good time, I am very unlikely to have any objections. To somewhat flip your question back at you, to raise a dog and keep it largely isolated, to deny it the simple pleasures of the flesh that most living beings desire, doesn't that seem wrong?

I am a caretaker and a guide for my dogs, I try to show them how to make the most of the world and provide them with safe and stimulating experiences. I am not their parent, we share at most a year or so before they are adults with adult desires. I do not force them to remain absinate nor do I force them into sex, if they express an interest in sharing a wonderful experience we share it, if not, we share everything else they want to share.

Actually I'm against keeping any animal isolated as they all feel the need to explore the world just like humans & I don't like controlling aspects of they're life as I believe they should be free ,like I hate how people have they're animals spayed or neutered ,I suggest people at least let them mate once before doing so as all creatures have the right to bare young even if once ,Also most of all species dont become adults in just one year or 2 even 3, thats like saying just because a teenager becomes sexually active they are an adult which isn't true, but I understand your point as to we should not have control over what they do ,want ,need & desire

My relationships with my dogs starts as owner/caretaker when they're puppies. And a natural progression to sexual relationship when they reach physical and emotional maturity. They're pretty good about letting me know if/when they're ready.

Back