Which dog breeds are less likely to get Pyometra?

Rosie9999

Tourist
BANNED USER
(New to all of this)

My question is, is there like a rule of thumb for dog breeds that are less likely to get Pyometra as Ive read that overbreed breeds are weaker immune system?

(New to all of this)

My question is, is there like a rule of thumb for dog breeds that are less likely to get Pyometra as Ive read that overbreed breeds are weaker immune system?
To the besst of my knowledge, we don't even really know what actually causes it, let alone which breeds might or might not be resistant to it. Seems to me, based on what I've sen, that the "uterus full of pus" that we call pyo is more a "sypmtom" of "something else" (exactly what? Take your best guess...) going wrong and letting the infection get started than a "primary disease" in and of itself.

Weakened immune system, yes, that's any breed tho. A typical healthy female will likely never contract it, it's good to know, good to understand the signs, but don't waste energy on worry, just knowledge up buttercup and consider yourself prepared 😁

guess that's one of the perks "we" have compared to "normies". "we" can spot the symptoms way before it's too late. i don't mean just because sex, i just think a zoo is generally way more physical with their mates than a non-zoo. i did find a lump in my girl's teat (which ultimately probably saved her life since it was malign) way before it was big enough to just spot and do more damage just because she really likes teat massages i give. i don't think an average non-zoo "dog person" sets aside hour or more daily just to cuddle....

Back