Where is the active practice of zoophilia 100% unequivocally and unambiguously legal?

Just wondering because searching online it doesn't seem very clear, and wikipedia itself doesn't seem to make correct distinctions when it comes to a few grey areas, if you look at actual laws (if there happens to be any specifically). Thank you

i don't think there is such a place. where it's not covered in specific zoophilia laws, it just falls under abuse.

I think you're looking at it wrong. There aren't any laws that spell out if something is legal. Laws are there to say what is illegal. Like, there isn't any law that tells you walking on a sidewalk is legal, but there is a law that says jaywalking is illegal. Or there is no law that says you wear clothing in public, but there are laws that say you can't be nude in public. The speed limit for a particular road is 45 mph, but it doesn't specifically spell out that 42mph is legal. Get it?

If they say it is illegal in an area, then there is obviously a law against it. If there is no law against it, then you can reasonably assume it is legal. But you have to research the law yourself wherever it is you are looking to find out.

Just wondering because searching online it doesn't seem very clear, and wikipedia itself doesn't seem to make correct distinctions when it comes to a few grey areas, if you look at actual laws (if there happens to be any specifically). Thank you
Why do you ask, are you planning on moving to a place like this? The short answer is probably no, anywhere there are laws and a legal system, I suspect.

I mean, living in a banana republic simply to live in an environment where you can legally have sex with animals will probably come with a host of other unwanted trappings, like dysentery, and warlord factions.

I think you're looking at it wrong. There aren't any laws that spell out if something is legal. Laws are there to say what is illegal. Like, there isn't any law that tells you walking on a sidewalk is legal, but there is a law that says jaywalking is illegal. Or there is no law that says you wear clothing in public, but there are laws that say you can't be nude in public. The speed limit for a particular road is 45 mph, but it doesn't specifically spell out that 42mph is legal. Get it?

If they say it is illegal in an area, then there is obviously a law against it. If there is no law against it, then you can reasonably assume it is legal. But you have to research the law yourself wherever it is you are looking to find out.
Thank you for providing an actual answer. This is what I meant - laws specifically revolving around zoophilia or tied-in practices. If there aren't any then it should follow as you point out that it's legal. The problem is that wikipedia for example doesn't seem to correctly make such distinctions, or I didn't check the right pages

I'm curious about this as well. Did you know Wikipedia used to have a page dedicated entirely to this, before the admins deleted it? IIRC the reasoning was "we don't want to encourage this behavior" or something typical :/

The problem is that wikipedia for example doesn't seem to correctly make such distinctions, or I didn't check the right pages
Which pages did you check?

It is illegal. Everywhere. All it requires is a prosecutor to charge you with the ever ambiguous "animal cruelty" law that they have in some form or fashion. Whoever tells you otherwise is wrong.

Don't do stupid shit to get caught and you'll be fine.

Why do you ask, are you planning on moving to a place like this? The short answer is probably no, anywhere there are laws and a legal system, I suspect.

I mean, living in a banana republic simply to live in an environment where you can legally have sex with animals will probably come with a host of other unwanted trappings, like dysentery, and warlord factions.
takes the thrill of taping your mate out in the open when you need a water cooled barrel on your machine gun to protect your life and property 24/7

All it requires is a prosecutor to charge you with the ever ambiguous "animal cruelty" law that they have in some form or fashion.
Not necessarily. In some places the animal abuse laws are rather specific. E.g. in the infamous Enumclaw case (Washington, U.S.) they failed to prosecute for bestiality because there was no law against it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_sex_case. The most they got away with "trespassing". Of course, they passed a law banning bestiality quickly following the press coverage of the story.

There are other examples of cases where this has been "tested" in court, and the court was forced to let the accused person go. I think up until recently in Germany bestiality was clearly legal based on precedent set by a previous ruling? I know for a fact that bestiality was legal in Denmark until 2015.

Don't do stupid shit to get caught and you'll be fine.
This I very much agree with. I'm mainly interested for curiosity's sake. If OP is planning on moving somewhere that doesn't have a law against bestiality, I would strongly advise to reconsider, because the law can change at any time (and in many cases it's unclear whether or not it's
illegal as you described).

Thank you for providing an actual answer. This is what I meant - laws specifically revolving around zoophilia or tied-in practices. If there aren't any then it should follow as you point out that it's legal. The problem is that wikipedia for example doesn't seem to correctly make such distinctions, or I didn't check the right pages
Wikipedia pages are edited by users. Do not blindly trust what you read on there. You need to research the laws yourself for the area you're interested.

Or just don't do anything stupid to get caught.

Not necessarily. In some places the animal abuse laws are rather specific. E.g. in the infamous Enumclaw case (Washington, U.S.) they failed to prosecute for bestiality because there was no law against it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_sex_case. The most they got away with "trespassing". Of course, they passed a law banning bestiality quickly following the press coverage of the story.

There are other examples of cases where this has been "tested" in court, and the court was forced to let the accused person go. I think up until recently in Germany bestiality was clearly legal based on precedent set by a previous ruling? I know for a fact that bestiality was legal in Denmark until 2015.

This I very much agree with. I'm mainly interested for curiosity's sake. If OP is planning on moving somewhere that doesn't have a law against bestiality, I would strongly advise to reconsider, because the law can change at any time (and in many cases it's unclear whether or not it's
illegal as you described).
The thing is, found guilty or not, your life is ruined. It doesn't matter the outcome.

Wikipedia pages are edited by users. Do not blindly trust what you read on there. You need to research the laws yourself for the area you're interested.

Or just don't do anything stupid to get caught.
Yup wikipedia is worthless for any thing but material stuff like chemistry, even then you can't trust it, got to all ways cross verify reactions.

It is legal in Russia!

Yet they have laws against "non-traditional sexual relationships"... Can't bang a guy, but you can bang a sheep. So progressive 🤨
Russia is not progressive sadly. It killed its progressiveness in 1933 when you know who came into power.

And hey! it gets lonely in siberia!

No shit xD
If you are interested in the subject though, here is a great read i recommend everyone to check out.
It is from 1923, nearly 100 years ago! and its a great account of progressivism in the Russian Revolution.

There is no place where it is truly legal. There are places where it is not outlawed, but if you get caught they will find ways to charge you, or get you behind bars.

There is no place where it is truly legal. There are places where it is not outlawed, but if you get caught they will find ways to charge you, or get you behind bars.
This.

Even though it may not be specifically illegal, they'll usually just convict on indecency laws or animal abuse laws.

Or not even bother convicting and instead just stone you to death.
Yeah. Lots of people who live in first world countries seem to forget that capital punishment in other regions of the world is sometimes carried out by the villagers, and in some pretty gruesome ways. Having rocks thrown at one’s head until they pass away sounds right up there among the worst to me.

Here is yet another thought. Why is it important? Are you planning on having sex with one in public? If so, human sex in public is illegal in most places too you know. Otherwise just keep it at home and/or private anyway just like you would with sex with your gf or bf and nobody will be the wiser for it.

Back