When our best freinds get sick

Ownerstud

Tourist
To make a long story short, my boy has been listless and lower energy for almost a month. The vet originally found nothing wrong, but took him back last week and he has such low protein levels that they think their is something more going on they don't see. Does this sound familiar to anyone? He's 5/6 and has no known genetic history of medical issues/or at least his mom and dad never had any issues.

They gave me some special powder to mix with food, it's some form of protein. Doc said best analogy is " think of it like muscle protein powder, but it's not like that"
Like doc you said it's like this but not lol

I'm sorry to have to report, its not good news. I am not yet even able to process any emotions on what's coming.

On 11/1/2022* I had to make the decision and put Chewie to sleep. A rare form of cancer had taken root in his stomach which had spread. Multiple tests had failed to detect it as it even after clear signs something was wrong with him.

Ok, still haven't really gotten to feel anything inside myself other than a hollow empty emotional void since

We had much more of a bond far beyond I can put in words at this time.

Back