Whats you're favourite doggo?

Not trying to be funny, but maybe that sloped back makes them show pink most of the time... I know because I was given a 9 months old american GSD, and he does this frequently. He also looks clumsy running besides my other males (bigger breeds). I love him anyways, super smart and loving dog. He is almost 1 y/o now.
Nothing against your dog in particular, but showing pink when in a standing position (a lot of GSD show pink when sitting) is not a good thing the penis needs to stay moist to stay healthy so it really needs to stay safely in the sheath when not needed for "activities" Just keep an eye on it as he gets older to make sure the tip stays healthy and doesn't get irritated from drying out to much if it is really poking out that often.

Gotta be the German Shepherd :love: (slopped back or not who cares they are all gorgeous!)
GSD's are wonderful and amazing and I love em. But breeding for sloped backs often leads to health problems that can be painful for the dog. So who cares? We all should.

I love Shibas ? I like that they have their own head and how charming they are. They look so cute too! My dog is a Shiba mix, he's really stubborn and only really listens to me. I wont show him because he is easy to recognize, but he is much taller than a purebred
They have their own head? I really hope all dogs have their own head, all dogs need a head you know. How else could they give head. :gsd_wink:

Sorry I really just couldn't resist, I totally agree Shibas have very charming heads. :gsd_happysmile:

Lucky you to have such an awesome companion like him. Sucks that he got stabbed and attacked. Glad he got a good one in on the other dog and bit the intruder. If this had been my place and I was around at the time the intruder would have no knees left and he would have to sit to pee. The worthless dog would be on its way to puppy hell. A 9mm does interesting things to flesh and bone especially whn it is applied in the correct fashion and the bullets being used are hollow points. I value life and love all but that goes out the window when you screw with me and mine. I have an extremely sadistic side when it comes to trespassing assholes and their worthless mongrels and believe in dealing out immediate justice. I have no issues with going to jail for doing the right thing. Truth is what jury or judge is going to convict in such a case as this?
Can you really blame the dog for how it has been brought up and trained though? From the dogs point of view it is just trying to do what the bastad of a human was telling it and protecting his human as a loyal dog. Are the acts terrible and wrong? Yes! But I still hold the human more at fault than the dog.

The Borzoi.
f11d1926082eb7098e682cbc47ec97c4.jpg

Nothing against your dog in particular, but showing pink when in a standing position (a lot of GSD show pink when sitting) is not a good thing the penis needs to stay moist to stay healthy so it really needs to stay safely in the sheath when not needed for "activities" Just keep an eye on it as he gets older to make sure the tip stays healthy and doesn't get irritated from drying out to much if it is really poking out that often.

Oh, no, I was only refering when they sit and show pink, not in a standing position

Oh, no, I was only refering when they sit and show pink, not in a standing position
Cool, that's not really a problem then; as the sitting position is when the sheath is the loosest, and the penis in many GSD poke out to say hi when they are sitting, but is safely covered in standing or dropped positions which are the two main position they will spend most of their time in.

Definitely an Akita, mainly because I grew up with one and they're just the best x3
View attachment 148322
I know an Akita Shiba inu mix and she had a personality that was an 11 out of 10. She was really smart and in the looks department she was very beautiful taking the best from the breeds that she had in her . They are great dogs.

That's my boy!! Survived being stabbed twice by an intruder while protecting his land from a pit bull that jumped into our yard and the dogs worthless owner.

I would like to see almost any other dog survive the encounter he survived.. Having to deal with a dog and an armed human

One on left(white)

They take you together sometimes?

Bernese mountain dogs might be my favorite, but I'm a sucker for any big dog. Some other faves: Labs, Goldens, Akitas, Huskies, German Sheps, Rhodesians. Used to work at a kennel, loved getting to meet all kinds of dogs.

That’s a hard question and not easily answered. If it’s a companion I am raising it needs to be smart, easily trainable, sociable of at least a size to be intimidating, and a healthy breed(vets aren’t cheap). Having said that I have personally raised a Samoyed, Saluki, Great Pry, Bouiver des Flanders and a Belgium Malinois and I have loved them all. I think a ridgeback would be great I’d like an Akita but I am tired of vacuuming, a bill Mastiff but a bit wetter mouth than I want. This is a hard question as I am thinking of a pup again and not sure what I want.

The breed I absolutely fell in love with is the komondor. If you've ever seen the cover of Beck's "Odelay" album, it looks like someone threw a bath rug over a fence. I honestly thought that's what it was, and i thought it was the dumbest idea for an album cover ever.

Then I found out that that's a dog.

Their smaller cousin, the puli, starred in a beer commercial. Some guy who couldn't bring his dog into a bar put it on his head and pretended he was a Jamaican Rastafarian with dreadlocks.

I'd never get either of them, just because the haircare maintenance is apparently a full-time job, but damn, they're adorable.

My favorite doggo will probably forever be my girl (she’s my first 💕)
She’s a long haired GSD, looks very much like a European shepherd and the most beautiful thing in my entire world :gsd_love:
She’s so caring but also independent and very smart. Now excuse me, I have a snuggle session to return to!

Welp... I've always LOVED Huskies, their looks and playful energy have always suited me to a "T". That's why I've had two husky companions over the years... But then I got an adorable American Eskimo and she was fantastic. Really won me over, even though she was a small dog (and I prefer BIG and rough and tumble ;) Since all my previous lovers have flown over the rainbow bridge (*sniff*, *sniff*) I have recently become acquainted with Swiss Shepards and I am absolutely SMITTEN! Definitely a Swissy will by my next doggo!

Back