What song are you listening to?

He performs in quite a few bands :) One of my favourite projects is Solution.45^^ Still got that Scar Symmetry vibe :)

That's pretty good. It's always interesting to follow specific artists and see what kinds of other projects and bands they're a part of.

That actually reminds me, there's a band I've liked for a long time and I was actually curious to see if their vocalist was doing any other projects because I loved his vocals. Come to find out he runs a TTRPG puppet YouTube channel now lol. But here's the band:

That's pretty good. It's always interesting to follow specific artists and see what kinds of other projects and bands they're a part of.

That actually reminds me, there's a band I've liked for a long time and I was actually curious to see if their vocalist was doing any other projects because I loved his vocals. Come to find out he runs a TTRPG puppet YouTube channel now lol. But here's the band:

Haha that's one way to go :D

Grimwolf sounds good^^

There are so many projects by so many artists that it's hard to keep track of them all :) But I'm always on the lookout for new bands and tracks :) This one I found a few days ago^^

Haha that's one way to go :D

Grimwolf sounds good^^

There are so many projects by so many artists that it's hard to keep track of them all :) But I'm always on the lookout for new bands and tracks :) This one I found a few days ago^^

I feel that. My main playlists are so big at this point that sometimes I'll see a song by a band whose discography I haven't completely explored, so I'll just go listen to all of it and I'll just think to myself "why didn't I do this sooner?" lol. Most recent of which would be this band, who I think I may have posted here already a few days ago lol.

I feel that. My main playlists are so big at this point that sometimes I'll see a song by a band whose discography I haven't completely explored, so I'll just go listen to all of it and I'll just think to myself "why didn't I do this sooner?" lol. Most recent of which would be this band, who I think I may have posted here already a few days ago lol.

Instant like :D gonna add them to my list :p

This band was the same for me :) Like, how did I not know them before now? :D

Instant like :D gonna add them to my list :p

This band was the same for me :) Like, how did I not know them before now? :D

Oh fuck yeah, that's lit. This song showed up on one of my discover playlists and I listened to it earlier tonight, another one to add to the list of bands I need to deep dive.
At this rate I'm gonna need to dedicate an entire night to just sitting down and listening to a fuckload of albums. :gsd_love:

Oh fuck yeah, that's lit. This song showed up on one of my discover playlists and I listened to it earlier tonight, another one to add to the list of bands I need to deep dive.
At this rate I'm gonna need to dedicate an entire night to just sitting down and listening to a fuckload of albums. :gsd_love:

I've got another song from them in my list:

Currently listening to the latest album from these guys :)

I've got another song from them in my list:

Currently listening to the latest album from these guys :)

Ooh damn, that's good. That one went straight to my main playlist instantly lol.

Speaking of latest albums, one of my favorites dropped a new album literally yesterday and I totally forgot. Guess I know what I'm gonna have on repeat today.

Ooh damn, that's good. That one went straight to my main playlist instantly lol.

Speaking of latest albums, one of my favorites dropped a new album literally yesterday and I totally forgot. Guess I know what I'm gonna have on repeat today.

Like Moths To Flames nice :D I'm gonna have a listen to that album as well :)

If you like them, you probably know this band :)

Like Moths To Flames nice :D I'm gonna have a listen to that album as well :)

If you like them, you probably know this band :)
It's a solid album. Chris Roetter's vocals get better and better lol.

And yeah, I've heard of Currents but I haven't listened to everything they've made. The song you linked is probably my favorite by them out of what I've heard.

Slipping Slowly / Ben Watt & Robert Wyatt .(1983)​

It's a solid album. Chris Roetter's vocals get better and better lol.

And yeah, I've heard of Currents but I haven't listened to everything they've made. The song you linked is probably my favorite by them out of what I've heard.
I'll check it out :)

Yea same here, haven't listened to all of their songs yet^^

Another recent discovery :D This one has been on repeat for the past few days :)

I'll check it out :)

Yea same here, haven't listened to all of their songs yet^^

Another recent discovery :D This one has been on repeat for the past few days :)

Lol I can definitely see why.

Not a recent discovery, but rather one of the first bands that got me into the genre.

Guess I should share the song that tainted my mind as a wee lad. Like Light to the Flies was the bait, but this was the trap lol.

Lol I can definitely see why.

Not a recent discovery, but rather one of the first bands that got me into the genre.

Guess I should share the song that tainted my mind as a wee lad. Like Light to the Flies was the bait, but this was the trap lol.
Haha and you never looked back :D Old school Trivium was the best^^

Other than the usual metalbands like Slipknot, Korn, Evanescence, etc... I think the first bands that really got me into the genre were:

Haha and you never looked back :D Old school Trivium was the best^^

Other than the usual metalbands like Slipknot, Korn, Evanescence, etc... I think the first bands that really got me into the genre were:

Lol yeah their old stuff hits different. I still like their newer stuff but my tastes have changed a little bit over the years.

I grew up mainly listening to rock/punk and Seether was the first band I listened to that had "harsh" vocals, which I really liked. I suppose that was probably my gateway into eventually discovering the genre proper.

Lol yeah their old stuff hits different. I still like their newer stuff but my tastes have changed a little bit over the years.

I grew up mainly listening to rock/punk and Seether was the first band I listened to that had "harsh" vocals, which I really liked. I suppose that was probably my gateway into eventually discovering the genre proper.
Slipknot and Korn were the first 2 heavy bands for me :) They were my introduction to Metal^^

Before I turned 15, I was actually into R&B if you can believe it :D Justin Timberlake, Ne-yo, Usher, etc... Then bands like Zornik, AFI, Arctic Monkeys, Panic at the Disco, Sum 41 and Linkin Park got me into the Rock genre :D

Slipknot and Korn were the first 2 heavy bands for me :) They were my introduction to Metal^^

Before I turned 15, I was actually into R&B if you can believe it :D Justin Timberlake, Ne-yo, Usher, etc... Then bands like Zornik, AFI, Arctic Monkeys, Panic at the Disco, Sum 41 and Linkin Park got me into the Rock genre :D

Dude, I actually totally believe it lol. Metal is my soul food but I listen to so many types of music. I went through a lot of musical phases as a kid up until my late teens. I was the only male equivalent of the "Green Day girls" in school lol. In hindsight maybe that was one of the first signs that I wasn't straight. :gsd_laughing:

Some of my other "phases" growing up were Radiohead, Coldplay (pre Viva specifically), Eminem. But I pretty much grew up on all the stuff that was popular during the 2000s-2010s.

Honestly at this point as long as it's not gospel I'll listen to anything. Most days I need my metal fix but I have days where it's electro swing or smooth jazz all day. Lofi or synthwave to start the day, fall asleep to Will Ramos screaming sweet lullabies into my ears. Lol.

Dude, I actually totally believe it lol. Metal is my soul food but I listen to so many types of music. I went through a lot of musical phases as a kid up until my late teens. I was the only male equivalent of the "Green Day girls" in school lol. In hindsight maybe that was one of the first signs that I wasn't straight. :gsd_laughing:

Some of my other "phases" growing up were Radiohead, Coldplay (pre Viva specifically), Eminem. But I pretty much grew up on all the stuff that was popular during the 2000s-2010s.

Honestly at this point as long as it's not gospel I'll listen to anything. Most days I need my metal fix but I have days where it's electro swing or smooth jazz all day. Lofi or synthwave to start the day, fall asleep to Will Ramos screaming sweet lullabies into my ears. Lol.
I remember the Eminem phase^^ I think the Slim Shady bug bit almost everyone :D

Everyone has guilty pleasures :) In the mornings I wake up to Sam Smith or Aurora :p The rest of the day is usually Metal^^ I love Metal combined with Electonica or anything else that's a weird combination :D

Lofi or Smooth Jazz (with or without rain sounds) on the evenings where I'm reading a book next to a Youtube 4k crackling fireplace video playing on the tv 😜

I remember the Eminem phase^^ I think the Slim Shady bug bit almost everyone :D

Everyone has guilty pleasures :) In the mornings I wake up to Sam Smith or Aurora :p The rest of the day is usually Metal^^ I love Metal combined with Electonica or anything else that's a weird combination :D

Lofi or Smooth Jazz (with or without rain sounds) on the evenings where I'm reading a book next to a Youtube 4k crackling fireplace video playing on the tv 😜

Lol are we the same person? :gsd_stunning:

I also really like hybrid genres. Metal/rap, metal/electronic, metal/chiptune go so hard.

Such a vibe. Some days you just need that Animal Crossing OST with rain sounds going in the background.

Lol are we the same person? :gsd_stunning:

I also really like hybrid genres. Metal/rap, metal/electronic, metal/chiptune go so hard.

Such a vibe. Some days you just need that Animal Crossing OST with rain sounds going in the background.
Hha wonder what else we got in common? :D

Animal Crossing yes^^ I usually listen to the Beastars OST with rain sounds or the Persona 5 OST with rain sounds :D both got that Smooth Jazzy vibe to it^^

Got a feeling you're gonna like this one :)

Hha wonder what else we got in common? :D

Animal Crossing yes^^ I usually listen to the Beastars OST with rain sounds or the Persona 5 OST with rain sounds :D both got that Smooth Jazzy vibe to it^^

Got a feeling you're gonna like this one :)
Lol at initial glance I could at least think of a couple of things probably.

I actually find I don't listen to OSTs much in general, though I used to all the time. Usually it's when I want a nostalgia trip lol. I actually have a pretty bad habit of turning my music volume in games down because it's just a habit to have Spotify blasting, especially if it's multiplayer.

And yeah, that's a banger.

Back