What dog breed to choose for huggies?

D

Donea

I'm thinking about getting doggie as a companion. Problem is even tho I like dogs I don't have any knowledge about breeds.

I really like great danes. I mean in sense of overall looks, not D size. They seem to have short fur that won't make such mess at home and what is moast importand they are big.
Big BOI = good huggies

I'm looking for breeds that are larger and friendly toward humans. I know that beasicly all dogs are friendly bois cause we selectively breed them to be such, but I heard that there are some differences beetween breeds. That some of breeds have psychological patterns that happen. For instance chihuahuas that are devils that could bite off your face if only their size wouldn't be a problem.
Also I look for dog that has shorter fur at best cause it's gonna leave it everywhere. I heard that some rummor about breeds that don't sheed just constantly loose a bit of fur like humans do.

summary of what traits my dream doggo has in order of importance:
Large boi
Friendly boi(want huggies)
short fur
black fur

What breeds fit that points?
Is there something I should be aware of?
What are the costs of getting such breeds and maintaining them?

Is there something I should be aware of?
What are the costs of getting such breeds and maintaining them?
Large breeds usually have half the lifespan of medium/small breeds. So you are most likely going to loose your dog in 7 years instead of 14. That is something I would want to avoid at all costs.

Always check what are common health problems of the given breed. For example bulldogs are known to have breathing issues and some breeds are not even able to breed naturally anymore. A certain show focused lineages of gsds have so deformed hind legs that it is basically painful to even see them walk.
You do not want to contribute to the continuation these problems.

The larger the dog the more money you will have to have. Vet visits are going to be more expensive, the dog will eat more, larger toys are more expensive...
As a rule of thumb you want a dog you can comfortably lift up onto a table. Because your dog will get old and he is going to inevitably need your help and support.

The larger the dog the more important things like socialization and training are. You are not going to want to get into a fight with another dog when your dog has 50kg and 3 times your strength.

When buying a puppy you want to see the parents and you want to meet the puppies at their home. Basically to inspect their background a living conditions. Many people have bought basically abused dogs in bad health conditions from horrible people, you do not want to do that.

Large breeds usually have half the lifespan of medium/small breeds. So you are most likely going to loose your dog in 7 years instead of 14. That is something I would want to avoid at all costs.

Always check what are common health problems of the given breed. For example bulldogs are known to have breathing issues and some breeds are not even able to breed naturally anymore. A certain show focused lineages of gsds have so deformed hind legs that it is basically painful to even see them walk.
You do not want to contribute to the continuation these problems.

The larger the dog the more money you will have to have. Vet visits are going to be more expensive, the dog will eat more, larger toys are more expensive...
As a rule of thumb you want a dog you can comfortably lift up onto a table. Because your dog will get old and he is going to inevitably need your help and support.

The larger the dog the more important things like socialization and training are. You are not going to want to get into a fight with another dog when your dog has 50kg and 3 times your strength.

When buying a puppy you want to see the parents and you want to meet the puppies at their home. Basically to inspect their background a living conditions. Many people have bought basically abused dogs in bad health conditions from horrible people, you do not want to do that.
lifespan is something I'm worried about. I don't want to loose dog and also it's not just shorthened, but also dog is going to have some health issues to die of.

My main condision I forgot to add is the "correctness" of the breed. What i mean by correctness is that that it's not gonna have artificial traits that are just for sake of looks. The closer in looks to natural wolf its gonna be better I think.
Also not be able to bread WTF? I thought in that case breeders would stop or smth.

Money is gonna be a problem for now. I don't have job for now and I'm not going to get a dog untill I'm going to have some stable employment amd hefty amount at bank account for surprise vet.
I guess I'm gonna be spending a lot on toys and stuff for dog. I'm gonna spoil my boi a bit. ^w^

About socialization. I'm gonna be extremely cautious about that. I want to properly rise dog and I alread have concerns about me keeping discipline cause instead of punishing I'm probably going to be peting it or something. I'm gonna to look for some course or anything before getting an dog.

I know that I need to be caucious about breeder. I have friends that are in topic of breeders and try to use them to get inside.

Also not be able to bread WTF? I thought in that case breeders would stop or smth.
That is what artificial insemination is for. In some cases nowadays even dogs that could have sex normally are not allowed to for some reason.

The closer in looks to natural wolf its gonna be better I think.
A couple of breeds like this exist. Look for wolfdogs. But their looks are very far from great danes. :D
Or get a random mix.

I guess I'm gonna be spending a lot on toys and stuff for dog. I'm gonna spoil my boi a bit. ^w^
In my experience the best toys are simple everyday objects. :D And the best treat is simple boiled meat.

sounds like a rottweiler fits your "appearance needs"... black? check. big? check. cuddles? check. they are a very contact breed. dobermans are like that too i think. the "one person's" kind of breed that would jump off a bridge with you.

a black lab might fit that description too... if you want to avoid having to explain "he really won't maul you" wherever you go. both rotties and dobbies have a pretty bad reputation thanks to movies and similar media (notice who usually plays the "evil" dog in them) and ppl wanting a "tough-looking" dog and then not socializing or spending time with them at all. a rottie girl i used to know is still the sweetest and cuddliest creature i've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

with all that said tho, what's your lifestyle and living conditions like is the most important thing when picking a breed.

For example bulldogs are known to have breathing issues and some breeds are not even able to breed naturally anymore.
to add a bit to that. the regular "breed standard" bulldog of today is so malformed they're not only bred by artificial insemination but also have to usually be born via c-section. i'm not sure if it's because the female's pelvis simply can't pass a pup or there vaginas got too small. it's just how it is and for some reason it's okay for a "breed standard" to be like that. and "we" are the evil ones....

sounds like a rottweiler fits your "appearance needs"... black? check. big? check. cuddles? check. they are a very contact breed. dobermans are like that too i think. the "one person's" kind of breed that would jump off a bridge with you.

a black lab might fit that description too... if you want to avoid having to explain "he really won't maul you" wherever you go. both rotties and dobbies have a pretty bad reputation thanks to movies and similar media (notice who usually plays the "evil" dog in them) and ppl wanting a "tough-looking" dog and then not socializing or spending time with them at all. a rottie girl i used to know is still the sweetest and cuddliest creature i've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
[...]
They are perfect, but hard to choose now cause I want all three. ; - ;

Back