We all know there are things that are overrated, what's something that is underrated?

Insects are underrated. They are very diverse and fascinating. They are found almost everywhere, making them perfect to collect and raise as a fun project. Most people's default behavior type when encountering one is to enter killing mode, though. Why? It cannot be intrinsic... :(

This, this amazing, amazing game. http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php . I feel as if not many know about it, but let me say this, it's essentially Contra, but better, I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys side scrolling shooters, not to mention the fact that the soundtrack fucking kicks ass.

Insects are underrated. They are very diverse and fascinating. They are found almost everywhere, making them perfect to collect and raise as a fun project. Most people's default behavior type when encountering one is to enter killing mode, though. Why? It cannot be intrinsic... :(
Why not.... Biting insects are a long term bane of humanity and have been a problem since before we were humans. Those stored product pests, flour beetles, cadelles, darkling beetles, dermestidae, cigarette and drugstore beetles( which can EAT certain insecticides, and work their way in or out of sealed metal containers) the list is endless.... steal our food and spoil far more than they eat.... Ever found a package of ramen with a hole in it and web inside? It's a moth larvae... The moth is gone, but the leavings are inside the package.... That larvae didn't chew INto the bag, friend.... It chewed its way OUT. Mama laid her eggs in the wheat in the field....we all eat a certain number of insect eggs every day. Even you vegans do. Then there's cuties like the assassin bug family which can carry Chagas' Disease.... That one's known as a kissing bug. Fatal kisses indeed.

Kill first, ask questions later is a natural reaction.

You had me up til "MARRIAGE"

Thanks for proving my point.

All possible jokes aside-

It doesn't have to happen necessarily... I just wouldn't want to be cheated on. That seems to be commonplace nowadays and it would ruin my life as well as my emotional state if it happened. Sounds like too much drama? Ok, bye. It's very real to me.

If you guarantee that it'll never happen, and it doesn't... Long term without marriage is fine for me, I guess. I just want that commitment to last. Of course, animals can always come between us, as long as it doesn't draw us apart.

Sound more reasonable? Is it too much to ask for?

Thanks for proving my point.

All possible jokes aside-

It doesn't have to happen necessarily... I just wouldn't want to be cheated on. That seems to be commonplace nowadays and it would ruin my life as well as my emotional state if it happened. Sounds like too much drama? Ok, bye. It's very real to me.

If you guarantee that it'll never happen, and it doesn't... Long term without marriage is fine for me, I guess. I just want that commitment to last. Of course, animals can always come between us, as long as it doesn't draw us apart.

Sound more reasonable? Is it too much to ask for?
If a relationship has legs, marriage won't make a bit of difference.... If it DOESN'T have legs, all marriage can do is complicate it. What life change comes with guarantees?

We're looking for things that are underrated, not overrated.

On topic, buttered toast. Simple and satisfying.
Don't be a jerk. At least look at the rest of my posts on this thread, then you might find out why I wanted commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be an idiot. Marriage is a complete waste of money and a legal trap that is absolutely not worth it. If you love someone, be with them. There is no need to get the government involved.

If you love someone enough, you will stay with them. It's not a trap at all.

My sport of range shooting. This type of sport can’t get big tv for the life of it.
It never will, pardner....its a sport that requires developing a certain set of skills...and the need for that skillset, like Fencing, is fading into History. There's no big advert dollars backing it, you shouldn't be doing it with a Beer alongside you, and even Fast Draw, which resolves quickly, isnt going to fetch a big audience....either you're shooting or you're bored. I hate it too, but any TV needs sponsors....sponsors need sales....and sales are generated by excitement...at its best level...excitement ain't what the SHOOTER wants....
Paintball will get it before shooting sports will.

It never will, pardner....its a sport that requires developing a certain set of skills...and the need for that skillset, like Fencing, is fading into History. There's no big advert dollars backing it, you shouldn't be doing it with a Beer alongside you, and even Fast Draw, which resolves quickly, isnt going to fetch a big audience....either you're shooting or you're bored. I hate it too, but any TV needs sponsors....sponsors need sales....and sales are generated by excitement...at its best level...excitement ain't what the SHOOTER wants....
Paintball will get it before shooting sports will.
It’s terrible really. Shit I got more respect plying tennis then ringing steel at 800. And I suck at tennis. But it takes a special person to love the smell of burnt powder in the morning. The only thing I hate about it, is the expense.

Yep....theres a lot to be said for knowing how far out you can reach out and touch. Not much for hunting at those ranges, but shooting is a charge.

Kill first, ask questions later is a natural reaction.
Well, I guess you are right about that. In the cases of insects to people someone politically disagrees with, killing them seems to be the first reaction. I guess I need to get out of my faith-in-humanity delusion and start living in the real world. 🍻
And for what you said, Saddlebum, I agree that you can defend yourself against insects perfectly fine. I just mean going out of one's way to kill bugs that are not bothering them at all seems wasteful. The vast majority of insects do nothing to hurt anyone, but the ones that do cause a prejudice that gives them all a bad rap...

Back