Video question

Only certain types of videos, usually mp4s are playable directly in the browser. Use firefox if it does not play in your microsoft explorer. :D Some users do did not understand that and uploaded videos in wmv or other obscure and uncomfortable formats which have to be downloaded and played separately using vlc player most of the time as this player is very good at playing various videos.

Some videos only exist in wmv or other obscure formats and reencoding them only decreases the quality - that is mostly not so good anyway for those files. Why should an uploader care about the setup a particular user uses anyway ? I mean there are people even using apple hardware and that isn't very supportive of formats anyway. I pretty much gave up on encoding stuff so in also plays there as the available formats wouldn't let me get my vids into the filesize limit of the chat in acceptable quality using the formats available with my video editing software XD Also couldn't do two-step encoding as that software didn't let me just copy out partial videos without re-encoding.

Back