Unpleasant Vaginal Taste

Maui69

Citizen of Zooville
So I've been going down on my husky for quite a while and these past few weeks, her taste was rather bitter and unsavory, unlike the sweetness it was before and even sweeter during her heat.

She eats Pedigree, raw chicken, and cooked mince meat with veggies. It depends on how broke I am that week and what the store has on sale. I always have at least 1/4 bag of pedigree (the yellow bag) in case I'm totally broke and can't buy even for me.

She gets plenty of exercise because I take her out for a 5/10km bike ride once every two or three days (I have her jogging, not running).

Any ideas?

With a high probability, this is not related to nutrition.
I would rather suggest that this may be due to the period of the dog's maturation, the phase of its reproductive cycle, the number of sexual intercourse, and where you spew your seed ... etc. Unfortunately, without proper examination, this is just a guess. And this is not a thankful job.
Perhaps you should indicate the age of the dog, and the phase of the reproductive cycle at the time the taste appeared. But unfortunately, it will still be speculation.
Sorry for my bad english.

Well, her second heat began on the 21st of December and this taste was about two weeks ago, maybe three. I didn't penetrate her this heat cycle nor did I try after it

When's the last time you changed (or perhaps used?) your toothbrush? :)

But seriously, without a lot more info, probably including the results of multiple tests, trying to figure out what's up is gonna be one helluva tough task, methinks. It ain't exactly something you can ask the vet about. Although I can imagine the scene if one were to try...

"Yeah, doc, my dog's hoo-hoo tastes nasty - wuddaya think the problem might be?"
"Hmmm... dunno... lemme go check my vet manual..." <vet leaves, time passes>
Vet walks back in followed by a cop or three. "That's him, officers - he says his dog's sex organs taste bad."
Officers: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say...

lmao yes that's why I'm asking here. I can't go to the vet and say that her vay-yay tastes funny lol
although it's not illegal here

The last time I changed my toothbrush was never, I bought it a few years back and never changed it. I brush once a day at night after dinner and usually we do stuff after that

Not that I've noticed. I did notice a rotten smell like if she had a miasis in her vulva and took her to the vet but they told me that she was fine with nothing to worry about

Not that I've noticed. I did notice a rotten smell like if she had a miasis in her vulva and took her to the vet but they told me that she was fine with nothing to worry about
This was during her heat

PH imbalance most likely. Unless she may have an infection, which can be more or less visible. I’m not sure what you can use for PH correction but they do sell PH test kits to see what she can be at.

You are aware that there are some fairly intensive changes to the vaginal tissue leading up to (proestrus), and following after actual "standing heat" (full blown estrus) right? Might be related to that, though I'd hesitate to say it's definitely the cause. From reading I've done over the years, the diestrus phase (the period of reversion to the anestrus state of a bitch, which is their state for the majority of the year) can take as much as 8-10 weeks.

Give it a bit more time, perhaps?

Probably. Her attitude hasn't changed at all so I'm not worried. I'm concerned because of the taste but not much more

Watch out for pyometra. If she was on heat december now its very propable time for it to happen.

Ho

Hold your nose. Lol or gum/ mints until it passes.
Ouch. In my opinion, based on personal experience - don't ask! - mint or menthol on genitals == It burns us, my precious! Take it off! Take it off!

Uh, yeah, I did just recently go through the full set of "extended cut" versions of the Peter Jackson Middle Earth flicks. From Hobbit to King. Gollum! ? Still working on getting my brain back into something that resembles real-world mode :)

Well, her second heat began on the 21st of December and this taste was about two weeks ago, maybe three. I didn't penetrate her this heat cycle nor did I try after it
This means that the bitch is in the process of reproductive formation. The reproductive system of dogs is fully formed, on average, between the second and third estrus. A young female going to diestrus may very well change her taste. The reproductive and hormonal system is still being formed. Female wolves become fully reproductive full, for example, generally after the third estrus. Bitches of domestic dogs, in a little earlier, however, the process of puberty does not end with the first estrus. So this can be the norm, easy. Another thing is that without direct observation of the animal, it is not possible to reliably confirm or refute it.

Approximately, the current phase of the reproductive cycle is highlighted in red on the diagram. Perhaps the beginning of the development of false frailty is also possible if the dog really left empty (unfertilized). Falsehood is not an anomaly.
In general, you can talk about this topic for a very long time, but in my bad English, I'm afraid it looks ridiculous and incomprehensible. So I try to express myself as briefly and primitively as possible.

Attachments

• 43928.png.jpg
    43928.png.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 44
In general, you can talk about this topic for a very long time, but in my bad English, I'm afraid it looks ridiculous and incomprehensible. So I try to express myself as briefly and primitively as possible.

Perhaps a little clumsy, but better than I would be in your native language, whatever it is, I bet! You can be understood. I wouldn't be able to communicate at all.
And that handy diagram is sweet. Thanks.

But seriously, without a lot more info, probably including the results of multiple tests, trying to figure out what's up is gonna be one helluva tough task, methinks.
Thats right.
Changing taste can be result of biochemical changes resulting in different chemicals in her piss. It can be sign of some health problems.
Maybe, but in practice, this happens quite rarely, as far as I can tell. I could be wrong.
Another possibility - change of vaginal microbiota
Maybe, but a critical shift in microbiota will undoubtedly develop in a few days before the inflammatory process in the vagina, to vaginitis. This will lead to overt visual disturbances, such as vaginal discharge. Apparently, this does not happen in the cases described.
Slow change in microbiota, a continuous process that should not be feared. This is some balancing natural mechanism.
Watch out for pyometra. If she was on heat december now its very propable time for it to happen.
This is good advice. But the author does not seem to describe immediate signs. It is worth monitoring the general condition of the dog, and at the first sign, take action.

I would also, with a high probability, expect the development of a false pregnancy. Not with absolute, this thing can leak quickly, and is not noticeable to the owner. Or maybe long and hard. And yes, these are all my assumptions. I might be wrong.

English isn't my native language either so don't worry

As for the pyometra, she doesn't pee frequently nor drink more water than usual. Also she has no fever and her energy is as skyrocketed as always. She would be spewing out pus in the case of an open pyometra too

I very much doubt she got pregnant. She was around males during her heat but I never left her alone nor saw her knotted and she should have a belly by now. It would be day 49 today since she stopped leaking blood so about twenty more days to be sure she's empty

English isn't my native language either so don't worry

As for the pyometra, she doesn't pee frequently nor drink more water than usual. Also she has no fever and her energy is as skyrocketed as always. She would be spewing out pus in the case of an open pyometra too

I very much doubt she got pregnant. She was around males during her heat but I never left her alone nor saw her knotted and she should have a belly by now. It would be day 49 today since she stopped leaking blood so about twenty more days to be sure she's empty

Um... You're PROBABLY right, but one nit-pick - you may already know this, others reading in the future may not:
Knotting *IS ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUIRED* for a bitch to be impregnated! Even penetration is optional! A drop of semen containing live sperm hitting the vulva - not necessarily going into the opening, just landing ON the vulva - is all it takes to impregnate a bitch. Obviously, a penetration and/or tie is more likely to result in pregnancy, since the semen is deposited deeper, and more of it gets delivered internally, but all it takes is getting some quantity of live sperm into the vagina where it can start making its way to the uterus and fallopian tubes to meet up with any eggs that are ripe. If a drop of semen hits the vulva in such a way as to make contact with any fluid the sperm can swim through to enter the vagina, then pregnancy is a very realistic possible outcome. (albeit lower probability than in the case of a large amount of semen being delivered deep inside the vagina as in the case of an actual penetration and/or tie with internal ejaculation)

While not false, the probabilities drop tenfold. The sperm must still get mid-way into the uterine tracts to get capacitated to be able to fecundate the ovule and given that it was ejaculated onto the vulva (or to be more generous, in the vaginal vestibule), it would still need to cross the vagina, cross the cervix, cross the uterus into one of the tracts, get capacitated, and get to the ovule while avoiding immunologic cells, surviving the vaginal acid, and getting to the ovule before it crosses to the 3rd portion of the uterine tract so the chances are very, very slim

Um... You're PROBABLY right, but one nit-pick - you may already know this, others reading in the future may not:
Knotting *IS ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUIRED* for a bitch to be impregnated! Even penetration is optional! A drop of semen containing live sperm hitting the vulva - not necessarily going into the opening, just landing ON the vulva - is all it takes to impregnate a bitch. Obviously, a penetration and/or tie is more likely to result in pregnancy, since the semen is deposited deeper, and more of it gets delivered internally, but all it takes is getting some quantity of live sperm into the vagina where it can start making its way to the uterus and fallopian tubes to meet up with any eggs that are ripe. If a drop of semen hits the vulva in such a way as to make contact with any fluid the sperm can swim through to enter the vagina, then pregnancy is a very realistic possible outcome. (albeit lower probability than in the case of a large amount of semen being delivered deep inside the vagina as in the case of an actual penetration and/or tie with internal ejaculation)
This is a true statement.
While not false, the probabilities drop tenfold. The sperm must still get mid-way into the uterine tracts to get capacitated to be able to fecundate the ovule and given that it was ejaculated onto the vulva (or to be more generous, in the vaginal vestibule), it would still need to cross the vagina, cross the cervix, cross the uterus into one of the tracts, get capacitated, and get to the ovule while avoiding immunologic cells, surviving the vaginal acid, and getting to the ovule before it crosses to the 3rd portion of the uterine tract so the chances are very, very slim
And that too.
There is another nuance that is very important from a practical point of view. The thing is that the sperm of dogs consists of three fractions.
The first fraction is flushing, and practically does not contain sperm. It is the maximum in volume. At the beginning of sexual intercourse, the male selects this particular fraction.
A sufficient amount of time must pass to isolate the fraction containing concentrated spermatozoa. In this case, the male’s penis should be in an erection all this time, and outside the loop of the female. Which in practice is extremely rare.
For a chance of conception, it is the second fraction that must fall on the external genital organs of the bitch. If you get the first fraction, the chances of fertilization tend to minus one.
In practice, it is extremely rare to get the right set of circumstances.
Although this does not mean at all that once the bones cannot fall out in the right combination.

Well this would be day 55 and I can only feel her kidneys by palpitation. She is actually eating less (I spent all of the month's money and wasn't paid yet and since I give them raw meat and cook for them, they'll eat the kibble as last resort) and her activity and energy didn't decline. Her boobs haven't grown at all (the pelvic nipples are as flat as always [im sorry]) and there's no overly-protective attitude.

So I'd say it's safe to say she's empty. Her taste is still as I mentioned earlier but now I'm starting to get more active with her. The last two days were fingering. Yesterday I could put my entire middle finger in her before she told me to stop and today I could make it go in and out a few times before I was told to stop.

She's opening her legs more often lately too

I think you should take her to the vet first, if you can manage it. It was already mentioned earlier, but it could be pyometra.

I periodically inject a mixture of manuka honey, garlic extract, and a drop of peroxide into my bitchs' vaginas. My females have had a rancid smell several times after heat throughout the years, but it seemed to clear right up because of that regular preventative treatment. I can't say it's going to help, but as long as she's not allergic to honey give it a shot. It's really important to keep bad bacteria from building up, as it can kill her.

I did take her to the vet before but they didn't find anything significant. She has no fever, no excessive drinking or peeing, nothing out of the ordinary

I think you should take her to the vet first, if you can manage it. It was already mentioned earlier, but it could be pyometra.

I periodically inject a mixture of manuka honey, garlic extract, and a drop of peroxide into my bitchs' vaginas. My females have had a rancid smell several times after heat throughout the years, but it seemed to clear right up because of that regular preventative treatment. I can't say it's going to help, but as long as she's not allergic to honey give it a shot. It's really important to keep bad bacteria from building up, as it can kill her.

Are you STILL trying to peddle that bullshit idea? You're a total fucking idiot! It's a pussy, not a bowl of pasta! A dog's vagina needs honey and garlic pumped into it like she needs to be fed rat poison! But then, you've demonstrated many times in the various places you've tried pushing this utterly fucking stupid idea that you don't have ther first hint of a goddamned clue what the hell you're talking about, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Back