This is unrelated to zoo but I would like to know more about this.

Demigod

Citizen of Zooville
I am sure plenty of users have tried hookup apps but I would like to get your opinion on which ones are the best and which ones are rhe worst for men. I'm not asking for anything zoo related either, I have just been having bad luck lately.

I wasn't aware there were any good hookup sites/apps at all. Lol
Iv never had any luck with dating/hookup apps. I always get catfished, stood up and in one way or another screwed.

I used tinder, POF and match and by far match was better. I met more women and went on more dates with women from match than any where else. When you’re paying money to meet people, the women are taking it much or seriously and there are less dudes looking for a quick lay. That being said, the difference of men to women on dating apps are like 10 men:1 woman, the odds are just not in your favor. Update you’re profile monthly and take plenty of pictures of you doing different things and you’ll have a better chance at matching, from there you’re on your own

Tinder is a wasteland. Last time it was decent was before ~2016. I'm fairly good looking and they just don't respond after matching.
Bumble has been better. Gotten a couple of dates and some sex from it.

All round a waste of time and energy & it can knock your perception of women/people and yourself. Do not do that to yourself. You are better off getting a hobby and meeting people through people &or group activities. We are wired to socially preselect, its your best bet. Just being in a specific place, around other people, has a certain non-zero chance of you meeting your peoples, where apps...are just a wasteland.

Other than that, don't focus on sex at all, esp with women. Get to know the person and go from there. Typically if a woman wants "just sex", she will make it very obvious (I still wish women are a bit more forward & open when they like someone (romantically or sexually) as a lot of us guys can't/wont read signals, cause we are so used to being rejected all the time). The rest that arent making it obvious, its not worth it to pester them for sex.

Grindr is an absolute fuck fest if you are into men. You can pull multiples per day if you get good at your grindr game. Last week I had 11 sessions with 8 different guys (I'm a bit of slut :censored:).

Good luck!

If you are interested in building relationships and enjoy a more honest communication try Fetlife. If you arent an ass and keep and open mind you should have a good time.

a friend of mine (male) found a potential partner (female) on facebook of all places... tho he was looking for something serious and not random hookup.

God...So I rode the Tinder wave about 5 years ago. Bear in mind I'm a relatively attractive woman, so...it wasn't terrible. I basically had pick of the litter - but imagine the cute puppies in the litter had issues. I probably met up with...like...10 men over the course of 6-8 months. Out of those only 1 was a consistent hook up for me but, kinks collided. (Sorry if you're here bruh, I can't do the twink thing!)

Now though, it's like a fucking wasteland. I can match with 100 people easy but half of them are fucking stupid. Can't keep a conversation for shit and the 1 dude I was interested in meeting wanted to fucking meet in the woods for some photography(or murder, IDK). I haven't met anyone yet, but I downloaded it about a month ago and dropped it pretty quickly, I just picked it back up 2 days ago.

If you're an a attractive man, give Bumble a try - the ladies HAVE to start the conversation, which opens it up for you to talk her up. If you have kinks, maybe look into KinkD if that's still a thing, I was considering hopping on there but I don't want to deal with the emotional torment of inevitably seeing my ex.

Honestly...if you can hold a conversation, are not a creep and seem like a consistent person to speak with, you're probably golden to use any of them.

You have to pay a bit but my dear MissGinger always had luck on Adultfriendfinder.
Yep....If youre even remotely interesting, Women there fall all over themselves when a new fella shows up. Dont know about men seeking men, but its prolly the same idea. The chatrooms are useful places to get to know people. Or to know which ones to avoid.
But take the time to do that, before you attempt a hookup. Hookups are such a short run thing, as to have no permanent value. Good way to get treated like a used kleenex.

Cry about it. Who GAF as long as people practice safe sex.
Who gives a fuck is people who want to find an actual relationship, but no matter where they go all they're bombarded with is pieces of shit looking for hookups.

Then there's the damage hookups do if the people wants to move past them and be in an actual relationship. The first guy I ever dated was a "former" hookuper, but was "tired of it and wanted something serious". Thanks to his learning that sex was a free gimme whenever you're horny he had no fucking clue that it was something involving 2 people who had to be on the same page. Not only was he trying to get in my pants on the first date (which should have stopped me from even going on a 2nd, but he was my first date that had taken me 2 years to even get so wanted to give him a chance), but he was constantly aggressive about it and even when we had a talk about how I had previously identified as asexual and need to take things slow, he came over to my house the next day with condoms and lube and tried to stand there looking all seductive. He kept me on the defensive for 3 months with his aggression, and finally broke up because "3 months is soooooo long to wait".

6 months later I saw him with a new profile "In a relationship, but I love penis, looking for more on the side".

Yeah, such a good mentality for sex you learned from Gridr. Fucker.

Last edited:
Reactions: pes
Who gives a fuck is people who want to find an actual relationship, but no matter where they go all they're bombarded with is pieces of shit looking for hookups.

Then there's the damage hookups do if the people wants to move past them and be in an actual relationship. The first guy I ever dated was a "former" hookuper, but was "tired of it and wanted something serious". Thanks to his learning that sex was a free gimme whenever you're horny he had no fucking clue that it was something involving 2 people who had to be on the same page. Not only was he trying to get in my pants on the first date (which should have stopped me from even going on a 2nd, but he was my first date that had taken me 2 years to even get so wanted to give him a chance), but he was constantly aggressive about it and even when we had a talk about how I had previously identified as asexual and need to take things slow, he came over to my house the next day with condoms and lube and tried to stand there looking all seductive. He kept me on the defensive for 3 months with his aggression, and finally broke up because "3 months is soooooo long to wait".

6 months later I saw him with a new profile "In a relationship, but I love penis, looking for more on the side".

Yeah, such a good mentality for sex you learned from Gridr. Fucker.
Yeah, that guy totally learned that demeanor from Grindr and didn't just have a shitty personality. :rolleyes: Seems ridiculous to me to imply that someone developed really problematic patterns of sexual aggression and total disregard for boundaries from hook-up culture. Those kinds of issues are way more deep-seated than to be caused from too much easy sex.

If anything people like that are simply drawn to those kind of apps, not created by them... Sure, that's an argument as to why hook-up culture is problematic, as it gives those individuals a platform to engage in unethical behavior (which I might agree with partially), but extending that to believe that the very act of seeking casual sex is inherently vile and disgusting is ridiculous. Sounds to me more like you're pushing your personal resentment onto everyone because of a shitty dude.

Back